Middlesbrough vs Chelsea

DavidEU

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with all of our injuries i am confident that we can beat Middlesbrough. Although we are piling up the injuries at the moment, if we were to put together the best 11 from players who we know 100% are going to fit it would look like this:

.............................Hilario/Taylor.............................

Belletti........Ivanovic..............Mancienne.........Bridge

.................................Mikel.....................................

.....................Lampard.......Malouda.........................

Sinclair....................Di Santo..........................Kalou

Cech, Cudicini, Bosingwa, Terry, Carvalho, Alex, A.Cole, Essien, Ballack, Deco, J.Cole, Anelka and Drogba are all injury doubts as of now.

All though i am sure a lot of them will be fine for Saturday.

Even with all of our injuries i am confident that we can beat Middlesbrough. Although we are piling up the injuries at the moment, if we were to put together the best 11 from players who we know 100% are going to fit it would look like this:

.............................Hilario/Taylor.............................

Belletti........Ivanovic..............Mancienne.........Bridge

.................................Mikel.....................................

.....................Lampard.......Malouda.........................

Sinclair....................Di Santo..........................Kalou

Cech, Cudicini, Bosingwa, Terry, Carvalho, Alex, A.Cole, Essien, Ballack, Deco, J.Cole, Anelka and Drogba are all injury doubts as of now.

All though i am sure a lot of them will be fine for Saturday.

With such squad we shall lose :unsure:

Chelsea and England centre-back Michael Mancienne could be handed a shock role at the heart of the Blues defence due to their injury crisis.

Both captain John Terry (back), Alex (hip and thigh) and Ricardo Carvalho (knee) are all doubts for the Middlesbrough game and England Under-21 star Mancienne may be given his first Premier League start in order to shore-up the heart of the defence.

But even though he is ready for the chance, Mancienne admits that the lack of opportunities has caused him to think about his future at the club.

"I understand the problem at Chelsea because there are so many top-quality players. But it can get you down when you are a regular with England Under-21s but you go back to the reserve team. It's very frustrating," he said.

"I am at a stage now where I need to play first-team football and feel ready to test myself at the highest level.

"My game has blossomed under England under-21 coach Stuart Pearce and my education at Chelsea has been top class.

"I will keep trying to catch the boss' eye but eventually you have to be honest and start thinking about what's best for your career."

Not a lot of time between the internationals and the Boro' game so it is hard to know just who will be ready. But the selection certainly will be interesting. I am sure we will be able to put together a very strong 11 still..

Would be nice for Mancienne to get a start, although it is big game to come into, not a lower league cup game or anything.