Super Frank Thread

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

The individuals are a problem and individual mistakes have fucked us up a lot this season but at the same time, not many people have questioned how we have allowed the goals we conceded come about. How often have we - as a unit - made life difficult for opponents to score against us this season? How often have we - as a unit - made opponents work really hard or have to come up with something special to score against us? Take the Bayern game for example. Yes, they are a class above us but look at how much space they had every time they went on the offence and they pretty much were able to get at our defence on every attack. We barely stopped their attacks in midfield or far away from our penalty box. And we also didn't help matters by overcommitting in attack - both wingbacks just bombed forward, Kovacic/Jorginho got forward - and that led to many easy turnovers for Bayern, who probably couldn't believe their luck at the amount of space they got to play with! That's why I said we need to be a little pragmatic, especially in cases like this. Bayern were always expected to win and that's fine but I would have preferred if we had reined it back a little, played more streetwise rather than played with reckless abandon. We gave ourselves no chance whatsoever by being so open against them, especially knowing they have better players than us at this point of time. 

I think the Bayern game was a big mistake the way we set up. You're right a team of that ability were always going to exploit and hurt us. It seemed like having Giroud in the team and perhaps realising the qualities of Bayern, we tried playing more direct. It wasn't effective and leaving too many players caught out of position who were trying to commit to that. We didn't need to be overly cautious, but we should have tried dominating the ball more and picking our moments to up the tempo and commit players forward. 

If Lampard stays next season and gets a few players in it will be interesting to see how he evolves as a manager. I think at the start of the season he surveyed the squad at his disposal and realised if we weren't going to open up and take risks we'd struggle to score. We weren't a big scoring team in the league last season and Lampard didn't have four of the five highest goalscorers in the league last season available for this (Hazard, RLC, Higuain and Morata). The only other one in that top 5 was a 32 year old Pedro who himself hadn't scored a league goal since February in that season and whilst Lampard may have been able to make more use of him this season, he is starting to show his age and decline at this level.

10 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I think the Bayern game was a big mistake the way we set up. You're right a team of that ability were always going to exploit and hurt us. It seemed like having Giroud in the team and perhaps realising the qualities of Bayern, we tried playing more direct. It wasn't effective and leaving too many players caught out of position who were trying to commit to that. We didn't need to be overly cautious, but we should have tried dominating the ball more and picking our moments to up the tempo and commit players forward. 

If Lampard stays next season and gets a few players in it will be interesting to see how he evolves as a manager. I think at the start of the season he surveyed the squad at his disposal and realised if we weren't going to open up and take risks we'd struggle to score. We weren't a big scoring team in the league last season and Lampard didn't have four of the five highest goalscorers in the league last season available for this (Hazard, RLC, Higuain and Morata). The only other one in that top 5 was a 32 year old Pedro who himself hadn't scored a league goal since February in that season and whilst Lampard may have been able to make more use of him this season, he is starting to show his age and decline at this level.

I don't think any of us really judging Lamp offensively, coming into the season we expect it to be a problem with Hazard leaving. 

The problem is on the other end. I really don't expect us to be this bad defensively. It has been a problem since pre season. We can't defend set pieces and we have massive problem against player who play between the lines, basically if the other team has player that can hurt us, they will. 

I don't want to see the back of Frank. He came in as an inexperienced manager at a particularly difficult time. We knew there would be times that would show and it has, I have no desire for him to be sacked. Look at Klopp, we would have got rid 3 years ago.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

We gave ourselves no chance whatsoever by being so open against them, especially knowing they have better players than us at this point of time. 

A majour issue I have with FL is this, amazing he didnt see this coming.

35 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I don't want to see the back of Frank. He came in as an inexperienced manager at a particularly difficult time. We knew there would be times that would show and it has, I have no desire for him to be sacked. Look at Klopp, we would have got rid 3 years ago.

No we wont but at the same time I just dont get the klopp and pep comparison. They had a proven track record, winners. And even in those times you could clearly see progress, I have seen none since oktober. He does not have experience yes but playing under the managers he had Im kinda shocked we see the same mistakes every game more or less. We needed to be more clever vs Bayern but werent.

