• Kovacic
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Higuain
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Cahill (sub)

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

I'm more excited to see RLC than anything to do with next season.

He needs to go on and develop into an elite player next season. His  close to greatness and if he really wants it next year will be us year

1 hour ago, Vybz Kartel said:

He needs to go on and develop into an elite player next season. His  close to greatness and if he really wants it next year will be us year

Agreed. He is indeed very close to becoming a top midfielder.

the impressive thing is that on top of all that size and power, he’s got close control, finesse, and acceleration... not to mention scoring massive goals. Makes him really tough to play against in contested areas. Reckon that will translate really well against stronger opposition.

just needs to improve composure and fitness.

I'm a bit paranoid about Ruben, he's played two (near) full games this part week the first of which his back started playing up, I fear he may go the same way as Kante today if he has another full game so soon.

Which makes me think given our advantage and the fact Frankfurt look tanked we should start with Barkley and Kova do the boring side of Sarriball and have them chasing the ball, then unleash Rubes after an hour to finish them off.

Edit: wrong thread

Along with getting CL football, RLC has been the best thing about this season. Next season will tell us a lot about what kinda player RLC can become, barring injuries of course. 

Today game was a complete performance; doing the dirty work defensively, superb in the buildup, and scoring a goal. 

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I really hope the club won't allow this to become a problem. If the ban is overturned or postponed then we should be looking for better/younger alternatives to Kova and Gonzo. If the ban is upheld then discussions about signing these two are moot anyway.

I think we can extent Higuain's loan as an option to extend is already pre agreed.

13 hours ago, Tomo said:

I think we can extent Higuain's loan as an option to extend is already pre agreed.

That's interesting.thanks. I would have guessed that it would have been a separate registration which would fall foul of fifa's restriction. If he's a player who can sneak through the cracks of  the ban, then that might make him a more desirable target than he might have been.

In that situation, I would still like to have Tammy in the squad as an additional option. Tammy doesn't have everything but; pace, power, strength, endeavour and finishing will always be attributes that can make a contribution. I can't pretend that I'd want Tammy as our long term first choice striker, but there have been many times when a striker has come off the bench this term where I'd have preferred if it had been Tammy instead. He'd be the something different that a game sometimes needs.

19 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

That's interesting.thanks. I would have guessed that it would have been a separate registration. If he's a player who can sneak under the ban then I agree that might make him a more desirable target than he might have been.

In that situation, I would still like to have Tammy in the squad as an additional option. Tammy doesn't have everything but pace, power, strength, endeavour and finishing will always be attributes that can make a contribution. I can't pretend that I'd want Tammy as our first choice striker, but there have been many times when a striker has come off the bench this term where I'd have preferred if it had been Tammy instead. He'd be the something different that a game sometimes needs.

Could what i alluded to earlier be an option with Higgy and Tammy (if the ban sticks)? Gonzalo against the bus parkers and Tammy against teams that will leave space in behind, not the most exciting duo to ever exist but possibly the best options at the minute out of who's on our books. Morata can't be recalled (and would likely sulk into oblivion if he was anyway), Bats just doesn't cut it in any aspect bar finishing and the only competition Giroud is delivering in we ain't in anymore.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

I'm a bit paranoid about Ruben, he's played two (near) full games this part week the first of which his back started playing up, I fear he may go the same way as Kante today if he has another full game so soon.

Which makes me think given our advantage and the fact Frankfurt look tanked we should start with Barkley and Kova do the boring side of Sarriball and have them chasing the ball, then unleash Rubes after an hour to finish them off.

Edit: wrong thread

Yeah it's a catch 22 situation, on one hand I would rather he starts and we finish the job early by scoring quickly like against Prague kill off the tie altogether without any squeaky bum time. On the other hand you are right we risk losing him for a while when his arguably been our best player this past month

We won, but to think about this squad without Hazard and a potential transfer ban is a bit scary.

Specially playing Champions League football as well.

