Super Frank Thread

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

The slip by Kante was unfortunate but Lampard is doing his best not to do anything abnormal to upset Kante and the masses, isn't he? Praises Kante when he plays poorly and was cautious with his answer when asked about Kante and midfield options after the Burnley game - 'Gotta be careful with Kante because we know what he brings...' (paraphrasing). 

It's probably my biggest pet hate in football picking on reputation and getting a bigger role than their performances in the present time deserve, I could understand playing Kante even off form if we still had our 17/18 options but we have perfectly good alternatives that have produced both results and good football without him. Another general example is Harry Kane, him while half fit replacing Lucas Moura in the CL final lineup was scandalous and I can already see him being rushed back for the Euro's and anonymously cruising through the tournament half fit :doh:

40 minutes ago, Jason said:

The slip by Kante was unfortunate but Lampard is doing his best not to do anything abnormal to upset Kante and the masses, isn't he? Praises Kante when he plays poorly and was cautious with his answer when asked about Kante and midfield options after the Burnley game - 'Gotta be careful with Kante because we know what he brings...' (paraphrasing). 

He is a manager who protects his players. He is fully entitled To have a word with Kante in private but by no means he should scold him publicly. Nothing to do with reputation.

Lamps has obvious tactical, motivational flaws and is not even close to being as good a manager as he was a player but one should not blame him for his professional conduct and respectful man management.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Is it panic or is not enough work being done in training in trying to break defensive teams now? Because the default approach these days just seems to be putting crosses in and hoping something sticks. The fact that James, who is only 20 years old, is talked as the main weapon, the main creator because of his crosses says a lot. I know our squad aren't perfect in terms of quality but where is the combination play, where is the movement of players dragging people around to create space and chances for others, where is the quick passing and movement? If our main play is basically dumping crosses into the box, then we are seriously fucked going forward. In regards to players looking jaded, you gotta wonder if the players are being overworked by Lampard in training because there have been a tad too many muscle injuries or just injuries in general suffered in training this season. 

THat one of the issues.....yes we have pace etc but the play itself looks lost and without ideas. We have seen no progress since the start and the same mistakes and issues still there for all to see.

Is it panic or is not enough work being done in training in trying to break defensive teams now?

Willian has been playing for us maybe 8 years now and was trained by some elite Coaches like Conte and nobody could really improve Willian.Willian is still the Willian we bought some years ago.
Some players are uncoachable.

People should just realise that we were Hazard FC in recent years. Without Hazard, we are no Top Club Quality wise. If we had still Hazard, Hazard would have killed Arsenal with 10 men. Hazard used to decide Matches. Now, Willian is now our new Hazard..m

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

The first 30 mins showed what the team is capable of if they decide to play with pace and intensity. Thereafter, it was back to business as usual. Any top manager would be up on his feet with fury, the minute out players dropped the pace and started playing amongst themselves. Lampard seemed to have it all under remote control.

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

Willian has been playing for us maybe 8 years now and was trained by some elite Coaches like Conte and nobody could really improve Willian.Willian is still the Willian we bought some years ago.
Some players are uncoachable.

People should just realise that we were Hazard FC in recent years. Without Hazard, we are no Top Club Quality wise. If we had still Hazard, Hazard would have killed Arsenal with 10 men. Hazard used to decide Matches. Now, Willian is now our new Hazard..m

What does this have to do with Willian/Hazard specifically? We don't have the best quality in the squad, I get that but have you seen any kind of attacking approach of late from us apart from just putting crosses into the box? 

What does this have to do with Willian/Hazard specifically? We don't have the best quality in the squad, I get that but have you seen any kind of attacking approach of late from us apart from just putting crosses into the box? 

You questioned Lamps training methods and why we do not do anything productive in the final third and I gave you the example why it does not work.
Willian for instance is one of the guys that is probably one of the most unproductive players in the final third that I have seen at Chelsea. If we still had Hazard or Pulisic, we would be not that predictable. You can't make players like Willian better. So many elite coaches failed, so why should Lamps be the one making players like Willian into very direct and unpredictable players.

Just now, killer1257 said:

You questioned Lamps training methods and why we do not do anything productive in the final third and I gave you the example why it does not work.
Willian for instance is one of the guys that is probably one of the most unproductive players in the final third that I have seen at Chelsea. If we still had Hazard or Pulisic, we would be not that predictable. You can't make players like Willian better. So many elite coaches failed, so why should Lamps be the one making players like Willian into very direct and unpredictable players.

