• Kante
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Hazard
    • Higuain
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

Guess makes a change from the usual half of doing well and all looks hopeful then come out and bammm shit and more. 

Now we're dodgy against lower half teams and at home hurrah! 

4th won't happen. 3 games left and neither or them are easy. Not that Burnley was but but more straightforward on paper. Then again they needed the points.. Then again so did we. Not good enough for the Champions league. This is why there's such a huge gap between us and 2nd. Our play and quality has gone down down down

9 minutes ago, Vesper said:

that is not what you said on the original post of yours that kicked this all off

8e523d58bdd1fbfd362b92f813f67de0.png

you said we are not even making to to the Europa League

that is what I originally replied to

Its typo I meant Europa League Final not qualify for Europa, I dont want us qualifying for it again . 

1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

Meh. This lot in the champions league wouldve been to much. We don't deserve 4th and won't get it. 

Let them back in and did sod all 2nd half. 

Well we are at least on the same level as Spurs and they will most likely play CL final this season. CL is weird competition. 

3 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Well we are at least on the same level as Spurs and they will most likely play CL final this season. CL is weird competition. 

Yeah but they play CL football and will likely do it next year while we miss for second time in a row. 

Small difference but a big one actualy. Results are not even the worst. But our performances, we have become a joke. Arsenal mentality, but cant even get the 4th. 

1 hour ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Nah we are done! We cant even beat Burnley on our own patch and you expect us to get 9 points from Watford, Leicester and Man Utd?? Not happening. Even the Europa League is done, we conceded 3 goals against farmers on our own ground, no way we win 3 games in Europa with that current defence. 

Football doesn't work like that, we won the CL the same season an Alex McLeish infected Villa side took the piss out of us at Stamford Bridge.

Furthermore, Arsenal defeat at Molinaex and City win at Old Trafford it's in our hands.

1 hour ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Its typo I meant Europa League Final not qualify for Europa, I dont want us qualifying for it again . 

oh, oki

I just want CL for 2 reasons

the extra cash v EL

and even bigger

to fuck over Arse and Manure in transfer market (or spuds)

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

That doesn't answer why we didn't score in second half. 

Sorryball

plus CHO getting hurt and Pedro being shit 

even bigger was

Kante leaving game at HT with injury and Kovacic offering as much as Pedro, ie. fuckall

also

I thought it was STUPID to pull Higs, he was NOT that tired at all and looked dangerous all night

Sarri is a fucking bellend all-round

clueless ashtray

I know everyone hates Dyche, but I swear to god, put him as our manager from summer 2018, back him with steel-hard defensive players, not pussy cunts like Jorginho, give him a true target man like Cavani or Lewandowski (yes I know their ages) and we would be in 3rd by a mile

I like rock-ribbed ultra defensive with a viscous counter-attacking attacking heart. 2004-2006 Chels proper style

This sorryball shit has to go

Roman will NEVER dump the 500 to 600m gross spend (the board will not sell to help fund, they would rather rake in plazzy rent money from loan-abouts) to give us Barca/Shitty tika-taka demons

I am SO sick of being WEAK

it is embarrassing to our tradition (even before we went platinum level)

This team has no stamina.
They 're no good for the full 90 minutes against EPL opposition.
During the first half we created chances, scored two which is just about good enough. The defense made the two howlers so the first half ended in a draw, but there was lots of running, changing positions and shooting attempts.
But in the second half, no speed, static players bumping onto the first defender and the occasional cross.
It's not the absence of a quality centre forward to blame for that, nor is it the poor application of Sarri ball. It's running out of steam that causes it.
We did not lose 5-2 because Burnley could n't do more -only park the bass. Against superior opposition it was going to be 5-2.

8 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

This team has no stamina.
They 're no good for the full 90 minutes against EPL opposition.
During the first half we created chances, scored two which is just about good enough. The defense made the two howlers so the first half ended in a draw, but there was lots of running, changing positions and shooting attempts.
But in the second half, no speed, static players bumping onto the first defender and the occasional cross.
It's not the absence of a quality centre forward to blame for that, nor is it the poor application of Sarri ball. It's running out of steam that causes it.
We did not lose 5-2 because Burnley could n't do more -only park the bass. Against superior opposition it was going to be 5-2.

But how did we fight well against City for 120min then? 

Maybe we are not ready to press for 90min, but there is zero excuse to be tired straight after halftime.

And if you look the shape of our team, we looked very lively till we conceded 2nd. After that we just collapsed. Its impossible to be tired after 30min for these footballers.

If anything its mental/tactical problem, not physical. 

Chelsea's biggest problem in the last 5 years.., and the real reason why we have declined from being an elite club to one struggling to stay in the top 5 is the loss of our quality defensive line.

Regardless of the manager, or what kind of striker we have up front, our declining defense continues to cost us points and has steadily become worse over the past 5 years.

This is why we can no longer 'grind' out results.., this is why we are no longer a consistent threat in the big games.

Our back 4 is full of squad players at the moment. The one quality center back we had in Rudiger is now injured, and we have conceded 4 goals in two games since.

More than striker (which is a glaring problem),  I would fix our back 4 before anything.

9 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

But how did we fight well against City for 120min then? 

Maybe we are not ready to press for 90min, but there is zero excuse to be tired straight after halftime.

And if you look the shape of our team, we looked very lively till we conceded 2nd. After that we just collapsed. Its impossible to be tired after 30min for these footballers.

If anything its mental/tactical problem, not physical. 

This is happening most of the time, with exceptions like the 0-0 against City.
We made some useful moves after the 2-2 (the 24th minute) then gradually fizzled out.
It's both physical and mental problem.

Chelsea's biggest problem in the last 5 years.., and the real reason why we have declined from being an elite club to one struggling to stay in the top 5 is the loss of our quality defensive line.

Regardless of the manager, or what kind of striker we have up front, our declining defense continues to cost us points and has steadily become worse over the past 5 years.

This is why we can no longer 'grind' out results.., this is why we are no longer a consistent threat in the big games.

Our back 4 is full of squad players at the moment. The one quality center back we had in Rudiger is now injured, and we have conceded 4 goals in two games since.

More than striker (which is a glaring problem),  I would fix our back 4 before anything.