Super Frank Thread

Just now, Iggy Doonican said:

Leave it out mate I know a lot of Spurs fans and he's massively popular. They were a mid table club before he came he got them to almost winning the league and the champions league final. He took over from Tim Sherwood for fucks sake Spurs were two bob till he took over.

Ohh he did elevate them thats for sure, you cant take that away from him. We wont go for him anyway mate, FL will likely be given another go even if we fuck up top 4.

25 minutes ago, azorahai88 said:

Difference is, we relied heavily on Hazard to do everything. Salah is Liverpool's main man, but they don't rely on him solely. Mane and Firmino help out immensely too. 

Salah is not in top5 Liverpool players. 

Poch? 

Come on guys, when he was sacked Frank had 12 points more than him with way inferior side. Sarri last season also finished ahead. 

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Not sure he'd join us to be honest his Tottenham connections would split the fans completely, The hatred of Tottenham is very strong especially amongst the older fans who has to be said are the main core of our home support.

A few months ago I'd have agreed for the same reasons. I just wonder with Mourinho going to Spurs, if sub consciously a lot of Chelsea fans would feel a bit of a "one up" on Spurs by getting Poch, especially as you said when he's still well liked amongst the Spurs fans and also many are yet to be enamoured by Mourinho and his style of football.

Question - would you have him at Chelsea?

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

A few months ago I'd have agreed for the same reasons. I just wonder with Mourinho going to Spurs, if sub consciously a lot of Chelsea fans would feel a bit of a "one up" on Spurs by getting Poch, especially as you said when he's still well liked amongst the Spurs fans and also many are yet to be enamoured by Mourinho and his style of football.

Question - would you have him at Chelsea?

Can I take the fifth on that ? :). His past Spurs connection would bother me and if it started badly he'd get dreadful stick.

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

Ohh he did elevate them thats for sure, you cant take that away from him. We wont go for him anyway mate, FL will likely be given another go even if we fuck up top 4.

I am not so sure.

Some will argue a more experienced manager will have not blown that points gap we had earlier in the season and built on it rather than thrown it away through stubborn tactical and selections snd poor squad management. There were other factors too obviously, poor conversion rate, defending from set plays etc. too but the defending in games and from those scenarios is probably more down to coaching and the set up (zonal marking).

Doubt many would flinch to get Pochettino in over FL. Even if his only criticism as a manager for me is a lack of silverwear and constantly dismissing the domestic cups in his early seasons at Spurs, he has visibly improved 75% of the players he has worked with at Southampton and Spurs, I mean they gave England debuts out left right and centre to like  probably at least 10 + players he had worked with within like 3 seasons since he arrived in the PL, says it all.

Back onto Frank. He is underachieving regardless of if we lost Hazard or not, I dont get this whole we were a one man band with Eden every season idea still either, there were definitely times others questioned his performances in bigger matches and there was a slight divide (when the whole he needs a new LB on his level,  he needs an attacking manager, he needs this or needs that shit would be brought up but top players are top players regardless of whats around them in most circumstances). The stats may show he has done it big games, which he has undoubtedly but we werent a.one man team. Maybe other attackers didnt have the same goal and assists but if they evened out and the likes of Willian and Pedro contributed 20 goals between them a season, this wouldnt be a viable excuse. Which is why Tammy scoring regularly has been.a bonus and Ziyech will.also add to that general collective of goals from elsewhere too. We also had defenders who contributed say 5 goals a season ie Brana, Terry, Cahill, Alonso etc too chipping in to boost our goals.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

I am not so sure.

Some will argue a more experienced manager will have not blown that points gap we had earlier in the season and built on it rather than thrown it away through stubborn tactical and selections snd poor squad management. There were other factors too obviously, poor conversion rate, defending from set plays etc. too but the defending in games and from those scenarios is probably more down to coaching and the set up (zonal marking).

Doubt many would flinch to get Pochettino in over FL. Even if his only criticism as a manager for me is a lack of silverwear and constantly dismissing the domestic cups in his early seasons at Spurs, he has visibly improved 75% of the players he has worked with at Southampton and Spurs, I mean they gave England debuts out left right and centre to like 10 players he had worked with within 18 months of him arriving in the PL, says it all.

