Lineup for 2019/20 with the ban?

1 hour ago, communicate said:

Puli - striker - willian 

Kova - kante

Jorginho/

Alonso/Emerson - Rudi - Christensen - azpi

Kepa

I think that is pretty much our starting 11 for next season. I don't see any changes from last season. I think the key is Kovacic. He has a chance to be a star for us. 

That is an incredibly redundant midfield, and since when did Willian get the nod over Pedro? 

7 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

That is an incredibly redundant midfield, and since when did Willian get the nod over Pedro? 

I don't understand what is the redundancy. 

A ball winner, a passer and a creator (what kova need to do for us) 

Last year with Hazard we have a wc creator. So our midfield does not need to create much but I don't know about Puli. So we need more, that is why Willian will probably play morebut I need to watch Puli game first. 

1 hour ago, communicate said:

Last year with Hazard we have a wc creator. So our midfield does not need to create much but I don't know about Puli. So we need more, that is why Willian will probably play morebut I need to watch Puli game first. 

You are expecting kovacic to create? We just had a complete season of him creating nothing but shit and you want us to play the exact same 3 in the mid. I would put in mount instead of watching kovacic dribble past a player and then look haplessly about

11 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

You are expecting kovacic to create? We just had a complete season of him creating nothing but shit and you want us to play the exact same 3 in the mid. I would put in mount instead of watching kovacic dribble past a player and then look haplessly about

Yup. Somebody need to do it for us. I have never watched Mason Mount to give opinion on this matter

13 hours ago, communicate said:

That midfield has no creativity or end product bar the occasional Jorginho lobbed pass. 

12 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

That midfield has no creativity or end product bar the occasional Jorginho lobbed pass. 

I don't think we have any option. 

We have Bakayoko, Kante - two runner or box to box

Ruben - injured 

Barkley + kova, one has better physical attribute and the other is superior technically. 

Jorginho - ball mover 

That is all we have. We basically need a player to play between the lines that is going to be kova and Barkley role. 

Gotta laugh at all these "This is how Lampard's Chelsea will lineup in 19/20" articles from several different newspapers which state that Lamps would want to play Barkley, Mount, Drinkayoko or Ampadu in place of Jorginho.

On 03/07/2019 at 2:14 PM, MoroccanBlue said:

The midfield is going to need some quick and decisive decision making.

Bakayoko, Barkley, Drinkwater, Jorginio, Kante, Kovacic, Loftus-Cheek, Mount can't all be accommodated and there are other midfielders we could list in addition to these. Some need to leave one way or another.

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

The midfield is going to need some quick and decisive decision making.

Bakayoko, Barkley, Drinkwater, Jorginio, Kante, Kovacic, Loftus-Cheek, Mount can't all be accommodated and there are other midfielders we could list in addition to these. Some need to leave one way or another.

Obvious riddances would be Drinks and Baka, get them off the wage bill if not for anything else. That leaves us 6 midfielders, which is good as far as depth is concerned. It has top 4 quality too in fairness, also some promising untapped quality.