• Kovacic
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Higuain
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Cahill (sub)

6 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

The only credit I give him is that he said RLC is great and should be starting every game 

Tony Gale is a huge RLC fan, i remember he was consistently praising him when he was at Crystal Palace. 

Just now, Tomo said:

If we play that game we would be challenging for the title had our final 3rd quality been better.

Really? If this had been a one off game, I wouldn't have bothered mentioning much. But we haven't looked defensively solid in recent games. And god knows where that second half came from (Sarri's HT team talk worked for once!) as well as those 2 goals from corners!

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

They got into so many good positions to score with our defence in sixes and sevens. Had their final third quality been better, they could have easily scored 2-3. And not to mention, Deeney was dominating our CBs in that first half. 

To be fair, deeney dominates most of the CBs every weekend. That is his USP. The problem was that we were not winning the 2nd balls. As soon as we started doing that, from around 30th minute, we really started dominating them.

Yes they got into decent positions but in that case, we have kept getting into decent positions all season long. It simply does not matter. 

It was such an open game from min1 to min 90, I don't think we can judge the defences on this performance.

Just now, bakayokofan said:

To be fair, deeney dominates most of the CBs every weekend. That is his USP. The problem was that we were not winning the 2nd balls. As soon as we started doing that, from around 30th minute, we really started dominating them.

Yes they got into decent positions but in that case, we have kept getting into decent positions all season long. It simply does not matter. 

It was such an open game from min1 to min 90, I don't think we can judge the defences on this performance.

giphy.gif

United is out of CL spots reach now.

Remember when Matic was being smart aas last summer...Someone should respond to Matic now :D

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2018/08/31/nemanja-matic-hits-back-at-chelsea-fan-over-manchester-united-dig-7901632/amp/

What a player Ruben is now. Our best attacking midfielder by far lately and has now established himself as a best XI player. Dominant physically but also has silky skill to glide past players with ease.

And my oh my was Hazard excellent today. 

One last game to finish this thing off. Would be heartbreaking and devastating to fail from here.

RLC is the closest thing we have to a goal scoring midfielder like Lamps, the bursting runs from midfield, dribbling, headers, getting in to good positions to score, etc. he just needs to find that consistency and stay injury free.

We got ourselves a real gem of a player.

I laughed back then when people genuinely thought Barkley is/will be better just because RLC was more raw. Or when they were surprises he was picked for WC squad because apparently he wasnt anywhere near their level or ours for that matter. Glad he proved them wrong and our manager actualy gave him chance.

Great player. I especialy loved how he reacted when he lost the ball. He immediately ran back to fix his mistake, usualy our players just stroll casualy. Thats a proper chels attitude.

20 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

cant believe how things looked really bleak for us a couple of months ago, it looked as if we would miss out on top 4 again with us on very poor form, Spurs close to City and Pool, United's honeymoon period and Arsenal catching us. We have to consider ourselves very lucky for the ammount of points dropped by our top 4 rivals in these past weeks otherwise we wouldnt have stood a chance, but we will take this nonetheless. The irony is looking at United and their fans, just a few weeks ago they were singing Ole's praises, they believed top 4 was a sure thing, reaching the later stages of the Champions and talking about winning it, knocking us out of FA Cup and saying they would win it, but look at how things turned out, not so confident now are they? deluded bunch

For sure my man.....any other season and we would be in waste land with no chance at all for CL footy.

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

I laughed back then when people genuinely thought Barkley is/will be better just because RLC was more raw. Or when they were surprises he was picked for WC squad because apparently he wasnt anywhere near their level or ours for that matter. Glad he proved them wrong and our manager actualy gave him chance.

Great player. I especialy loved how he reacted when he lost the ball. He immediately ran back to fix his mistake, usualy our players just stroll casualy. Thats a proper chels attitude.

Yup he still needs to work on awareness but that comes with game time. Hopefully he gets more of that next season 

What a day. Top 4 is in our hands and we are somehow above Spurs. I remember a few weeks ago when that looked impossible. How football changes is amazing. Big credit to Sarri for motivating the team second half who were booed of at half time and considering Kante went off injured too. Clean sheet too which we haven't recorded for a while. Emphatic victory as well which helps the GD because depending on circs with Arsenal's match a draw might be enough to get us top 3/4. All the ups and down this season and we are so close to having a great season. It is amazing how RLC has forced himself in the first team reckoning. Adding goals to his game now too and really becoming all round midfielder. Can enjoy my bank holiday weekend knowing we are 3rd. Love it :cig: