test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed New England Revolution 0-3 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

82 posts in this topic
37 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Cuz its pointless really, and the timing all fucked up. Imagine any of our players get injured that will game in the final, just not ideal. Lets just get it over with and look forward smashing the Ars.

It's gonna be a charity game, it's midseason for NE. Players won't break each others' legs. Ofc injuries can occur but players can injure at trainings or even at home/traffic too. This will be like a training, like playing a match between teammates.

Yeah, our boys will travel a lot but they are used to it. Also, it's not they travel on tourist class between crying babies and their fat parents and wait hours at baggage claim and for airport shuttle. They travel in luxury and full comfort and they will still have two weeks to prepare to the final.

I guess they have some sort of contractual obligation for the organiser to play the stars for at least 45 minutes? I would expect the youth to play the second half tho

communicate likes this

4 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

I guess they have some sort of contractual obligation for the organiser to play the stars for at least 45 minutes? I would expect the youth to play the second half tho

That has to be the case

55 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Exactly. We sold tickets on the basis that a full strength side would play so nothing else would have been acceptable.

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

It is always like this otherwise team will just play kids in this kind of game

15 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Where are the freakin youngsters. We want Reece.

I am guessing should be in on the 60th.

Higuain looks shit even against these lot

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I really hope RLC isn't going to miss the EL final because of this game.

Would be the most pathetic thing you happen

Would be the most pathetic thing you happen
It really would be. The one player you know not to risk because of his history.

3 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

The only good thing is, seemed like an impact injry. But seriously stupid

Just another in many incompetent things our club has done. Playing 4 days after PL ended, with full strength team, on absolute shite pitch. Entire forum knew shit like this will happen.

But not Sarri and the board.

Just another in many incompetent things our club has done. Playing 4 days after PL ended, with full strength team, on absolute shite pitch. Entire forum knew shit like this will happen.
But not Sarri and the board.
Sarri didn't want this game to be played as much as us.

Game shouldn't have been planned with the possibility of finals on the horizon.

What would have happened if we were in the FA Cup final?

Sarri didn't want this game to be played as much as us.

Game shouldn't have been planned with the possibility of finals on the horizon.

What would have happened if we were in the FA Cup final?

Indeed. Its completely stupid to agree for such game at this time.

Sarri could make different subs though. Start with strong 11 if that was agreement and then bring kids in second half, not entire first team. 

With pitch in that condition, any manager would rest RLC who can pick injury anytime; except Sarri. 

Sarri could make different subs though. Start with strong 11 if that was agreement and then bring kids in second half, not entire first team. 
With pitch in that condition, any manager would rest RLC who can pick injury anytime; except Sarri. 
You're looking for a reason to get at Sarri...he could have gotten injured just as easily in a training session. RLC really isn't injury prone. He has constant problems with his back, but what he injured tonight is not like it a common thing for him.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1905didierblue likes this

All first team players on the trip made an appearance, so I think it's quite clear we were contractual obliged to field them.

I just don't known what clown would agree to that. Fielding a strong XI for one half is one thing, but having to field an entire squad is beyond farcical.

BlueLyon likes this

8 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

You're looking for a reason to get at Sarri...he could have gotten injured just as easily in a training session. RLC really isn't injury prone. He has constant problems with his back, but what he injured tonight is not like it a common thing for him.

Nope, Im actualy leaning for him to stay another season despite he didnt convince me at all. I guess I have some faith he could do better in second season. And its about time to give a manager some patience. 

However, you always protect your players. RLC has been injured quite alot (his back indeed) and you dont want to risk another potential injury against New England Revolution in Boston on absolutely shite pitch.

There have been many cases where players trained normaly, but didnt play the match because managers wanted to protect them. Players train every day, its understandable. Going to play in some pointless match in USA is not.

So no, training is nowhere near the same as actual match. Cobham has perfect training pitch, while this one in Boston was terrible. And its well known the quality of the pitch is always big reason when it comes to injuries, especialy like that one that happend to RLC tonight.

Nope, Im actualy leaning for him to stay another season despite he didnt convince me at all. I guess I have some faith he could do better in second season. And its about time to give a manager some patience. 
However, you always protect your players. RLC has been injured quite alot (his back indeed) and you dont want to risk another potential injury against New England Revolution in Boston on absolutely shite pitch.
There have been many cases where players trained normaly, but didnt play the match because managers wanted to protect them. Players train every day, its understandable. Going to play in some pointless match in USA is not.
So no, training is nowhere near the same as actual match. Cobham has perfect training pitch, while this one in Boston was terrible. And its well known the quality of the pitch is always big reason when it comes to injuries, especialy like that one that happend to RLC tonight.
I agree on almost all of that. My only disagreement is that RLC isn't at more risk than any other player in this match. It was just really unfortunate. I would rather none of our first team play, but it's clear that was not allowed.