Gareth Bale

4 hours ago, the wes said:

Gareth Bale has an offer from Chelsea to join the club next summer in a €60m deal, according to El Desmarque.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/claim-real-madrid-forward-chelsea-offer-next-summer-la-liga-club-different-idea-mind/

Noooo he's done :middlefinger:

I wouldnt pay a dime for him. A swap with Willy just maybe. EPL is tough and he is way too injury prone.......plus the wages etc. Let him go to spurs, they will do a nice wankathon everytime he touches the ball and 2 weeks later he is injured.

1 hour ago, Weckerz said:

One of the most underrated  players of the last decade; he'd lift this club to another level instantly (if he stays fit)

Nahh cant see it, our youth along with quality additions will lift us up,not Bale imo.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Bale turns 31 next year and given his injury record, can he survive the physicality of the Premier League? How long does he have left at the top level? Moreover, we all know the club's stance on players over 30 years old (Bale's poor injury record is going to count against him here) and with him earning something like 300k p/w at Madrid, there's no way we will pursue him. It's best for the club to pursue younger players than one who's gonna be over the hill very soon.

If he could handle the physical side of the PL now? I think that is a bit of ridiculous comment to make in all honesty, the guy has probably been stronger physically in terms of his build than he was in his last year or two at Spuds since going to Madrid. Yes he has had his fair share of injuries in the past 2 and a half seasons yes but couldn't handle the physical side of the PL? Cmon. The guys British, played in the PL for however many years.... he could definitely do it again in the PL. No question. Yes hes older but hes definitely gotten better at Madrid as well as developed a huge winning mentality and massive game experience such as CL finals, cup finals etc. If he got over the few wee niggling muscular injuries he seems to get, he would be able to do it with ease as well because theres no way he would come here to be dicked about playing 2 or 3 games in a row at Madrid then being benched/dropped from the squad every 3rd week. He's not coming from u16s football, hes coming from Real Madrid so I don't see why physicality would be an issue at all considering Real played teams like Atletico, Valencia, various other European teams in the CL who can be very physical and get stuck in and have done over the period of his time there. Wages and his age is the only stumbling block for me. Plus would he actually come here? And yes how many years would we get from him, I definitely agree as its hard to tell with many players once they hit that age of 30, 31. I think if he was 28 or 29, we would be interested because there is a guarantee of at least another 2 years on top of say another 2 years of him performing at a higher consistent level before slowing down, although again its not always so easy to judge when somebody is finished or not, especially when you consider the way Bale, like Ronaldo is extremely dedicated to ensuring he keeps in the best physical condition possible (maybe overtraining hasn't helped him and thats where he picks up these wee injuries from here and there). I think a return to Spuds is probably his best or most sensible bet, it pains me to say it but it would be a perfect fit I think, he'd give them that impetus and big game experience/mentality that they clearly lack and they'd be able to afford him a platform to go out and play on. Wages would fuck them with that too but I just don't see us going for a 30 year old for 60m euros or whatever, although if he was to take a wage drop, say 100k or close to that and Madrid would lower there price I wouldnt be surprised at all if we did maybe throw our hat in the ring especially considering the uncertainties with Willian and his contract situation. An experienced player out and one who is a lot better in.... also fully firing we dont have a player who is on the same level as him at all.

Its incredible how the Madrid fans and even Zidane has treated him. Bale has over 100 goals and has won more trophies at Real as a player than Zidane did. It doesn't make him better but you could argue Real Madrid winning 4 CLs in a row is up there with them winning the 5 CLs or whatever it was called at the time all those years ago in the 50s, as one of the best periods in the clubs history and he was undoubtedly a key part of those wins. Still think hes achieved more at Real than Eden ever will as well. Eden has maybe gone at the wrong time but again, his choice wasn't it? I think when Bale goes from Real eventually they will miss him in some capacity, not as badly as Ronaldo but again Bales goals per season at Madrid are pretty good, 22, 17, 19, 9 (only played 29 games), 21 and 14 (again in and out under Zidane after he returned). Assists I am not sure on but hes bound to be double figures for them most seasons too. Your looking at someone who contributes a minimum of 30-35 goals a season when played regularly. 

22 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

I wouldnt pay a dime for him. A swap with Willy just maybe. EPL is tough and he is way too injury prone.......plus the wages etc. Let him go to spurs, they will do a nice wankathon everytime he touches the ball and 2 weeks later he is injured.

Nahh cant see it, our youth along with quality additions will lift us up,not Bale imo.

I think we would get laughed out of whatever meeting if we even proposed such a thing. We would have to pay Real Madrid to take Willian. 

43 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

I don't think he will ever find peace in Madrid. Over there he will always be compared to CR7 which is just unfair.

On the other hand, here he would be compared to Willian and Pedro

Exactly. As I said I think if this situation was 2 years ago and he was 28 or 29, I have no doubt we would go for him. Hes the sort of player who you know can get you goals, assists, decide games on his own but the conditions to get him here in terms of a transfer would be incredibly difficult.

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think we would get laughed out of whatever meeting if we even proposed such a thing. We would have to pay Real Madrid to take Willian. 

