• Kovacic
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Higuain
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

Not atall, just this constant hyping of every single one of our opponents is ridiculous.

There's a difference between being cautious and totally writing of our chances against a team below us who are on their worst run of form for generations.

Based on our current away form you can see why. We've played 7 away games this year and lost 5 of those.  And haven't beaten a top 6 away. Obviously things can change but this side are so unpredictable wouldn't surprise.

Wouldn't write of chances get think be more cautious if we go into half time 0-0 as we know what keeps happening with that. 

Hopefully we won't set a new record... 

10 hours ago, Pizy said:

People questioning whether they were too swift in giving Ole the job, their fans and even former players like GNev calling for a bunch of their players to be sold, in woeful form even worse than before Mou was sacked.

But watch Sarri's Chelsea stroll in there and provide the perfect medicine. 😒

We're big game bottlers this season. 

This team we have currently are full of complete shit houses, zero big game mentality what so ever.

I bet we play false 9 on Sunday and roll over and have our bellies tickled again.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

This team we have currently are full of complete shit houses, zero big game mentality what so ever.

I bet we play false 9 on Sunday and roll over and have our bellies tickled again.

I can understand the idea behind playing the false 9 against City and Liverpool, even if it didn't always work.

However this United team are there for the taking and we need to have a go at them. Ashley Young in particular looks abysmal at present and if Hazard is on his game he should get a lot of joy up against him.

The draw against Burnley has even more significance now because we could have lost this game and still been right in the hunt going into the last couple of games.

However, it's in our hands with 3 games to go. Just the place we could have hoped to be in a month or two ago. Sarri needs to play our strongest possible team now for the remaining league and Europa League games, no need for any more rotation now.

10 hours ago, Tomo said:

Not atall, just this constant hyping of every single one of our opponents is ridiculous.

There's a difference between being cautious and totally writing of our chances against a team below us who are on their worst run of form for generations.

Our record at Old Trafford is atrocious. Last win was 2013 and we even lost there during our league title wins. I don't care how shit United are, they always up their game at home against us and we somehow always manage to crumble. 

I just hope for our sake Rudiger is fit. Can't stand the sight of Lukaku embarrassing Christensen again. 

2 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Our record at Old Trafford is atrocious. Last win was 2013 and we even lost there during our league title wins. I don't care how shit United are, they always up their game at home against us and we somehow always manage to crumble. 

We might have last won at Old Trafford in 2012/13 but you made it sound as if we have lost every game there since then when in actual fact, we have drawn 3 and lost 2 at Old Trafford in 2012/13 (both losses came under Conte). Even when we were arguably worse in 2015/16, we got a 0-0 draw up there.

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

We might have last won at Old Trafford in 2012/13 but you made it sound as if we have lost every game there since then when in actual fact, we have drawn 3 and lost 2 at Old Trafford in 2012/13 (both losses came under Conte). Even when we were arguably worse in 2015/16, we got a 0-0 draw up there.

That is still atrocious when you consider how shit United have been during those years. Worse teams than us have gone there and won. 

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

That is still atrocious when you consider how shit United have been during those years. Worse teams than us have gone there and won. 

True but as you know, football doesn't always work out that simple, does it? We have not won at Man United since 2012/13 but in the same time period, we have won twice at Man City.

Plus, worse teams may have won at Old Trafford during the time that we have not but a one-off win can happen from time to time or out of nowhere. Pretty sure only City have consistently done well at OT in recent years.

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

But here’s the thing though. A draw at OT could mean 4th place is no longer in our hands.

Yes Arsenal can screw up again, but we are again leaving it to chance and relying on their opponents.

I'm not saying we will get the desired result at Old Trafford because like everyone else, I'm expecting us to lose away again.

Have always felt that the Europa League is our best chance of qualifying for the Champions League and think I still feel that way, although I don't know what to expect anymore from this team. Playing badly and can't attack properly are already bad enough and now, we can't even defend properly from basic situations. 

4 hours ago, Mana said:

Did you know that if we had beaten Burnley, our result at OT wouldn't had mattered and it'll still be in our hands?

