Super Frank Thread

37 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Well considering Burnley went on to beat Leicester and United after that (not to mention only lose 1 in 4 at The Bridge under Dyche before that game) I would say it was a pretty good result and performance. The James and Callum combination especially was a really exciting part of that match.

If Burnley had gone on to lose to United and Leicester, would you be saying this? Don't want to sound like I take things for granted but it was Burnley. A good performance and result should have been expected. They had lost 6 of their 8 league games prior to that game. Never mind the big teams, if it was Wolves, Sheffield United or Leicester, I would agree with you. But it was Burnley and it's clutching at straws to even mention it.

37 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Regarding Arsenal, look back at a post of mine around the end of January and I've sent a video link of Hudson Odoi alone creating about 4 good chances and that didn't even include his assist.

So, one player who created 4 good chances is considered okay against 10 men for over an hour? I remember CHO did well in the first half but then faded away in the second. 

18 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

He is like the young, successful Mourinho.

But ofc Lamps is a Chelsea legend and therefore, we have to be patient. A Chelsea legend that fucked off to Man City. Something Drogba or Terry would have never done.

Somebody who was told he was no longer needed by the club. If I was in his shoes and a club the size of Man City came in and said they wanted me for a season I'd do the same thing.

If people can't look past one season that Lampard had at the age of 37 (and also had no impact on City winning trophies because we won the League and League Cup double that season), in comparison to the years of service he gave this club for the peak of his career and more then I find it embarrassing to be honest.

Cech went to Arsenal, Mata to United, Cudicini and Poyet to Spurs, and so on. All discarded because they were no longer first choice but gave great service to the club. Do you think the same about them too?

Although Monday night you were begging for Batshuayi's legs to be broken so he never played for Chelsea again, so maybe I shouldn't be expecting anything less?!

15 hours ago, Vesper said:

tell that to Liverpool tonight, lololol

the scouser scum fucksticks had ZERO shots on target

a team finally manned up and beat on the uber fraud Henderson and he was pure dogshit

I have to so laugh when (insert some marginal ex English EPL or first division player presenter who is a typical rah rah jingoistic bellend) says he is close to best CMF in the world

close to the biggest twat, yes

All Someone has in his tactical locker is to suffocate teams, knick a goal a defend it. You know as well as I do that will only take you so far in the EPL.

We'd become the new Arsenal getting 4th place every year, but playing mind rotting football along the way. 

I remember watching a CL game at Athletico when we were managed by Jose.  Not just the most boring game I'd ever seen but the most boring hour of sport I'd see. I was in a pub and after an hour I stopped watching a had a game of Pool instead and I don't even like playing Pool.

Imho, managers like Simeone and Jose are just bad for top level football.

10 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Somebody who was told he was no longer needed by the club. If I was in his shoes and a club the size of Man City came in and said they wanted me for a season I'd do the same thing.

If people can't look past one season that Lampard had at the age of 37 (and also had no impact on City winning trophies because we won the League and League Cup double that season), in comparison to the years of service he gave this club for the peak of his career and more then I find it embarrassing to be honest.

Cech went to Arsenal, Mata to United, Cudicini and Poyet to Spurs, and so on. All discarded because they were no longer first choice but gave great service to the club. Do you think the same about them too?

Although Monday night you were begging for Batshuayi's legs to be broken so he never played for Chelsea again, so maybe I shouldn't be expecting anything less?!

Cech: He tarnished his status imo

Mata: He was never a Chels legend like Drogba or Terry

Cudicini  & Poyet: irrelevant

Batshuayi: An injury would be in Chelsea's best interest

1 hour ago, Tomo said:
19 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Oh come on if you can't dominate territory against ten men then you're all kinds of shit. Having possession of the ball means fuck all if we lose out to champions league by two points it will be little comfort saying oh well at least we dominated possession against Arsenal. We should have slaughtered them bottom line is we didn't.

We dominated before we went down to ten aswell.

Ofcourse in terms of the match result it's meaningless but you can always look at game situations win, draw or lose and see potential signs going forward. For example in reverse, the 2015 title season, it was great to win the league but it was obvious to anyone with a set of eyes (or not in denial) we were close to big big trouble, and so it proved.

I'll give you your due son you're definitely a half glass full person but it's the oldest cliche in the book it's a results business and saying we dominated against Arsenal is irrelevant if you don't win the game. Liverpool dominated possession last night, that game in 2015 when we beat Man United 1-0 at the Bridge and had only 26% possession that was and still is Mourinho's raison d' etre. If we have 80% of the ball and lose on Saturday I can't imagine anyone is going to say I'm devastated about the result but on the plus side I'm thrilled about our ball possession.

19 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Cech: He tarnished his status imo

Mata: He was never a Chels legend like Drogba or Terry

Cudicini  & Poyet: irrelevant

Batshuayi: An injury would be in Chelsea's best interest

You want one of our players to get injured what a fucking prick.

15 minutes ago, chippy said:

All Someone has in his tactical locker is to suffocate teams, knick a goal a defend it. You know as well as I do that will only take you so far in the EPL.

We'd become the new Arsenal getting 4th place every year, but playing mind rotting football along the way. 

I remember watching a CL game at Athletico when we were managed by Jose.  Not just the most boring game I'd ever seen but the most boring hour of sport I'd see. I was in a pub and after an hour I stopped watching a had a game of Pool instead and I don't even like playing Pool.

