• Kante
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Giroud
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

Our defending at set pieces is becoming nearly as worrying as our inability to convert chances.

In general, we're no longer capable of doing the one thing we've always been good at - defending.

Guess that's Sarriball for you...

11 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Higuain would've been shit. This isn't Huddersfield. 

i think it would not have been much of a difference. higuain would have seen the spaces but not made the runs either. A striker like BAtshuayi would have been perfect today

1 minute ago, Jason said:

In general, we're no longer capable of doing the one thing we've always been good at - defending.

Or because Luiz isn't Terry and Christensen isn't Carvalho/Gallas

13 minutes ago, DDA said:

Bro????

He has carried us on his back from the start of the season up this point. 

I know his carried us all season, but his carrying some extra pounds which are inhabiting his overall game. By the way has anyone notced as soon as Hazard goes on goal scoring form Sarri puts him at false 9 then he loses all his confidence again?Since he was moved back to false 9 against Lpool he has not been the same player from the West Ham games. 

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
3 minutes ago, Jason said:
That says a lot about him than anything or anyone else, TBH.
But at this point, I don't really care too much anymore. Top 4 or the Europa League...JUST BLOODY QUALIFY FOR THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE! :rant:

This is the same player that went AWOL for almost an entire season, man. We really shouldn't be surprised by alot of things that occur at the club.

I really want 3rd or 4th in EPL AND this damn Europa League.

It is so key for Manure and Arse to not have CL next year, in the long term view. It will really fuck them up in a massive summer window that we are almost certainly going to be cut out of.

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

Or because Luiz isn't Terry and Christensen isn't Carvalho/Gallas

That would have been an absolutely fair point had Luiz/Christensen not been part of Conte's XI in the past...

It is so key for Manure and Arse to not have CL next year, in the long term view. It will really fuck them up in a massive summer window that we are almost certainly going to be cut out of.
You aren't alone. Not idea what the rules are for sure, but I believe we could really mess either up by finishing fourth and winning the EL.

Four wins and we can somehow classify this season as a good one, despite suffering two of our worst defeats among other things

That would have been an absolutely fair point had Luiz/Christensen not been part of Conte's XI in the past...

A system that protected their defensively liabilities. If you want to talk about fair, it would be to compare Luiz/Christensen to Terry/Carvalho in 4 at the back systems. 

Night and day. 

A system that protected their defensively liabilities. If you want to talk about fair, it would be to compare Luiz/Christensen to Terry/Carvalho in 4 at the back systems. 

Night and day. 

Ironic that you mentioned Luiz/Christensen played in a system that protected their weaknesses and then tried to compare them with Terry/Carvalho, who both also played in a defensive system. Remember what happened when Terry played under AVB? 

15 hours ago, Vesper said:

Agreed. You've made an important point about slowing down the plans of Arsenal & Utd..

Also, it would be nice to get to Baku of course. Especially if we can go there knowing that we're only playing for a trophy, not for our Champions League future.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Ironic that you mentioned Luiz/Christensen played in a system that protected their weaknesses and then tried to compare them with Terry/Carvalho, who both also played in a defensive system. Remember what happened when Terry played under AVB? 

Remember when Terry played under Ancelotti? 

Remember when Terry played under Ancelotti? 

We never played open, attacking football under Ancelotti. We were efficient and ruthless that season but we never played a high defensive line, pressed high up the pitch, left the players exposed all the time.

19 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

You aren't alone. Not idea what the rules are for sure, but I believe we could really mess either up by finishing fourth and winning the EL.

Four wins and we can somehow classify this season as a good one, despite suffering two of our worst defeats among other things

If this is the final EPL table order

416ceb8ad1638e263718a324c51ddf8f.png

or flip Manure and Arse (or even put us 3rd and spuds 4th)

and we also win the Europa league

Arse is out, so is Manure

the only way a 5th team goes is if they finish outside the top 4 AND win the CL or EL

my doom scenario (we finish 4th and still no CL if Spuds and Arse finish 5th and 6th yet both win the CL and the EL) is almost impossible at this point (Spuds will fuck that up as they probably finsih 3rd or 4th and probably do NOT win the CL)

Arse winning the EL and finishing 5th or 6th in the EPL simply puts them into the CL as the 5th team, it doesn't knock us out

but I do NOT want those cunts in the CL at all

thus my desire to finish 4th or 3rd and also win the EL

If this is the final EPL table order
416ceb8ad1638e263718a324c51ddf8f.png
or flip Manure and Arse (or even put us 3rd and spuds 4th)
and we also win the Europa league
Arse is out, so is Manure
the only way a 5th team goes is if they finish outside the top 4 AND win the CL or EL
my doom scenario (we finish 4th and still no CL if Spuds and Arse finish 5th and 6th yet both win the CL an dEL) is almsot impossible at thsi point (Spuds will fuck that up)
Arse winning the EL and finishing 5th or 6th in the EPL simply puts hem into the CL as the 5th team, it doesnt knock us out
but I do NOT want those cunts in the CL at all
thus my desire to finish 4th or 3rd and also win the EL
We have the power in our hands, so we can't ask for more.

Lets not mess things up!

We never played open, attacking football under Ancelotti. We were efficient and ruthless that season but we never played a high defensive line, pressed high up the pitch, left the players exposed all the time.

So you are honestly trying to justify a record 103 goals and a record goal differential (only bested by Pep's City), wasn't a result of attacking football? 

giphy.gif

38 minutes ago, Jason said:

We haven't been a good defensive team since Mou's first season back bar isolated periods.

9 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

So you are honestly trying to justify a record 103 goals and a record goal differential (only bested by Pep's City), wasn't a result of attacking football? 

giphy.gif

You are right. Low line has fuck all to do with offensive or defensive game. You can also play defensivley adn have a high line