Super Frank Thread

Lampard truly is one of a kind. He's the emblem of this club, and I feel lucky and privileged to have been able to watch him (albeit not live, which is one of my life's biggest regrets), support him and enjoy all his goals for so many years. He's more than a legend. To me, he is the perfect footballer. And like I said in the match thread, this is up there with Munich for me. That minor pitch invasion by a group of fans was reminiscent of the Munich celebrations.

And damn, I can't stop looking at the goals. During the game I went mental after both goals went in, but especially the first. A few seconds after that goal I looked outside the living room window (which I'd forgotten to close), and just as I suspected, one of our neighbours looked slightly worried, in fact he must've thought I was getting sodomized. But watching the goals now, I got goosebumps and I even cried a little, and that Arabic commentator helped make the video even more emotional ("al superr Frankkk", "al superr heerrooo"), it sounded like he was crying as well. I could spend the rest of the night watching the goals and I am sure they'd still give me chills.

Today I witnessed my idol Frank Lampard break the record for the all time leading goal scorer for Chelsea Football Club. I am proud to say I witnessed those goals and as a man on and off the field no one deserves it more! Congratulations Super Frankie Lampard, a true great to the game!!!!

Whatever happens come the end of the season, I will always remember Frank Lampard as the greatest player to have ever put on a Chelsea shirt. It has been an absolute pleasure to watch Frank play week in week out for us, with true pride and grace.

It is chilling to watch that video of Harry Redknapp telling a muggy West Ham fan how Lampard will go right to the absolute top when he was a teenager. He has always led by example as a role model and deserves every last bit of praise he gets. He has provided us with some of our greatest moments as fans and I cannot thank him enough. He will be one of the players the grandchildren always ask about and I'll be able to tell them what an incredible man and footballer he was and that i have had the privilege of seeing him play.

Thankyou so much Frank.

Such a modest, classy man. He is really the guy who should receive knighthood by her majesty, but probably never will cos the Queen is Arsenal supporter.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/gallery/12739/8706623/franks-finest-goals

here a nice gallery of some of his most important goals. I remember all of them too well.

Also amazing feat by Cech to carry a big man like Frank on his shoulders.

Whatever happens come the end of the season, I will always remember Frank Lampard as the greatest player to have ever put on a Chelsea shirt. It has been an absolute pleasure to watch Frank play week in week out for us, with true pride and grace.

It is chilling to watch that video of Harry Redknapp telling a muggy West Ham fan how Lampard will go right to the absolute top when he was a teenager. He has always led by example as a role model and deserves every last bit of praise he gets. He has provided us with some of our greatest moments as fans and I cannot thank him enough. He will be one of the players the grandchildren always ask about and I'll be able to tell them what an incredible man and footballer he was and that i have had the privilege of seeing him play.

Thankyou so much Frank.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Well done sir.

Living legend, nothing more and nothing else. This guy delivered at Bolton many years ago, numerous league games, numerous CL ties and a final and not only that but FA Cup finals.

Frank if I could meet you I would beg you to stay, my words would do no good because Chelsea make their own choice, but from me and nearly every CFC fan....Congratulations and thank you for everything you have done for this, and my football club....I love you and we love you.

Respect.

Such a modest, classy man. He is really the guy who should receive knighthood by her majesty, but probably never will cos the Queen is Arsenal supporter.

Absolutely.

Our fans in England should really talk about this more often and try to put pressure on the media somehow.

Are there any other clubs who have a midfielder as their all time top scorer? I would really like to know, because I can't think of any.

Also, Lamps isn't just an attacking midfielder, he isn't the kind whose only duty is to attack. It's really easy to forget that because of the insane amount of goals he scores. But we must remember he isn't only about goals, he used to play defensive midfield and this season he plays deeper too. In the games where we needed to defend, he was immense. He's always been a tireless workhorse, trying to perfect everything there is to perfect as a footballer. As a result he became the complete player we now see.

He does it all - defending, tackling, scoring, poaching, assisting, passing, corners, penalties, free kicks, right foot, left foot, mid range, long range shooting.

We talk about the Peles and Maradonas and Zidanes and Ronaldos and Messis of the world, but they have/had only one job to do, they are/were not even remotely close to being complete players. Therefore I refrain myself from automatically naming an attacker as the best, because for me, the best are those who are most complete. Lampsy fits the criteria.

I don't think we really understand how good he was during his prime, it was unprecedented. He is a unique player throughout the world. Every other player you can compare to somebody, but you can't do that with Lampard. The closest you can come with comparisons are still too far. He really should have won the Ballon d'Or at least once, but the wankfest over flashy attackers robbed him continuously.

He is a brilliant player, a brilliant person. Thank you, Frank.