Super Frank Thread

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

So many questions...

Why is Kepa a shadow of a player he was last season? 

Why constant rotation in the back 4? 

Why were we much better defensively last season? We conceded 39 goals last season (10 in two games), already 34 in this one. Don't tell me it's because of Luiz 😂

Why he dropped Tomori, Alonso and Kovacic from starting 11 after all of them played big part in our winning run earlier in the season? 

Why he dropped completely Giroud and Pedro after Super Cup where they were among our best players? Why Michy over Giroud? 

Why he wants Willian to stay? 

What's going on with Kante? 

Pulisic was known as RW and CHO as LW. We he switched them? 

Why he refuse to try Pulisic on AM since his stats show he is best there?

Why is Mount undroppable after playing bad for 4 months now? He only didn't start some big and important games because of tactics not performance related. Even Kepa and Willian got dropped last game because of bad form. Frank wanted badly to buy new striker which shows he wants competition for Tammy as well. Only Mount seems safe no matter how bad he plays. With playing Barkley deeper and suggesting earlier same for RLC is he ever going to have competition? 

Azpi again on LB? 

There's a lot more tactics/formation/substitutions related bad decisions like in Valencia away, Arsenal away, Southampton at home games... 

This is just some things I'm not happy with I wanted to point out. 

He of course has my full support and I don't even want to talk about sacking for at least season and a half more. 

These are all the questions being asked by those of us who aren't blinded by the fairy tale love story. Spot on. 👏

3 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

So many questions...

So many questions.., but it is not difficult to answer 

Why is Kepa a shadow of a player he was last season? 

I don't think anything really change with Kepa

Injury. Now everyone is back, lamp simply played his preferred players. 

Why were we much better defensively last season? We conceded 39 goals last season (10 in two games), already 34 in this one. Don't tell me it's because of Luiz 😂

Sarri slow possesion football

Why he dropped Tomori, Alonso and Kovacic from starting 11 after all of them played big part in our winning run earlier in the season? 

With kova it is simple, 433 / 4231. 42321 means mount will play as kova is not an am. 

Why he dropped completely Giroud and Pedro after Super Cup where they were among our best players? Why Michy over Giroud? 

This one I have no clue. 

Why he wants Willian to stay? 

Willian is our best winger. 

What's going on with Kante?

Nothing wrong. 

Puli is better as forwaed and CHO is better as Winger

Why he refuse to try Pulisic on AM since his stats show he is best there?

From start I don't think so but in certain situation I am no sure. 

Azpi again on LB? 

Played very well offensively against Leicester. 

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Is that really an issue? I was surprised that Pulisic could be effective on the LW and he has been more effective in that position for us than the RW, albeit he played at RW very early on before he settled in. Anyway, I don't see this as an issue and it'll give us the flexibility that we can switch the two's position easily moving forward.

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

The back 4 selection appears to be more settled of late, albeit with a RB being used at LB. Biggest problem, IMO, is the center backs. We have 4 of them and Lampard seems to like each of them one way or another and can't decide who to stick with. Won't take long before we suddenly see Zouma/Tomori again and we'll continue to wonder why we struggle so much defensively. 

35 minutes ago, Vesper said:

He is rapidly ageing

Aint we all Vesp he does it no quicker than anybody else:D

In spite of your dislike for him Barca must see something about him, 'cos allegedly they're still interested in him.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Just putting this out here...

Derby County
57 games
14 clean sheets
70 goals conceded

Chelsea
36 games
7 clean sheets
49 goals conceded

Total
93 games
21 clean sheets
119 goals conceded

It's a clear area needed for improvement no doubt about it.

I wouldn't read too much into the Derby stats. There are only two teams this season in the Championship who have conceded less than the games they've played and it is such a ridiculously close and competitive league more often than not.

I also wouldn't compare him to Sarri last season. This idea that Sarri got us playing attacking football is a bit of a myth. After Spurs ripped us apart we played football looking to control and dominate possession rather than an attack minded approach which allowed us to keep things relatively tight most of the time, and more often than not relying on Hazard to open up a team or create a chance.

Without Hazard this season Lampard has opened us up far more. Probably a little too much at the start of the season as his lack of experience showed quite a naive approach but I think the all round defensive side of our game has improved compared to the first couple of months of the season. Still very much a work in progress but how open we were in some games early on was alarming and caused some massive problems. We do seem to be much more compact now between the lines but there is still a lot of improvement to be done. Silly mistakes and errors are still prevalent too, and need to be eradicated. Especially when a number of times the mistakes are being made by more experienced players in the squad so the excuse of younger players cannot really be used. 