13 minutes ago, turgi said:

We won, but to think about this squad without Hazard and a potential transfer ban is a bit scary.

Specially playing Champions League football as well.

If Hazard does a Griezman and stays I think we might be fine if the ban is reduced to  1 window. Pulisic and CHO will hopefully be upgrades on Willian and Pedro and hopefully Reece is the real deal so that we add some pace in the full back slots and Zouma to replace Cahill, we might not win the league but we should be good to at least finish top 4 easily. 

We're in the Champions League next season :) ... This is a surprise, lamest run for places as if no one wanted to end up in the Top 4 ... I believe we are the only one who won in the last 3 gameweek. 

M I excited for the top 4 finish - Not really at this point of time I was more shocked and surprised. This is just going to cover all the flaws we have specially from the board. I feel the real test will begin now because we havent all these years havent really have a vision to built the team. I hope the board doesnt become complacent with Chelsea being in the CL next season, seriously it would be embarrassing if we dont overhaul.  

So for now I have my fingers crossed ... 

13 hours ago, Yeboii said:

We beat our team 3-0 while Man U and Arsenal mess up their matches in hilarious fashion. Because of that we are confirmed in the UCL!

today was a good day.png

yeah but after the loss with bournemouth it seemed the end of the world 

maybe in EPL is like this, every match is a fight and nothing is granted 

Don't want to be a party pooper, but I'm not like the Arsenal fans to celebrate a mere top 4 finish with all our problems still nowhere close to being solved.

Then again, if we manage to do a 12/13 and also win the EL, I think it might make me put aside some of the embarrassing things I had to go through this season.

1 hour ago, different level said:

Don't want to be a party pooper, but I'm not like the Arsenal fans to celebrate a mere top 4 finish with all our problems still nowhere close to being solved.

Then again, if we manage to do a 12/13 and also win the EL, I think it might make me put aside some of the embarrassing things I had to go through this season.

I am trying to understand your disappointment, Chelsea have been in a mess since Jose snapped the chain by letting KDB, Sallah, Lukaku etc leave. Conte performed magic by winning the premiership with a weak team that was not adequately replaced not due to the board not shelling out but the buys did not work. Everyone was excited by Bakayoko but it didn't happen. Sarri has done well with this squad, only 2 players will get into the top 5 side and with the best effort our strikers have scored 12 goals + Hazards 16 in the championship. so the team that scored the least in the top 6 could come 3rd and can win the Europa cup. we are not Arsenal, they are under performers and legendary at it. Give Sarri Lacazette or Aubamayang or both and you wouldn't believe its the same Chelsea. If we had Song or Kane or both, I wonder. Martial or Rashford, Aquero, Sane. all such players are not available to be bought, in the circumstances we are doing great.

10 minutes ago, y10edn said:

I am trying to understand your disappointment, Chelsea have been in a mess since Jose snapped the chain by letting KDB, Sallah, Lukaku etc leave. Conte performed magic by winning the premiership with a weak team that was not adequately replaced not due to the board not shelling out but the buys did not work. Everyone was excited by Bakayoko but it didn't happen. Sarri has done well with this squad, only 2 players will get into the top 5 side and with the best effort our strikers have scored 12 goals + Hazards 16 in the championship. so the team that scored the least in the top 6 could come 3rd and can win the Europa cup. we are not Arsenal, they are under performers and legendary at it. Give Sarri Lacazette or Aubamayang or both and you wouldn't believe its the same Chelsea. If we had Song or Kane or both, I wonder. Martial or Rashford, Aquero, Sane. all such players are not available to be bought, in the circumstances we are doing great.

This 👍

Jose really fucked us over - we had an amazing squad of players.

I just hope we promote some youth talent if the transfer ban happens - we have some amazing young players and just need to give them a go - if it's forced by a transfer ban so be it - I would see that as a silver lining.

However, I just dont see Sarri trying it - we need a more flexible manager, somebody willing to give youth a chance - but this has been said since 2011 - so I dont see it changing anytime soon sadly.