Super Frank Thread

That song should be sung forever now. Especially every game against those lot. What a team for him to do that against, now that's what you call fate. 203rd goal must be a Europa League or FA Cup final winner in Injury time from the peno spot.

That song should be sung forever now. Especially every game against those lot. What a team for him to do that against, now that's what you call fate. 203rd goal must be a Europa League or FA Cup final winner in Injury time from the peno spot.

Just like with Drogba?

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason, I think he will end up with 202. :(

11 games left, I'm not sure he'll make it either. For some reason I get a feeling he'll just equal the record.

Yer I'll be disappointed if he doesn't beat it but devastated if for some reason he doesn't equal it.

I should probably post this in the unpopular opinions thread but it pertains to this so I'll leave it here.

I couldn't give a fuck about this record.

It won't change my opinion on how good Lamps has been for this club, it has very little to do with how good a goalscorer either player is (Lamps is a remarkable goal hound for a midfielder, but he had about 200 more appearances than Tambling and in terms of goalscorers you have to include Greaves in any discussion) and there are far more important things this season.

He's a legend no matter what and the idea that one goal more makes a difference either way is really rather silly in a sport where silly statistics have such meaning.

I should probably post this in the unpopular opinions thread but it pertains to this so I'll leave it here.

It won't change my opinion on how good Lamps has been for this club, it has very little to do with how good a goalscorer either player is (Lamps is a remarkable goal hound for a midfielder, but he had about 200 more appearances than Tambling and in terms of goalscorers you have to include Greaves in any discussion) and there are far more important things this season.

He's a legend no matter what and the idea that one goal more makes a difference either way is really rather silly in a sport where silly statistics have such meaning.

It almost certainly means an enormous amount to him.

Absolutely agreed. Lampard is already a Chelsea legend without question. Whether he gets the record is trivial, in my opinion. He has reached the 200 mark, yet there are players who will eventually surpass him in the future; that wouldn't mean he would no longer be one of our greatest players. Of course it would be nice, but he's reached a double-century and that in itself is the major achievement here. One more appearance means 600 games as well - absolute legend.

Absolutely agreed. Lampard is already a Chelsea legend without question. Whether he gets the record is trivial, in my opinion. He has reached the 200 mark, yet there are players who will eventually surpass him in the future; that wouldn't mean he would no longer be one of our greatest players. Of course it would be nice, but he's reached a double-century and that in itself is the major achievement here. One more appearance means 600 games as well - absolute legend.

Five consecutive seasons of 20+ goals with double digit assists is one of the most phenomenal records of recent years, even moreso considering he's a midfielder.

Plus his legend was cemented when he put that penalty away at home to Liverpool following his mother's passing. One of the most amazing things I've seen at the Bridge.

Goals and opportunities have dried up for him recently.

Only thing we can hope for is another goalscoring burst, but I can't see where it's going to come from I'm afraid... <_<

The penalty spot :D