With us, the clean sheets is definitely something that needs to be improved. In games this season where we are struggling to break teams down, we have to be making sure that we stay tight at the back. Obviously the lack of killer instinct in attack doesn't help with this as just encourages teams to go after us as a game wears on, but some games we've literally conceded just a couple of chances and conceded from it. They might still be on the face of things poor results, but losing to Newcastle, Bournemouth and West Ham all fairly late on by 1 goal - that's an extra 3 points which could be big come the end of the season in deciding our top 4 aspirations.

He needs the opportunity also to bring in players though if he sees fit to improve the situation. Liverpool's first full season under Klopp he conceded 50 goals in the league and was averaging I think around 1.2 goals conceded in his first 2 and half seasons at the club. The additions of Alisson and Van Dijk to their defence cannot be understated in helping to change their fortunes around. 

Just now, bigbluewillie said:

Aint we all Vesp he does it no quicker than anybody else:D

In spite of your dislike for him Barca must see something about him, 'cos allegedly they're still interested in him.

Wilian is simply not good enough at this point, and he is not going to get better as a 32, 33, and 34yo.

Even Messi, at 32yo, is having a poor season (for him)

As for Barca

they didn't want him enough this January to pay jack shite for him

Barcelona laugh off Willian, Richarlison rumors

Laughing at, not laughing with

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2020/1/30/21114537/barcelona-laugh-off-willian-richarlison-rumors-report

On 3.2.2020 at 5:43 PM, Superblue_1986 said:

It's a clear area needed for improvement no doubt about it.

I wouldn't read too much into the Derby stats. There are only two teams this season in the Championship who have conceded less than the games they've played and it is such a ridiculously close and competitive league more often than not.

I also wouldn't compare him to Sarri last season. This idea that Sarri got us playing attacking football is a bit of a myth. After Spurs ripped us apart we played football looking to control and dominate possession rather than an attack minded approach which allowed us to keep things relatively tight most of the time, and more often than not relying on Hazard to open up a team or create a chance.

Without Hazard this season Lampard has opened us up far more. Probably a little too much at the start of the season as his lack of experience showed quite a naive approach but I think the all round defensive side of our game has improved compared to the first couple of months of the season. Still very much a work in progress but how open we were in some games early on was alarming and caused some massive problems. We do seem to be much more compact now between the lines but there is still a lot of improvement to be done. Silly mistakes and errors are still prevalent too, and need to be eradicated. Especially when a number of times the mistakes are being made by more experienced players in the squad so the excuse of younger players cannot really be used. 

With us, the clean sheets is definitely something that needs to be improved. In games this season where we are struggling to break teams down, we have to be making sure that we stay tight at the back. Obviously the lack of killer instinct in attack doesn't help with this as just encourages teams to go after us as a game wears on, but some games we've literally conceded just a couple of chances and conceded from it. They might still be on the face of things poor results, but losing to Newcastle, Bournemouth and West Ham all fairly late on by 1 goal - that's an extra 3 points which could be big come the end of the season in deciding our top 4 aspirations.

He needs the opportunity also to bring in players though if he sees fit to improve the situation. Liverpool's first full season under Klopp he conceded 50 goals in the league and was averaging I think around 1.2 goals conceded in his first 2 and half seasons at the club. The additions of Alisson and Van Dijk to their defence cannot be understated in helping to change their fortunes around. 

Agree. If you put hazard in our current team you can add 10-15 points and we would have secured 3rd place already. Overall our play has stagnated IMO but relies less on individual play from hazard or Rlc. We create plenty of chances regardless of opposition we just fail to convert them. But we have definitely improved as a team collectively. 
we need one more proper central defender and better left back and a deadly striker and we would be back among the top teams. It’s just our deficiencies that cost us more than they should due to lack of individual quality to paper over cracks.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Just putting this out here...

Derby County
57 games
14 clean sheets
70 goals conceded

Chelsea
36 games
7 clean sheets
49 goals conceded

Total
93 games
21 clean sheets
119 goals conceded

People can spin it anyway they want but that makes awful and worrying reading.

Baba out for the year, Bakayoko out injured now as well, Zappacosta still out with horrid knee injury, might be for the rest of the year, Charly Musonda the same atm

Ampadu back to RB where he will play fuckall

loan army tatters

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/players/chelsea-loanees-bakayoko-rahman-moses-17682766

Disaster for Baba: Chelsea left back needs surgery again, on both knees after failed comeback

Baba Rahman has been spending the season on loan wtih Real Mallorca, but has been injured for most of it

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2020/1/31/21116419/disaster-for-baba-chelsea-left-back-needs-surgery-again-on-both-knees-after-failed-comeback