• Loftus-Cheek
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Higuain
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

32 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Sorry but that is not acceptable if it happens. You play for the badge and the fans going there, 3th looks better than 4th and gives better revenue....if we lose, we lose, but the fight has to be there.

We as fans despise Spurs and would love to see us finish above them. But I'm not sure this particular Chelsea team has the mentality that cares that much. Hopefully I'm wrong.

30 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Sorry but that is not acceptable if it happens. You play for the badge and the fans going there, 3th looks better than 4th and gives better revenue....if we lose, we lose, but the fight has to be there.

The best solution I think, is to play as many kids as possible and have them give everything they've got. We would almost certainly lose but we'd see a fighting display for sure. A loss would cost some income in missed prize money but there is no guarantee that we'd finish third even if we play the full strength team. Set against that is the upside of not over playing the first team ahead of the US trip, and of giving some young players a taste of the first team. Worth the money I think.

I don't think he'll go with a complete alien team but definitely would be worth making some changes.

The problem is the gap between today and the Europa final is pretty significant, so a bit of a balancing act is needed as you also don't want players to lose their match fitness and sharpness.

Is Ampadu fit? With our thin options at centre back currently, I'd hope to see him and Cahill play in there today. Zappacosta on the right and Alonso on the left should both be relatively fresh.

RLC should definitely be wrapped in cotton wool, and Jorginho should be rested too (although I've a feeling he won't be). Drinkwater and Barkley could play alongside another.

I have a feeling that Hazard will play. I wouldn't risk him personally, or I certainly would limit his involvement significantly.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We as fans despise Spurs and would love to see us finish above them. But I'm not sure this particular Chelsea team has the mentality that cares that much. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Even when trying to get 4th the fight mentality didn't seem to be there. So probably less likely now it's a done deal. 

Well people, we have finally reached the last league game of the season. One which to say the least has been a roller-coaster of emotion, stress, happiness and frustration.But if at the start of the season we were told that we could finish third or fourth and secure a Champions League spot, reach a domestic final and a European final we would have been delighted with that.and taken it without question. And an added bonus would be being the top London club again.So overall it hasn't been a complete disaster. But it is the manner in which we performed and were defeated in a lot of games that concerns me. Although it looks like we had a good season, it could, and should have been so much better. Defeats to Bournemouth, Man City Wolves etc. and confidence in Sarri were and are things that were and are issues that could have made a good season even better.                                         Today we play a Leicester side who will really put it up to us, and I agree that we need to rest players for the Final and we should play some of the young guns. If we do I will expect them to prove that they have got what it takes to play for our Club and give Sarri food for thought. We need to win this, end of. I want us to finish the season strongly and above them hateful Spuds and prove that we didn't get a Champions League spot because the other teams lost, but because we showed the fight and determination to win it ourselves. Whoever Sarri plays today will need to give their all and prove themselves as,with a transfer ban looming, these are the players we will be relying on next season. So lets go out and win this and prove we are where we are on merit. And then we as fans can rest easy knowing that our squad for next season can keep us in the hunt for more trophies. KTBFFH

Lineup says a lot about what Sarri thinks of Cahill and Drinkwater.

I don't mind the lineup given the length of time before the Europa final but Luiz and RLC are the two that concern me. These two I would have rested with Hazard and wrapped them up in cotton wool.