You're missing the point, this is not about Willian or any specific player. It's about the football style, the attacking approach! We have gone from the good passing football earlier this season to all about dumping crosses into the box. 

You're missing the point, this is not about Willian or any specific player. It's about the football style, the attacking approach! We have gone from the good passing football earlier this season to all about dumping crosses into the box. 
You can only play a specific football style with specific players that suit the system. You can't expect tiki taka with players like Zouma Willian Rüdiger Kante or CHO.
Replace CHO with Pulisic and a good midfielder with Kante and we would be way better

22 hours ago, Mana said:

If Leicester turns shite now and opens up that 3rd place, then yeah it’s the same. But at the moment, only 4th place is up for grabs and United are 6 points behind with a game in hand. And we have United coming up soon.

If we get out of the next 3 fixtures (+ Bournemouth) without losing that top 4 spot, then maybe I’d agree with you.

United dropping points today. 

As it told you, shades of Benitez season where we will finish top 4 because the others around us are so bad. 

16 minutes ago, Fernando said:

As it told you, shades of Benitez season where we will finish top 4 because the others around us are so bad. 

Benitez season? Yes, we managed to finish in the Top 4 back then, just, but we were actually in the Top 4 that entire season. 

The Sarri season would be a more appropriate comparison. Hell, even last season wasn't as bad as this. 

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

I still stand what I said, if we go through the next 3 games (and Bournemouth away) and still have that top 4 spot, then I’ll humbly back down to agree the footballing gods have given us this top 4.

The football gods sure have a sense of humor because while we have our tough games, the others also have tricky/awkward/tough games as well:

Matchweek 25
Leicester v Chelsea
Man United v Wolves
Tottenham v Man City
Burnley v Arsenal
Crystal Palace v Sheffield United

Matchweek 26
Sheffield United v Bournemouth
Wolves v Leicester
Aston Villa v Spurs
Arsenal v Newcastle
Chelsea v Man United

Matchweek 27
Chelsea v Tottenham
Sheffield United v Brighton
Man United v Watford
Wolves v Norwich
Arsenal v Everton

Matchweek 28
Aston Villa v Sheffield United
Bournemouth v Chelsea
Tottenham v Wolves
Everton v Man United
Man City v Arsenal

Also look at this way, once we are done with that run, the only 2 tough fixtures left - at least on paper - are Liverpool (a) and Man City (h). Some of the others still gotta play Liverpool and Man City as well as one another. 

5 hours ago, Fernando said:

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Benitez season? Yes, we managed to finish in the Top 4 back then, just, but we were actually in the Top 4 that entire season. 

The Sarri season would be a more appropriate comparison. Hell, even last season wasn't as bad as this. 

In Benitez season we finished 3rd with 75 points. Last season 3rd with 72. This season less than 65 for sure.

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think it's unfair to call this a bad season we had no summer signing plus we are playing youth. Think some people here need to chill out abit while this club goes through a turn around stage, Frank obviously had an ambition and an idea for this club, and if that stio mediocre signings and a new manager every season am all for it.thia club needs to re build fro the ground up and at least let's give Frank  chance rather theb lose are shit at his first attempt with a broken team.

Just now, BluesMadLad said:

I think it's unfair to call this a bad season we had no summer signing plus we are playing youth. Think some people here need to chill out abit while this club goes through a turn around stage, Frank obviously had an ambition and an idea for this club, and if that stio mediocre signings and a new manager every season am all for it.thia club needs to re build fro the ground up and at least let's give Frank  chance rather theb lose are shit at his first attempt with a broken team.

That's another debate but I'm talking about the PL in general this season. We have won only 4 of our last 12 league games and somehow we're still in the Top 4. 

51 minutes ago, Jason said:

That's another debate but I'm talking about the PL in general this season. We have won only 4 of our last 12 league games and somehow we're still in the Top 4. 

Not just still in the top 4 but the chasing pack have only gained 3 points on us. We've gone from 9 points clear of 5th down to 6.

As ridiculous as it sounds, a run of 3 or 4 wins in a row could quite well nearly get us over the line.