Exactly my point....even Willy of late looks more effective than the current Bale. RM would love it if we paid 60m for him.

11 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

If he could handle the physical side of the PL now? I think that is a bit of ridiculous comment to make in all honesty, the guy has probably been stronger physically in terms of his build than he was in his last year or two at Spuds since going to Madrid. Yes he has had his fair share of injuries in the past 2 and a half seasons yes but couldn't handle the physical side of the PL? Cmon. The guys British, played in the PL for however many years.... he could definitely do it again in the PL

I meant that in regards to his injuries. Bale has been playing in a league that is less physical than the Premier League for years and he still gets injured like 3/4 of the time. How much have those injuries affected his physical state? If he's already breaking down easily in Spain, then I think it's a fair question to ask whether he can handle the Premier League right now after years of injuries. That's my point. I know he played in it in the past but that was before he became injury prone. Bale's main strengths are his pace and physicality but take those out, then I'm not sure what else he's got to compensate for them. He's basically half of the player he is (or even less) without those qualities. 

18 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Exactly my point....even Willy of late looks more effective than the current Bale. RM would love it if we paid 60m for him.

Again I think your getting a bit carried away with yourself, I have no idea what Bale played like the last game for Madrid but to say Willian looking more effective than him. hmmm. 

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

I meant that in regards to his injuries. Bale has been playing in a league that is less physical than the Premier League for years and he still gets injured like 3/4 of the time. How much have those injuries affected his physical state? If he's already breaking down easily in Spain, then I think it's a fair question to ask whether he can handle the Premier League right now after years of injuries. That's my point. I know he played in it in the past but that was before he became injury prone. Bale's main strengths are his pace and physicality but take those out, then I'm not sure what else he's got to compensate for them. He's basically half of the player he is (or even less) without those qualities. 

Maybe but I still think he would be fine in the PL. His injuries again, while they have been a few but hes hardly at the sort of level of injury prone you'd associate with other players like Jack Wilshere or various others over the years like Michael Owen etc who have missed months and months of football almost every season or beyond 6 months in a season. Hes still managed to play 42 games last season in all competitions, 39 games the season before. 2016-17 he only managed 27 games in all competitions which is where he struggled with fitness a lot I think. Plenty life left in him I would say and when you see him play hes still as quick as ever (watching Wales on the tablet, still looks breakneck speed and then Scotland on my laptop haha).

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Again I think your getting a bit carried away with yourself, I have no idea what Bale played like the last game for Madrid but to say Willian looking more effective than him. hmmm. 

Trust me Im livid we didnt sell Willy twice to Barca, but Bale aint much better in my eyes, at least Willy under Frank works somehwat hard, I see none of that with Bale. Now he may hate to play under zidane but his overall quality has diminished big time and only getting older and slower and for 60m that is just not viable and pretty stupid imo. THis version of Bale offers us nothing for the sum and wages it will require.

8 hours ago, Nicco said:

What has Willian done in the last 5 years exactly? He can't score to save his life.

Lolol. Here we have a player, who had almost called quit, by going to china. It was only asensio's injury that cancelled the move, and now people want to get him at Chelsea. What a joke. Anyways, rumors, that's it. No way Frank would be considering it.

• 1 year later...
On 11/10/2019 at 14:37, Tomo said:

Must be avoided at all costs.

Although he's lasted a bit longer than I thought he would at some point he's got a Torres/Alexis decline written all over him.

I don't usually play "i told you" but this was so obvious i couldn't believe i was in the minority.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

I don't usually play "i told you" but this was so obvious i couldn't believe i was in the minority.

To be honest I did think he would of done better. Or at least in terms of minutes played anyway, but I suppose if your managers picking Eric Lamela ahead of you reguarly or using him as a sub first somethings not quite right. 

Hes not set the world alight and probably would never have reached the heights he did at Spurs before and Real but he has 10 goals and 3 assists in 1135 minutes. Not necessarily a bad return considering its a goal involvement every 87 minutes or so. Fair some are in the Europa but also in 569 minutes in the PL he has 5 goals and 2 assists (more a purple patch though). Didn’t justify the huge wages and loan fee though... even funnier how hes basically fucking Spur off to go back to Real in the summer by sounds of it to continue picking up his pay check. Think the money he’s on and his treatment at Real now has probably killed his desire to try kick start his career. 

A similar sort of situation has occurred at Arsenal with Willian also, huge wages and not the level of output you’d expect after his returns last season (although probably more a one off as was best statistical season in his career for G and A), has 0 goals and 7 assists (5 in league).

• 1 month later...

Thanks.

Overall 11 goals in minutes equal to 10 PL games. He still has it, if he is more disciplined and care about football he would be on top.

Bale, Lingard, Willock all of them scored so much more than all our attackers in such a limited time. 

• 5 months later...
On 30/10/2021 at 14:08, Tomislava10Barisic said:

Yess for Gareth Bale why? Cause he got the experience and He to play as Left Back
not as Attacker for Fc Chelsea London.... COME ON ROMAN ABRAMOVICH GET THIS SUPER MAN GARETH BALE!

Hell no.

Never.

Ever.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You