Super Frank Thread

23 hours ago, Jason said:

We should all probably just agree that there is no more room for excuses next season. New signings or not, there must be improvement made next season. There must be higher expectations set for next season.

Especially at defense part...

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

Improvement can be made nonetheless, like on those aspects you mentioned. New signings would be most welcome but it shouldn't be seen as the solution to our problems. Moreover, Lampard reportedly talked about a 3-year plan to challenge for the Premier League and Champions League (latter might be asking a lot in 3 years but that's another debate) when trying to convince Ziyech and Werner to join us. So next season is year 2 and assuming Lampard has planned out what to do, then yeah, he needs to improve the side through coaching, new signings or not. 

We shall see I guess. It is imperative for lamp to turn us into a good pressing team otherwise It will be even harder season. 

6 minutes ago, DDA said:

From minute 5 onwards....

Makes sense given it's unlikely we'll have enough money to buy a LB, CB and GK all in one window. Plus, there's no genuine top class CB available at the moment. Would be nice though to get moving on the defensive signings! :rant:

49 minutes ago, Jason said:

Makes sense given it's unlikely we'll have enough money to buy a LB, CB and GK all in one window. Plus, there's no genuine top class CB available at the moment. Would be nice though to get moving on the defensive signings! :rant:

We need to wrap them up asap and get working on our system because the system had completley failed after Covid 19. It was hard to watch.

Like I said weeks ago, we now have a short window of a break and FL will want deals done in the next two-three weeks to form the shape of his team for kick off.

Havertz should be anytime now and the board will be grafting to get players out as well as in.

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Next season's calendar - PL + Carabao Cup + FA Cup + European competition + International football...

Safe to say that rotation is gonna be ******* important next season!

Yep, having good squad depth is now more important than ever.

Unless they can somehow cough up some extra funds for quality signings I can especially see Liverpool suffering from the fixture congestion. City should be a lock for the title with their ridiculous squad, it's theirs to fuck up.

Lampard so far has been a big fan of rotating the squad, though this season a lot of the rotation was probably down to Lamps not necessarily knowing what his best team is. At least in defense areas. Either way I can see pretty much every player in the squad getting a lot of minutes with two games almost every week till at least March and possibly even further depending on the FA Cup and CL runs. 

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Next season's calendar - PL + Carabao Cup + FA Cup + European competition + International football...

EfTN0PmXsAM6SQb?format=png&name=large

Safe to say that rotation is gonna be ******* important next season!

Three rounds of the Carabao cup in two weeks in September just stupid. It should have been scrapped for the season if fans aren't allowed in then it's hardly a cash cow for smaller clubs if they get drawn against the top premier league clubs. Liverpool played kids in the FA cup that's going to happen a lot next season.

On 13/08/2020 at 5:56 PM, Iggy Doonican said:

Three rounds of the Carabao cup in two weeks in September just stupid. It should have been scrapped for the season if fans aren't allowed in then it's hardly a cash cow for smaller clubs if they get drawn against the top premier league clubs. Liverpool played kids in the FA cup that's going to happen a lot next season.

Read somewhere think it was the Daily Heil, 183 countries out of 193 in the World pay silly money to watch our English football on TV, and that the whole thing is on the brink of collapse because China, ironically, are refusing to pay up because of Covid.

Wouldnt be too bad a thing in some respects - and fair play to Willian getting 220k a week for the next 3 years :P

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Read somewhere think it was the Daily Heil, 183 countries out of 193 in the World pay silly money to watch our English football on TV, and that the whole thing is on the brink of collapse because China, ironically, are refusing to pay up because of Covid.

Wouldnt be too bad a thing in some respects - and fair play to Willian getting 220k a week for the next 3 years :P

Up till I think it was last year every single Man United game in the FA Cup for the last 20 years has been on telly so it can be watched live in China.

28 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Up till I think it was last year every single Man United game in the FA Cup for the last 20 years has been on telly so it can be watched live in China.

Theyre mental over Utd for some reason. 

Think I told you about when I went to Man City v Chelsea and all these Chinese blokes got on a wall to have their picture taken wearing Man Utd shirts - the next thing they were getting spat at and punched by a load of City fans. Not nice, but how stupid ??

29 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Theyre mental over Utd for some reason. 

Think I told you about when I went to Man City v Chelsea and all these Chinese blokes got on a wall to have their picture taken wearing Man Utd shirts - the next thing they were getting spat at and punched by a load of City fans. Not nice, but how stupid ??

2012 charity shield at Villa wasn't it ?. They are the most popular English team round the world Liverpool second in Ireland I would say about 80% of people support either one of them. Chelsea are popular in the North amongst the Orangemen but in the South hardly anyone. I still maintain that the Chinese had a lot to do with VAR coming in because of massive betting syndicates losing money over dodgy goals.

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

The last one before last year was when Exeter went to Old Trafford and got a 0-0 in i think 2005.