32 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Thats not true, Klopp got to a Europa League Final his first season, his 2nd season he got top 4, third season he got to UCL final, 4th season he won UCL and 5th season he is winning EPL. Lampard has not shown anything to give him the benefit of the doubt, in fact we have gotten worse at the back of which we can argue that maybe earlier in the season he was still benefiting from Sarri's tactical work, our ball playing from the back has gotten worse. Kepa has his flaws but his regressed massively under Lampard and that is on him. Klopp had the ability to turn mediocre players into a better collective something Lamps has failed to do up to  this point. This season would have been better off with a Conte who can turn a turd into cavier. 

13 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

No we wont but at the same time I just dont get the klopp and pep comparison.

13 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Thats not true, Klopp got to a Europa League Final his first season

Don't care. With our board they would have given him the Spanish archer.

Roman Abramovich may sack Frank Lampard because of one person after Chelsea dispute

Chelsea chief Marina Granovskaia could encourage owner Roman Abramovich to sack Frank Lampard if form does not pick up.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1248285/Chelsea-news-Roman-Abramovich-sack-Frank-Lampard-Marina-Granovskaia

caveat emptor

it's The Express and that cunt Duncan Castles

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I saw el bow and though UJ was back!!!

lololol

BTW I was wrong about lack of ruby hostelries in Gran Canaria -quite a few and hash shops as well:cig: :ph34r:

It was a bitch stuck in that sandstorm though -first night we had to sleep on the airport floor -it looked like a refugee camp. had a suite in the AC Marriott the next two nights 

34 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

BTW I was wrong about lack of ruby hostelries in Gran Canaria -quite a few and hash shops as well:cig: :ph34r:

It was a bitch stuck in that sandstorm though -first night we had to sleep on the airport floor -it looked like a refugee camp. had a suite in the AC Marriott the next two nights 

yep, I knew there were curry takeaways there

hash dens I stay away from!

but those would be a good place to look for UJ

:cig:

lolol

59 minutes ago, Vesper said:

yep, I knew there were curry takeaways there

hash dens I stay away from!

but those would be a good place to look for UJ

:cig:

lolol

They were proper clean shops. Polished floors, smart staff and a complete array of jars with every variety...quite surprised, but expensive...

Wouldn't know what UJ looks like. I asked if he was black because met some Manc who said there was an ex DJ in the South of the Island into Northern Soul who was a black Yank but I never checked it out....:offtopic:

I love Fat Frank...

37 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Can we sack her if her form dont pick up?

What? She is effectively running the club. I really doubt Lampard entered in a conflict with Marina, because she is the boss. You can't enter in a conflict with your boss. Many reports in recent seasons are showing she is the one picking managers and also firing them, since Roman became more distant and less involved in the club daily activity. That would explain why in recent years we are more patient with managers than Manchester United. Both Conte and Sarri survived some results that in past seasons were a death sentence for managers. So, she doesn't need to encourage Roman to sack Lampard, because she can do that by herself.

6 minutes ago, Henrique said:

What? She is effectively running the club. I really doubt Lampard entered in a conflict with Marina, because she is the boss. You can't enter in a conflict with your boss. Many reports in recent seasons are showing she is the one picking managers and also firing them, since Roman became more distant and less involved in the club daily activity. That would explain why in recent years we are more patient with managers than Manchester United. Both Conte and Sarri survived some results that in past seasons were a death sentence for managers. So, she doesn't need to encourage Roman to sack Lampard, because she can do that by herself.

she needs to sack herself

18 minutes ago, Henrique said:

And I dont trust her one fucking bit when it comes to sackings and players coming in......players for sale, sponsors etc she is good at. The others not even slightly considering the amount of shit we have been through for 4 years now. That she has offered Willy 2 more years.....lets say im fuming. You dont sell the fella twice for good money, now that he is at the end of his run you offer him 2 years? Pure stupidity Willy spat on that deal. Get her the fuck out asap.

All about getting to the summer as best we can and then Frank can start building his own side, one that matches his character. What we saw on Tuesday was the result of terrible management at boardroom level and not  the fault of Frank or the lads, IMO. I think Frank knows what he wants from the players, gives them the task and they often fail. He will be far more frustrated than we are.....let him create his squad and then sky's the limit

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

All about getting to the summer as best we can and then Frank can start building his own side, one that matches his character. What we saw on Tuesday was the result of terrible management at boardroom level and not  the fault of Frank or the lads, IMO. I think Frank knows what he wants from the players, gives them the task and they often fail. He will be far more frustrated than we are.....let him create his squad and then sky's the limit

We are here cuz we are run like dog shit. Proper mismanagement at almost every level.