Sorry mate but you just never know with our board. I for one will be shocked if he aint our manager for next season. Yes Poch is quality you have to admit that, plays good footy with good management skills and seem a good motivator. I wouldnt say no to him. If you back him he will do you good ( sadly a thing we refuse to do ). 

It's not by Matt Law but...

Frank Lampard will come under serious scrutiny should Chelsea fail to secure a Champions League spot this season 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/02/18/frank-lampard-will-come-serious-scrutiny-should-chelsea-fail/

Frank Lampard will come under greater scrutiny at Chelsea should the club fail to secure a Champions League place this season.

There has been surprise expressed within the club, for example, at the decision not to recall goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga for Monday’s 2-0 Premier League defeat at home to Manchester United.

Questions have been raised about Lampard’s management of his squad – perhaps for the first time since he succeeded Maurizio Sarri last summer – with a feeling that, while the head coach may not want Arrizabalaga in the long-term, he should surely persevere with the world’s most expensive goalkeeper for now.

Chelsea paid £71.6million for the 25-year-old Spain international and if he does not play it will be more difficult to sell him, should it come to that.

Lampard also said prior to the United game that Arrizabalaga had responded well to being dropped against Leicester City, before the winter break, but continued with 38-year-old free transfer Willy Caballero.

While Caballero was not at fault for either of United’s goals, in a game where Chelsea were also very unfortunate with the VAR decisions which went against them, it is now four goals conceded in two games – neither of which Lampard has won.

The result means that Chelsea have conceded 36 goals in 26 league games – only the 10th best record in the league – with just five clean sheets as they have seen their 12-point advantage over the chasing pack reduced to just one.

That slender lead is over Tottenham Hotspur, with Jose Mourinho bringing his team to face his former club on Saturday at Stamford Bridge. Indeed, there are now just seven points separating eight teams from fourth-placed Chelsea to Burnley in 11th.

It was always felt that a trio of home games – starting with United, then Tottenham and followed by Bayern Munich in the Champions League next Tuesday – could define Chelsea’s first season under Lampard. Monday’s defeat has been damaging partly because his side fell to the familiar failings of giving away easy goals and squandering chances.

Afterwards Lampard was again asked about the frustration he felt at the failure to sign a forward in the January transfer window, having made no secret that he was pushing hard for one to be brought in.

Lampard and Chelsea were prepared to let Olivier Giroud leave and Spurs attempted right up until the deadline to sign the French international but it was always dependent on a replacement being secured first, which did not happen.

But then Lampard’s handling of Giroud has also caused some debate at Chelsea. The 33-year-old had not made a league appearance since the home defeat against West Ham on November 30, before coming on as a substitute against United when he made a difference to the attack and was unfortunate to have a goal ruled out for offside.

Giroud has made only eight appearances for Chelsea all season, in fact. While he has struggled for his club, it has also been noted that he has four goals in five games for France and is still expected to be part of the World Cup winners squad for this summer’s European Championships.

In the absence of the injured Tammy Abraham, Lampard has complained about the lack of goals from his forward players – with the 22-year-old carrying the burden in his first Premier League season – but how much faith, also, has he shown in some of those players? Giroud was not in the squad against Leicester, while Michy Batshuayi remained on the bench at the King Power Stadium even after Abraham came off injured.

Batyshuayi started against United, had a poor game and looked like his confidence was shot before he was substituted for Giroud, who will surely start against Spurs if Abraham does not recover. After being rightly lauded for the impressive first half of the season and not least for his bold blooding of so many young players such as Abraham, Mason Mount, Fikayo Tomori and Reece James, it has become far more of a test for Lampard in recent weeks with his management being questioned for the first time.

While Lampard has understandably argued that few expected Chelsea to be in the top four this season, the fact is, while they still are, they are in severe danger of letting that slip. That will not go down well with the hierarchy.

Injuries have also hit hard with Christian Pulisic and Callum Hudson-Odoi sidelined and now also, it seems, N’Golo Kante. But Chelsea do have depth to their squad, even if they have gained just 15 points from their last 14 matches.

It all points to be a big summer ahead for Chelsea, which has started with the impressive signing of Hakim Ziyech from Ajax. Lampard is obviously still expected to be given time, but he could do with stabilising the team and consolidating fourth place to stop more questions being asked about him.

