Youcef Atal

the wes

4 minutes ago, the wes said:

Chelsea target £35m-rated Nice right-back Youcef Atal this summer - if they can delay Fifa ban

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/04/29/chelsea-target-35m-rated-nice-right-back-youcef-atal-summer/amp/

What are the club trying to do here?! :doh: 

9 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Aina, Baba, James to name three. Do the club know they have a list of players waiting in the wings?

From what I'm hearing from Wigan fans we would be criminally wasting James playing him anywhere but midfield, Aina is gone and Baba just isn't good enough.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

From what I'm hearing from Wigan fans we would be criminally wasting James playing him anywhere but midfield, Aina is gone and Baba just isn't good enough.

Aina isn't gone. Yeah, Toro have a 7 million pounds buyout clause which they will trigger but Ola is not obligated to sign for them. 

The same happedn to Salah, Fiorentina had the option but he rejected them bc he wanted to join Roma. Aina can rejet Toro and sign for another team(btw Fiorentina is interested) or stay with us.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Which position would he likely be suited to in our midfield make up?

It may well be true, but our needs at full back in my opinion are more pressing than our needs in midfield, and for James his more realistic option at present to get a foothold within the squad and hopefully the first team is likely at right back. He may well be moved to a different position in the future (many players have changed roles as they've become older and more experienced) but I think the opportunity would be there. Our midfield could be improved but I don't look at it as one of the main issues to address as I don't view it as any worse than any of the other top teams bar City. A genuine goal scoring midfielder would be ideal but if we were getting the goals we should from our front three then the likes of Barkley, RLC and Kante chipping in with 5-10 throughout the season is sufficient enough.

I don't know enough of this player to pass any judgements but even in the current market £35-40m is still a lot of money for a full back, particularly one still very unproven (remember Baba). We have a very promising academy player who can play that position and has had an excellent season out on loan. We have a number of other areas to address in the squad, and a striker and potential replacement for Hazard will cost an awful lot of money. I would just rather more pressing areas are addressed first and foremost.

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

Aina isn't gone. Yeah, Toro have a 7 million pounds buyout clause which they will trigger but Ola is not obligated to sign for them. 

The same happedn to Salah, Fiorentina had the option but he rejected them bc he wanted to join Roma. Aina can rejet Toro and sign for another team(btw Fiorentina is interested) or stay with us.

I would sell him there's no point in keeping him 

He is having absolutely brilliant season. If he was LB, I would say it would be great signing for us.

But he isnt even a fullback. He is wingback or even winger more than defender. And we have James on the right, so I think it doesnt make much sense. 

Good player though.

He isn't going to get that chance here, so it will be FB or bust tbh. As someone else said, we could cut any "deal" for Aina in a heartbeat as we have the final say (https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/chelsea-reluctant-to-sell-ola-aina-with-transfer-ban-looming-a4130086.html).

Finally, have you watched Reims in the last few months by any chance?

On 4/30/2019 at 1:01 AM, LAM09 said:

Aina, Baba, James to name three. Do the club know they have a list of players waiting in the wings?

Aina is gone, Torino is exercising his buy option, Baba is a LEFT BACK, and obviously has been written off long ago in terms of playing on our first team. That leaves Reece and Azpi, and as soon as the bans are over Azpi has to go as a starter. He is no longer a top quality RB, we may keep him as a reserve CB but that is pissing away 25 or 30m. Too many minutes over too many years has burned him out. He is so limited offensively, as is Alonso and Zappa and Emerson. Those 4 are just horrid crossers.

Reece may end up playing a lot of CB as well, so this is a good buy. We are not going to get him anyway, he is going to be snapped up this summer whilst we are banned.

Wan-Bissaka will get snatched up too. I am so hoping Denzel Dumfries doesnt move them summer, stays at PSV, and we can swoop for him in summer 2020. He is a beast, 1.89m tall, explosive, and a superb tackler. Great at crosses too.

Image result for Denzel DumfriesImage result for Denzel Dumfries

On 30/04/2019 at 0:57 PM, LAM09 said:

He isn't going to get that chance here, so it will be FB or bust tbh. As someone else said, we could cut any "deal" for Aina in a heartbeat as we have the final say (https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea/chelsea-reluctant-to-sell-ola-aina-with-transfer-ban-looming-a4130086.html).

Finally, have you watched Reims in the last few months by any chance?

That article does not say we have any kind of veto on the buy option and, as far as I'm aware, we do not. Our chance of retaining Ola boils down to our ability to persuade him to turn down the move to Torino. To do that we'd have to offer him a significantly better deal than the Turin club will and hope that is enough to sway his decision. We won't be able to convince Ola based on his likely importance to our squad vs his likely importance to Torino's. He knows he won't get as many minutes here as in Turin. Of course, I'm not saying Ola would certainly be swayed by a bigger contract. I'm just speculating that he won't be swayed without one.

All of this is further complicated by the rumour that Nice would want to include Tariq Lampty in any deal for Atal. Tariq's combination of high technique and jet-heeled pace would really please any Blues fans who are not familiar with him. The problem, however, is that he's tiny. Not just in height but in bulk too. I worry whether Maurizio, or any other Chelsea manager, would take Tariq seriously given that drawback. He is a fabulous player though. The club would need to examine themselves closely on this. If they want Atal at Right back more than they want Ola, or Tariq, or Reece playing there, and if they know they will never take a chance on Tariq's size, then they should accept his inclusion in any deal. For myself, I'd have to watch Atal a bit more before forming an opinion about whether he's worth all we'd be passing up to get him.

• 4 months later...
13 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

he seems more like a Shitty style RB than a Chels one

I always include him as an option due to his talent, which is absolutely there

We also need to see just how good Reece is gong to be

Atal is going to cost far more than £35m if he keeps playing like he is, and Nice now has Jim Ratcliffe's £20 billion backing them now and he wants to take out PSG within 4 or 5 years as the best team in France, so prising Atal away is not going to be easy

• 2 months later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You