Super Frank Thread

That's the problem. 4 wins in last 14 and cracks are obvious. It's not so much the dropped points that's bothering it's the way we keep doing it time and time again.

We've won 12 games..if we lose on Saturday it will be 10 losses..  we shouldnt be 4th but somehow for now anyway we are!

59 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

The talk is quite real, in fact after last night he is under some serious pressure. This isn't something that can be as simple as putting the head under the pillow, it's happening. I want FL to succeed here but this is football management and if things do not pick up quickly it will not be ignored, I promise you.

I think there have been to many deciding factors going against him for the board to swing the axe... whatever the outcome of our season. If there was ever a time the board could be lenient towards a manager not meeting the clubs demands... it will be this season. Especially after not backing him in January. It was like the board were saying, let's not waste money now, ride out the season and go hard in the summer with this current project and see where we go next year under Frank.

4 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Whilst I wouldn't try arguing that this wouldn't happen, because previous history by the board suggests there is a good chance of that, I think it would be a huge mistake if we took that step.

We've spent the last 2 seasons buying players and trying to change a philosophy and style of play from a more defensive, pragmatic brand to a more open and offensive style.

If we move back to a more pragmatic manager, he'll be left with a team split in half of young players more suited to an offensive brand and the other half of older heads clearly in decline who suit a defensive brand. We'll be back to square one again and another couple of years away from getting near the top teams. A big summer window that allows us to bring another four or five players suited to this style of football and ship more of the deadwood out will be huge.

If Lampard was to go, then the next manager has to be of a similar ilk to Lampard and Sarri with regards to philosophy and identity, and also be prepared to continue coaching and developing younger players as around a third of our first team squad now is players aged 22/23 and younger.

I don't rate him as highly as some do on these forums but as an example if Lampard was sacked, and it was a choice of somebody like Poch or somebody like Allegri or Simeone then I'd go with Poch 100% because he'd be the most suited to try and follow through with what the club has already started over the last couple of seasons.

Poch would do wonders with us I reckon.....and he looks like itching to come back to the epl. The uproar from spurs alone is worth the admission lmao.

I hope we somehow get top4 eventhough in my heart I know we most likely wont, we are in free fall and have been for so long now. What an ugly scene if we see JM's smug face having landed spurs in top 4 :middlefinger:

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

I think there have been to many deciding factors going against him for the board to swing the axe... whatever the outcome of our season. If there was ever a time the board could be lenient towards a manager not meeting the clubs demands... it will be this season. Especially after not backing him in January. It was like the board were saying, let's not waste money now, ride out the season and go hard in the summer with this current project and see where we go next year under Frank.

That would be fucking stupid of them as im sure they can see how terrible we are getting them points. Willingly risking top4 like that screams lunacy imo.

Can't believe what i am reading tbh. Lost our best attacking player in the summer, was banned from replacing him. The team was weakened going into the season. We just about made 4th place last season, but wasn't that convincing. The season before that we finished 5th. Without Hazard's goals & assists last season, we likely would have finished between 8th-10th. This season we are overachieving tbh. It was obvious to everybody that the team needed fresh blood, but the board sat on their hands season after season. In my opinion, Lampard is doing pretty good with what he's got at his disposal. We also have injuries to key players, including a long term injury to arguably our second best player, Loftus-Cheek. People need to relax and stop being hyperbolic and reactionary. 

Can't believe what i am reading tbh. Lost our best attacking player in the summer, was banned from replacing him. The team was weakened going into the season. We just about made 4th place last season, but wasn't that convincing. The season before that we finished 5th. Without Hazard's goals & assists last season, we likely would have finished between 8th-10th. This season we are overachieving tbh. It was obvious to everybody that the team needed fresh blood, but the board sat on their hands season after season. In my opinion, Lampard is doing pretty good with what he's got at his disposal. We also have injuries to key players, including a long term injury to arguably our second best player, Loftus-Cheek. People need to relax and stop being hyperbolic and reactionary. 
You are right, but most Chelsea fans are delusional. A realistic fan would think that. I agree with you

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Mediocre season in terms of overall quality, home defeats to Southampton and Bornemouth, losing to Newcastle in the last minute after dominating the game, failing to beat 10 men Arsenal at home.  It doesnt matter if you didnt expect a top 4, it was on the sight and he had to win those games.

Poor squad management and lack of clear direction. The only positive thing about Lampard right now is having the balls to bringing young players. 

No it was expected that this would happen. 

I don't understand why people are surprise? We already knew that we was messed up after Hazard left and no transfer window. 

So for me expected. 

28 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Simeone then I'd go with Poch 100% because he'd be the most suited to try and follow through with what the club has already started over the last couple of seasons.

Not sure he'd join us to be honest his Tottenham connections would split the fans completely, The hatred of Tottenham is very strong especially amongst the older fans who has to be said are the main core of our home support.

6 minutes ago, azorahai88 said:

Its no reactionary when you have been in free fall for ages. Its not an overreaction to ask what the fuck we do in training. We lack very much a squad I agree but can we do better? Sure we can. We are better than 1point in every game. Progress must be shown, havent see none of that since oktober. Our rivals have been even worse, none have been able to make a run. Im all for Lamps to stay if we get top4 but even then he really must do better with our issues, we have no structor sadly.

11 minutes ago, azorahai88 said:

Without Hazard's goals & assists last season, we likely would have finished between 8th-10th. This season we are overachieving tbh

That's like saying without Salah's goals Liverpool wouldn't be the team they are. Sheffield United, Leicester and Wolves are overachieving we are not.

1 minute ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Not sure he'd join us to be honest his Tottenham connections would split the fans completely, The hatred of Tottenham is very strong especially amongst the older fans who has to be said are the main core of our home support.

Why should he give a damn? they fired him. Just like we fired JM and months later he was in manu.

Just now, Atomiswave said:

Why should he give a damn? they fired him. Just like we fired JM and months later he was in manu.

Mourinho is a mercenary he'd go anywhere. He's still well liked Poch at Spurs some managers like to maintain their legacy Mourinho doesn't care less.

4 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

That's like saying without Salah's goals Liverpool wouldn't be the team they are. Sheffield United, Leicester and Wolves are overachieving we are not.

Difference is, we relied heavily on Hazard to do everything. Salah is Liverpool's main man, but they don't rely on him solely. Mane and Firmino help out immensely too. 

Just now, Iggy Doonican said:

Mourinho is a mercenary he'd go anywhere. He's still well liked Poch at Spurs some managers like to maintain their legacy Mourinho doesn't care less.

On that I agree, he sells himself JM. I just dont think Poch would overly be concerned about it. And Poch has no more legacy in spurs than what he had with Southhampton. He won nothing with them. Sure they wouldnt be fond of it im sure but in the end Poch decides.

7 minutes ago, azorahai88 said:

Difference is, we relied heavily on Hazard to do everything. Salah is Liverpool's main man, but they don't rely on him solely. Mane and Firmino help out immensely too. 

So what he was our best player we all know that .

7 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

On that I agree, he sells himself JM. I just dont think Poch would overly be concerned about it. And Poch has no more legacy in spurs than what he had with Southhampton. He won nothing with them. Sure they wouldnt be fond of it im sure but in the end Poch decides.

Leave it out mate I know a lot of Spurs fans and he's massively popular. They were a mid table club before he came he got them to almost winning the league and the champions league final. He took over from Tim Sherwood for fucks sake Spurs were two bob till he took over.