• Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Giroud
    • Willian (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)

Azerbaijan FA offer 6,000 extra Europa League final tickets to Chelsea and Arsenal fans… and promise more charter flights

UEFA have been left red-faced by their chaotic handling of this month’s Europa League final after the Azerbaijan FA suddenly put another 6,000 tickets up for sale.

Europe’s governing body insisted that Arsenaland Chelsea have only been given 17 per cent of tickets for the 68,000-capacity Baku Olympic Stadium because the capital’s airport cannot handle any more people.

But that claim has been denied by Elkhan Mammadov, the general secretary of the Azerbaijan FA, who has opened the door to dozens of extra charter flights to get fans to the May 29 final.

“We are calling on both teams to organise extra charter flights on the day of the match and I can guarantee that our airport is well equipped to handle 10,000 passengers per hour.

Mammadov also revealed that the Azerbaijan FA have also held back an additional 6,000 tickets which are now available for sale to fans who send an email request to [email protected].

Uefa yesterday issued an apology for the chaos and admitted that having two teams travelling 2,500 miles from the same city has created extra complications.
But they defended their choice of Baku and said: “Uefa would consider it utterly unfair to exclude certain venues just based on their decentralised geographical position.”
They also said: “Our experts are keenly working to help find cheaper solutions for travelling fans and would welcome a joint effort from the clubs in this respect.”

On 17/05/2019 at 1:47 PM, petre.ispirescu said:

What a bloody mess this is mate simply cannot understand why big matches like this one and the WC that is going to come are played in countries with no footie culture, bloody hell Azerbaidjan do they even play football there? And it's not even in Europe!!!!!!

I'm in Romania atm and even for me it's so damn expensive to go there by plane, 700 pounds and stops in Wien and Moscow, Jeeeeeesus....... My four mates and I it's easier to go there by car in the end, at least it is only three countries we have to cross and 6-7 hours of non stop driving each. 

Are you going? that's outstanding commitment if you are !. If you do go you have been nominated as match photographer for TC.👍

50 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Im going :)

Take some photos my son and enjoy the game. Can't say I know anyone going and I know blokes who have been going home and away for years in fact I know a geezer who only goes European away games basically so he can visit other countries to soak up their culture in other words the bars and the brothels :)

19 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Are you going? that's outstanding commitment if you are !. If you do go you have been nominated as match photographer for TC.👍

Would love to mate but the trip depends on other three friends that atm are 50/50, my best mate and myself we're ready to go anytime but the trip itself it's simply not worth in two, I mean it's 3000 km and 33-34 hours of driving, the plan is to be five of us so that every one of us drives 6-7 hours and spend less time doing stops and sleep in some bnb or whatever, would be non stop drive. Waiting for the other three to decide hope they say it's ok so we can hit the road hehehe 

8 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Would love to mate but the trip depends on other three friends that atm are 50/50, my best mate and myself we're ready to go anytime but the trip itself it's simply not worth in two, I mean it's 3000 km and 33-34 hours of driving, the plan is to be five of us so that every one of us drives 6-7 hours and spend less time doing stops and sleep in some bnb or whatever, would be non stop drive. Waiting for the other three to decide hope they say it's ok so we can hit the road hehehe 

Just hit's home what a monumental fuck up Uefa made having it in such an inaccessible place as Baku they just don't consider the fans at all. 

12 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Just hit's home what a monumental fuck up Uefa made having it in such an inaccessible place as Baku they just don't consider the fans at all. 

yes!

It is not even remotely in EUROPE ffs, it is in Asia, it is right next to Iran, lololol

Madness on UEFA's part

Union of European Football Associations

smdh

478dab6ae967bd0ba88513793a3e4838.png40bd8c1c1d7cf41106898c56bbe24d93.png