• Kante
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Giroud
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

13 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

So you are honestly trying to justify a record 103 goals and a record goal differential (only bested by Pep's City), wasn't a result of attacking football? 

giphy.gif

I actually agree with Jason on that case. We played the same brand of football under Carlo as we did Jose, the difference being Jose would see a game out after it's won to reserve energy whereas Carlo had us maintain the same intensity till the end.

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

Ironic that you mentioned Luiz/Christensen played in a system that protected their weaknesses and then tried to compare them with Terry/Carvalho, who both also played in a defensive system. Remember what happened when Terry played under AVB? 

Cmon Terry was about 32 when he played in that high line under AVB and even then he looked better than Luiz did except that shit show v Arsenal 😂 I mean even Cahill back then was probanly better than Luiz and Christensen (disappointed with how hes continued to struggle after a positive start last season) defensively. 

17 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

So you are honestly trying to justify a record 103 goals and a record goal differential (only bested by Pep's City), wasn't a result of attacking football? 

giphy.gif

Why do a team that score many goals always have to be classified as playing "attacking football"? A team can play good football and be ruthless/efficient with their opportunities, which we were back in 2009/10. If you look deeper into the numbers, the 103 goals were inflated because of 4 matches - the 7-2, 7-1, 7-0 and 8-0. If you put that down to regular scores, we would have ended up with the usual goals scored number of a league champion. And for argument's sake, you want to call it attacking football? Fine. But attacking football doesn't mean teams have to play a high line, press the opponent high up the pitch etc.

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I actually agree with Jason on that case. We played the same brand of football under Carlo as we did Jose, the difference being Jose would see a game out after it's won to reserve energy whereas Carlo had us maintain the same intensity till the end.

I'm shocked! :lol: 

here are my wishes for the remaining games

We win the last 2 EPL games (thus 99% guaranteeing CL)

Spuds lose one, win one (this gives us 3rd and then 100% CL)  AND it blocks both Manure and Arse from 4th

if that happens, the Arse and Manure EPL games, all 4 in total are meaningless, they can both win the last two and still miss out

Shitty win their last 2 and cock-block the dippers from the title

finally

Arse loses to either Valencia (not likely but still a chance) or if not, then they lose us in the final

Barca wins CL (or Ajax, but sorta want to see Barca make history and surpass those two monster Pep Barca sides by winning a true consecutive sextuple and beyond)

that means

1 Shitty

2 Victimpool

3 Chels (our two games are both tough, but winnable, Leicester away is going to be the toughest game out of the 8 games left for all of the 4 teams battling for 3rd and 4th, BUT Shitty will beat them this weekend, and Wolves will beat Fulham, thus eliminating Leicester from EL contention, so they will have a lot less to play for)

4 Spuds (two tough games as well, Bournemouth away and Everton at home to close out the season)

5 Manure (as they will surely win their last 2 against utter shit teams)

6 Arse (unless they win both, then they are 5th, Burnley away will be a hard slog)

7 Wolves (I hope they qualify for EL, as that means they probably have easier time holding onto players who would maybe go to the other top 5 EPL teams)

CL Baca

EL Chels

Arse and Manure get nothing, other than EL next year

those are my complete wishes

MAKE IT SO

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Cmon Terry was about 32 when he played in that high line under AVB and even then he looked better than Luiz did except that shit show v Arsenal 😂 I mean even Cahill back then was probanly better than Luiz and Christensen (disappointed with how hes continued to struggle after a positive start last season) defensively. 

But Terry never looked the part in a high line, did he? He might have fared better than Luiz but he was always prone to making errors at the back if you put balls in behind him. 

Just now, Jason said:

I'd say we defended well as a team under Conte, especially in the first season. 

In the 13 match winning run we did but either side i thought we were average (especially on Alonso/ Cahill's side) defensively. 29 goals in 25 games is Brendan esque numbers and we went on our longest run without a clean sheet for 22 years.

Just now, Tomo said:

In the 13 match winning run we did but either side i thought we were average (especially on Alonso/ Cahill's side) defensively. 29 goals in 25 games is Brendan esque numbers and we went on our longest run without a clean sheet for 22 years.

We did? I don't recall that. :lol: 

Even then though, we still looked capable of defending back then. These days, we look like a bunch of headless chickens in defensive situations.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

We did? I don't recall that. :lol: 

Yeah IIRC the clean sheet at Goodison end of April was our first since like early January and i'm sure i read it was our worst run without a shutout since 94.

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Miss the times when we were actually capable of those back-to-the-wall performances to get a result in the really tough games! 

we have 4 games left, all are extreme pressure, and if we sweep them, I will be quite content with the season, given all the bullshit and fuck-ups (plus the EL trophy will be our 30th top flight/Europe trophy in club history)

3 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Sarri said RLC had crump and asked to be replaced. Will all of you apologize to the guy? 

Has RLC completed a single match yet? He might need another season to fix this problem.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

But Terry never looked the part in a high line, did he? He might have fared better than Luiz but he was always prone to making errors at the back if you put balls in behind him. 

Nobody in that back 4 under AVB looked comfortable and for good reason they were so exposed, extremely disjointed with huge spaces in behind. Dont even think prime Terry would have looked good in that defence and he could virtually have played with anybody when he was at his best. Luiz was a fucking bomb scare though under AVB.