Actually if we had beaten Burnley, we could afford a draw at United. Otherwise, a loss there plus an Arsenal win at Leicester would place them ahead of us on GD.

But since that didn't happen, we gotta go to Old Trafford and get a win, somehow...

43 minutes ago, Jason said:

True but as you know, football doesn't always work out that simple, does it? We have not won at Man United since 2012/13 but in the same time period, we have won twice at Man City.

Of course anything can happen, but what is more likely to happen? A one off win or another defeat/draw against a side we haven't beaten since 2013? 

Any rational person will chose the latter. 

You are a brave supporter if you bet cash on us defeating utd on sunday......that Burnley draw will most likely be the end of top 4 for us. If utd wins, which they are likely to do then they are right on us, all their games are at home if im not wrong.....as FA's chairman said 2 years ago, EPL need utd in top4, corrupt bastard. Expect a high press, expect we will get nothing by the refs and expect a dire second half where all our weaknesses and bad tactics/ motivation will be on full display once Again. Yes im negative for this match, Sarii has given us nothing to counter that sadly.

22 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

You are a brave supporter if you bet cash on us defeating utd on sunday......that Burnley draw will most likely be the end of top 4 for us. If utd wins, which they are likely to do then they are right on us, all their games are at home if im not wrong.....as FA's chairman said 2 years ago, EPL need utd in top4, corrupt bastard. Expect a high press, expect we will get nothing by the refs and expect a dire second half where all our weaknesses and bad tactics/ motivation will be on full display once Again. Yes im negative for this match, Sarii has given us nothing to counter that sadly.

I am far from that negative.

I think we win out and go on to grab top 4. Kante and Rudiger are going to be fit. Hell it could have been 3rd even if not for that 88th minute fucking Eriksen Spuds goal Tuesday night.

If Rudiger had played the whole game and Kante had not went off at H/T, we would have beaten Burnley. Manure are playing shambolic football atm. Eden has only 6 games (or 5 if we do not beat Frankfurt in the EL) left as a Chels player and I think he goes out with a bang.

I do not see Arse winning out, although I can see them winning the EL

We dodged a huge bullet when Sevilla was knocked out of the EL. They are on fire and I so would not rate us v them.

They just scored 5 goals in around half an hour in the game I just watched.

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I am far from that negative.

I think we win out and go on to grab top 4. Kante and Rudiger are going to be fit. Hell it could have been 3rd even if not for that 88th minute fucking Eriksen Spuds goal Tuesday night.

If Rudiger had played the whole game and Kante had not went off at H/T, we would have beaten Burnley. Manure are playing shambolic football atm. Eden has only 6 games (or 5 if we do not beat Frankfurt in the EL) left as a Chels player and I think he goes out with a bang.

I do not see Arse winning out, although I can see them winning the EL

We dodged a huge bullet when Sevilla was knocked out of the EL. They are on fire and I so would not rate us v them.

They just scored 5 goals in around half an hour in the game I just watched.

We just might you never know.......such is the inconsistentcies this season, theres no guarantees that we would have won even with Kante and Rudi, there been plenty games where we have faltered with them on or not, and yeah utd are horse crap atm, but we aint much better and its on their ground, they know they have us if they win and thus I expect them to give their best and hassle us all game. I have seen nothing under Sarii and this team to convince me just a bit that we will win on sunday, our away form is chaotic, nevermind its vs a big team. 3pts could do us wonders so lets hope we batter those bastards.

18 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Sevilla would have been dangerous for us but had we played them instead of Slavia Prague, they would have gone into the first leg on the back of 9 defeats in 20 games. Inconsistent as us, if anything.

7 hours ago, Mana said:

No one here is saying this United squad is good. What we are saying is that, despite them being awful we can easily still lose to them.

You have too much faith with our squad, who failed us last Monday. Who failed us at Everton. Who failed us at Bournemouth. Who failed us against Wolves.

Did you know that if we had beaten Burnley, our result at OT wouldn't had mattered and it'll still be in our hands?

As many people pointed out, our away form is woeful this year. Only Arsenal has it worse than us.

A lot of people here are saying United squad is pretty good. The team might lose to United, yes, but I'm saying is the manager has the obligation to make the team win this game against United.