1 hour ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Watching how Simeone is on fire motivating the players, they are ready to kill.

Meanwhile, Lampard falls asleep every match.

If a Simeone team was  playing in my back garden i'd draw the curtains.  Grinding out 1 goal leads in the Premiership will not win the title! 

59 minutes ago, ZaynChelsea said:

Watching how Simeone is on fire motivating the players, they are ready to kill.

Meanwhile, Lampard falls asleep every match.

IF we did go for Simeone

then that radically changes our transfer needs

as it is back to defensive counter attacking

Diego will never accept not being backed for his type of players

I will immediately back off the Kante sale demands

and we then need to buy two strikers, both who can play with two up front

Lautaro would be ideal for one

and we would so need to up our back 4

he will never settle for AC and Zouma and would (a good thing) shit on Alonso and Emerson

so would need to go for Gimenez or Skriniar or  some other WC CB (and keeping Kante means zero chance at grabbing Raphaël Varane in some sort of swapperoo)  plus maybe Rice as a CB/DMF swing player

I do not see it all happening

3 minutes ago, chippy said:

If a Simeone team was  playing in my back garden i'd draw the curtains.  Grinding out 1 goal leads in the Premiership will not win the title! 

tell that to Liverpool tonight, lololol

the scouser scum fucksticks had ZERO shots on target

a team finally manned up and beat on the uber fraud Henderson and he was pure dogshit

I have to so laugh when (insert some marginal ex English EPL or first division player presenter who is a typical rah rah jingoistic bellend) says he is close to best CMF in the world

close to the biggest twat, yes

I love Simeone and I think he is a little bit underrated in World Football. But I still would not want him here. He plays way to defensive and draws too many games. But he is the only Manager capable of defending a 1:0 against any team in the World. I prefer a little bit more offensive football.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Heheheheh, Newcastle and Watford are in better form than us since the international break. [emoji38]
Once we are out of the top 4, Lampard will see extreme pressure. 4 points above relegation zone since the turn of the break. ANY other coach, Chelsea fans and board by now would have chopped his head.

Of course the board and chelsea fans would want to sack a coach that underachieves with players like Eden Hazard. I would be furious too. With Eden in your team, Top 4 is a must. Any Coach should know that. Conte got sacked because he underachieved with players like Cesc and Hazard in his second season. It is not about Lampard, it is about having realistic expectations.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

I look at the January transfer window, again and again. Some people actually thought it was a brilliant idea not signing anybody. It's like they WANT Chelsea to not get top 4.

Because Cavani was the only real target we could've brought in, and he's saving himself for Atletico. 

It genuinely sounds like you would risk the club bringing in more Zappacostas, Drinkwaters, Barkley's, etc in January just to secure Top 4, not even considering the detrimental risk in the long run. 

1 hour ago, Mana said:

Correction: Cavani is the only big name target we could've brought in.

Lampard had a list of players that he wanted. He gotten zilch this window.

Top 4 is very important for Chelsea FC. We lose a ton of money we need for the summer by not being in it. There is no "long run" if we are failing to repair the present.

Lampard being in the last 16 of the CL gave us more money than Sarri winning the EL.

So bringing in a short term player, that boosts our chances to get top 4 is well all and fine by me then not getting anybody in and watch this team fail.

Cavani? Again, he didn't want to come here. I for one am getting sick of hearing Lampard complain of the lack of striker options. Giroud should've played all of Batshuayi's minutes and even some of Tammy's this season. 

Ajax didn't want to get rid of Ziyech in the middle of the season and the club aren't going to spend 80 million for a bang average defender in Chilwell. 

What other players made Lampard's list  that would improve us? In January? The club doesn't want to make the same mistakes it did in 2017 with filling this team with players who at best could be described as Bang Average. 

It is not all doom and gloom as you make it if we miss out on CL. You make it sound as if its 'game over'. Arsenal managed to secure Pepe, Tierney, and Aubameyang without being in the CL. They are now rumored to be front runners to get Upamecano. Are you telling me they are more attractive than us? This is a side that hasn't won the bloody league in almost 20 years and haven't qualified for the CL in 5.