• Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Giroud
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

very frustrating game, so so many missed chances, and Sarri just killed it off when he pulled RLC

I would have much rather he brought in Higs for a one-shot match winner, as EF were spent and that evens it up versus Higs slow pace

OR

even went to that dreaded false nine with Eden replacing Giroud and ffs keeping RLC on

Kovacic is wuthless,

He should have brought in Barkley if he wasnt going to tinker with the formation and he was hellbent on pulling RLC (why I still do not know)

I understand why Sarri plays Alonso (the stupid thing was Sarri calling him the best LB or close to the best LB in Europe) as Emerson is shit too

but Kovacic is just not contributing anything

and fucking Sarri wants to sign him perm!!!

WTF

Looked disinterested as well, if anything. 
Hope that's solely down to Sarri not starting him. His words at the weekend painted a different picture.

Just now, LAM09 said:
10 minutes ago, Jason said:
Looked disinterested as well, if anything. 

Hope that's solely down to Sarri not starting him. His words at the weekend painted a different picture.

So, you're saying that he's upset over Sarri not starting him...?

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

1. Got into so many good positions but failed to make them count. WHY ARE WE SO BAD AT CONVERTING CHANCES?! 

2. Our corners are genuinely hopeless. Either can't beat the first man, cross into traffic 2-3 yards out from goal or play short corners that lead us to nowhere.

3. Speaking of corners, our defending at them is so bad. Were lucky that Frankfurt didn't punish us for it.

4. Why on earth did Sarri remove Loftus-Cheek from the end? We were in the ascendancy and Frankfurt were struggling to contain him but he took off the ONE threat that we had and settled for a draw. WHY?!

5. All that talk about Hazard not starting and he was near invisible after he came on. And oh, it's games like this that shows why Giroud will never be able to do it at the highest level. 

Our defending at set pieces is becoming nearly as worrying as our inability to convert chances.

Don't know how we failed to win tonight, against United and Burnley of course. If we won just two of these matches we would be now in situation not having to win next two games. But we have to... 

So, you're saying that he's upset over Sarri not starting him...?
I'm hoping that's the reason for such a poor showing in a semifinal.

We'll know on Sunday

Just now, LAM09 said:

I'm hoping that's the reason for such a poor showing in a semifinal.

We'll know on Sunday

That says a lot about him than anything or anyone else, TBH.

But at this point, I don't really care too much anymore. Top 4 or the Europa League...JUST BLOODY QUALIFY FOR THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE! :rant:

9 minutes ago, DDA said:

Have to say, bar a few stray passes Jorginho was excellent tonight. He tackled tirelessly and Kante too. 

where has THIS Jorginho been????

That is the massive systemic issue with all Brasilians. They are all (even at Neymar level) so inconsistent.

Éder Militão, Ederson, Alisson, Alex Telles, arguably Alex Sandro, and maybe Allan are only top 25 Brasilians who have played well all year.

That says a lot about him than anything or anyone else, TBH.
But at this point, I don't really care too much anymore. Top 4 or the Europa League...JUST BLOODY QUALIFY FOR THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE! :rant:
This is the same player that went AWOL for almost an entire season, man. We really shouldn't be surprised by alot of things that occur at the club.