I never said I wanted Simeone

I have wanted Nagelsmann since it was obvious Conte was out

that said

as long as he was backed with his style of players

I have no real issues with DS coming here

I like defensive football

grind it out games with a very low loss rate

think Milan 1987ish to the mid 90's

50 minutes ago, chippy said:

You cant be serious? DS bad for top level footy? He is the one that has made Am what they are today, he plays destructive footy yes but very effective. You give him better players and he wil only do better. Its far from boring, they run alot, close you down, hit you fast, can defend, can do set pieces, show alot of passion and will, organised as fuck. I'll take that any day over what we are seeing atm. If that was us last night we would have gone all attack mode and got beaten 3-0 vs pool.

29 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I'll give you your due son you're definitely a half glass full person but it's the oldest cliche in the book it's a results business and saying we dominated against Arsenal is irrelevant if you don't win the game. Liverpool dominated possession last night, that game in 2015 when we beat Man United 1-0 at the Bridge and had only 26% possession that was and still is Mourinho's raison d' etre. If we have 80% of the ball and lose on Saturday I can't imagine anyone is going to say I'm devastated about the result but on the plus side I'm thrilled about our ball possession.

This isn't about being glass half full or whatever (I ruled out any chance of the title last season, this season and already for next so if I'm regarded as a glass half full poster that says more about this site than it does me) in pretty much every successful side during the building/rebuilding process they go through a phase of having to look at the bigger picture while not getting the results they desire, it's reality, teams a lot less handicapped than us (losing our match winner with no chance of replacing) have needed 1-3 season's to construct the side they desire, even Fergie wrote season's off while constructing his great team with Ronaldo, Rooney, Vidic etc in it. Jose coming in and building a title winning side at the click of his fingers was the exception not the norm.

Regarding that United game, we were all thrilled with the result and the upcoming title but iirc on that match thread there was a widespread acceptance that that performance wasn't sustainable and to say that turned out to be spot on would be a massively misguided understatement.

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Regarding that United game, we were all thrilled with the result and the upcoming title but iirc on that match thread there was a widespread acceptance that that performance wasn't sustainable and to say that turned out to be spot on would be a massively misguided understatement.

I don't understand this what wasn't sustainable playing defensive football ?

8 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

We played really bad for half a season and were constantly bailed out by Courtois and Hazard (can't think of a single game post Swansea 5-0 that didn't have a match defining moment by one of them often both) while the rest of the team fell off a cliff.

We had to sort it out or eventually results would have caught up, we didn't and they did, watching pre season that summer it was very obvious we were in serious trouble.

54 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

I don't think it's necessarily defensive football in general, but the stats back this argument up at least during Mourinho's second tenure.

In the second half of Mourinho's title winning season we were creating barely any chances but would nick a 1-0, or grind out a draw. Fine as a short term measure to get the results we needed to win the league that season but the following season once Courtois was injured long term and Terry and Ivanovic in particular were showing their age, we were no longer able to keep those clean sheets and the team had become used to playing in a way which created very few chances.

Conte's title winning season was a little similar although not quite as dramatic but we weren't creating huge amounts of chances but the stats showed we were a lot more clinical than most if not the whole league. Again, long term this isn't sustainable and we struggled much more in the second year when we weren't as clinical.

At least this season stats back up that we're creating a lot of chances and should be scoring a lot more goals than we are. Obviously doesn't mean much right now when we're struggling but does offer hope that either we keep creating chances and someone hits a hot streak like Tammy did earlier in the season, or hopefully next season with a couple of good attacking additions that are capable of finishing these chances, the foundations have been laid to kick on.

I completely get that it's not all about stats and they can be misguided at times but some of our stats this season are bordering on ridiculous for how abnormal they are because we literally have one of the worst attacking stats in the league with regards to missing chances, not hitting expected goals targets, etc AND we also have the worst defensive stats in the league with regards to numbers and percentages of shots conceded compared to faced/on target. 

Lampard is far from blameless at present. I've remained positive on him throughout but there are some things that are starting to make me worry and I question some of his line ups, tactical decisions, etc. However at some point you also have to look at how pitiful a number of players are performing against what should be expected of them and nearly every stat suggests the quality within our squad at present is miles off.

2 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

We have a weak schedule after these few games ahead of us to the end of the season. I am not giving up YET.

pure back of hand calc, but i am coming up with us ending on 65 to 68 points IF we lose to Spuds

I have Spuds on 67 to 70 IF they beat us

so

flip it

we beat them

68 to 71 for us

64 to 67 for them

this next spuds game is perhaps for 4th place

say the winner has a 55 to 60% chance

as I have Manure coming in at 65 points max unless they too beat spuds

draw there would be MASSIVE boost for us

they draw, we beat Spuds, I still like our chances

we simply must take out spuds, Sheffield, and Wolves to have a good shot at it

and stop cocking up against the shite teams

don't cock up

cock back

2 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

You want one of our players to get injured what a fucking prick.

You can keep that language within your family, no need to be like that here.

If Mustafi hadn‘t been injured in the WC, Germany wouldn‘t have become World Champion.

13 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

If Mustafi hadn‘t been injured in the WC, Germany wouldn‘t have become World Champion.

Don't take the fucking high moral ground with me mate you're the one who wanted a Chelsea player to be injured. And I'll swear my head off at anyone who makes such crass statements. And that last pathetic statement has nothing to do with Chelsea and is totally irrelevant.

18 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

its really bad form to wish injuries on anyone

especially as injuries have FUCKED us so hard in deh batty this year, no lube, no chocolates

no flowers