Super Frank Thread

2 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Don't take the fucking high moral ground with me mate you're the one who wanted a Chelsea player to be injured. And I'll swear my head off at anyone who makes such crass statements. And that last pathetic statement has nothing to do with Chelsea and is totally irrelevant.

Image result for cheers mate gif

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

I never said I wanted Simeone

I have wanted Nagelsmann since it was obvious Conte was out

that said

as long as he was backed with his style of players

I have no real issues with DS coming here

I like defensive football

grind it out games with a very low loss rate

think Milan 1987ish to the mid 90's

I'm happy with solid shape first everything else second when it had us in contention for major titles, but I don't think it will again.

Outside shot at CL maybe (but even Atletico for all their big game heroics still haven't done it yet) but I don't think pragmatic tactics will work against the super consistent attacking/pressing teams who's tactics blow the middle to lesser sides away (Simeone ball would drop too many points in those games).

I think Diego came an era too late, I reckon the 00s he would have won a shit load of titles (hypothetically allowing his Leti squads into a time machine) even against Reals Galaticos and Dinho's Barca, but in this era it just isn't enough on a week by week basis.

4 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I'll give you your due son you're definitely a half glass full person but it's the oldest cliche in the book it's a results business and saying we dominated against Arsenal is irrelevant if you don't win the game. Liverpool dominated possession last night, that game in 2015 when we beat Man United 1-0 at the Bridge and had only 26% possession that was and still is Mourinho's raison d' etre. If we have 80% of the ball and lose on Saturday I can't imagine anyone is going to say I'm devastated about the result but on the plus side I'm thrilled about our ball possession.

Agree. A lot of our losses this season we've had the most shots and possession and yet it's the other team who come away happy. It means nothing. I dont get a shit if we chase the ball long as we are the ones scoring. Not them having 2 shots 2 goals and us with 15 and sod all

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

but i am coming up with us ending on 65 to 68 points IF we lose to Spuds

I have Spuds on 67 to 70 IF they beat us

so

flip it

we beat them

68 to 71 for us

We won 41 points after 26 rounds. More than 2/3 of the season played. No way we are winning 30 points in the last 12 games even if we beat Spurs. Can't see us improving so dramatically.  With this tempo we'll be around 60 points. 

Atalanta completely destroyed Valencia at home...same team we lost to 0-1. But of course [mention=4603]Fernando[/mention] will suggest Atalanta have a much better squad than Chelsea.
You are comparing a game that happened months ago with a game that finished minutes ago.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Atalanta completely destroyed Valencia at home...same team we lost to 0-1. But of course @Fernando will suggest Atalanta have a much better squad than Chelsea.

Lol completely different context. 

At the beginning of the season and today are two different things. 

I agree losing 12 points gap is unacceptable. (if we lose top4). But at the same time last season after 26 rounds Spurs had 60 points Chelsea 50. We finished above them. And people want Poch. He also had 12 points less than Lampard this season. Mou closed the gap. 

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

I agree losing 12 points gap is unacceptable. (if we lose top4). But at the same time last season after 26 rounds Spurs had 60 points Chelsea 50. We finished above them. And people want Poch. He also had 12 points less than Lampard this season. Mou closed the gap. 

But he managed to take Spurs to a UCL with an ultra limited squad. Trying to suggest Lampard is in the same level as Poch in terms of quality doesn't make much sense. Poch is the main reason Spurs became a "big" team. Before Pochettino there was not "big 6" talk. Since Spurs started to finish in top 4 on regular basis people started to consider them a "big" team.

You might keep faith in Lampard because he is a legend, because of stability or whatever, but suggesting Poch won't a be a upgrade over Lampard is just refusing to accept facts. It reminds me of 8 years ago, when "Roberto di Matteo is better than Guardiola" was a very popular opinion in this forum.

5 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Agree. A lot of our losses this season we've had the most shots and possession and yet it's the other team who come away happy. It means nothing. I dont get a shit if we chase the ball long as we are the ones scoring. Not them having 2 shots 2 goals and us with 15 and sod all

But so many of our goal attempts are in very crowed penalty areas, which is mostly down to our pedestrian build up play with endless passes and players frustratingly looking for another pass or taking an extra touch when in a good position.

Liverpool and an on form City are consistently able to carve open teams and have 3 or 4 attackers against 3 or 4 defenders.  Until we start opening up teams at pace, we'll struggle to do what the top teams are doing.

9 hours ago, Henrique said:

Atalanta completely destroyed Valencia at home...same team we lost to 0-1. But of course @Fernando will suggest Atalanta have a much better squad than Chelsea.

For starters, Atalanta certainly have better finishers than we do (as can be seen in the number of goals they've scored this season). They had 11 shots, 5 on target and scored 4. Valencia had 18 shots, 4 on target but scored just 1. And Valencia certainly had good clear chances last night.

8 hours ago, Henrique said:

It reminds me of 8 years ago, when "Roberto di Matteo is better than Guardiola" was a very popular opinion in this forum.

That was when the forum was full of plastics jumping on the Chelsea hype of winning the CL. No real footballing fan of Chelsea would make such a dumb claim.

8 hours ago, Henrique said:

It reminds me of 8 years ago, when "Roberto di Matteo is better than Guardiola" was a very popular opinion in this forum.

38 minutes ago, DDA said:

That was when the forum was full of plastics jumping on the Chelsea hype of winning the CL. No real footballing fan of Chelsea would make such a dumb claim.

Di Matteo did win the CL without Messi, something Guardiola has been unable to do. :ph34r:

11 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Tbh Di Matteo overachieved in the way Pep never did.

Pep won 6 different trophies in one calender year. Even if that Barca team was outstanding it was basically his 3rd season as a manager.

Winning 6 trophies in one calender year, even with that team can be seen as overachieveing in my eyes, I mean I doubt any team will ever win 6 in the one calender year ever again.... lots and lots of games. 

Di Matteo did very well to win two trophies for us that half season he was interin manager but lets not pretend that he was an amazing manager compared with these guys.