• Hudson-Odoi
    • Hazard
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Higuain (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

6 minutes ago, milka said:

Hazard - striker ?  VS  van dijk ? 

Bad  solution .

Great solution IMO. Van Dijk rules the air like a fucking boss, it would be pointless to try to beat him with Giroud or Higuain, he is better than that. But on the grass Hazard can drive him crazy if he got space.

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Well tbf I'd rather have full back on the bench then two strikers and we all know he won't use both. 

Yeah, that's a bit strange. What if Azpi or Emerson got injured? Bring in Christensen and use Rüdi there? Might work but if the defense is working it would be a shame to twist it that much.

15 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Yeah, that's a bit strange. What if Azpi or Emerson got injured? Bring in Christensen and use Rüdi there? Might work but if the defense is working it would be a shame to twist it that much.

Otherwise liking the line-up, false 9 can work well if executed right like demonstrated against City a couple of times. But subs I don't get, why 2 strikers if he never uses 2? If one (or both) of our full-backs gets blown out, we have no cover and no, I have no confidence in Rüdi or AC performing there as they are too slow for their wingers and full-backs.

6 minutes ago, manpe said:

Otherwise liking the line-up, false 9 can work well if executed right like demonstrated against City a couple of times. But subs I don't get, why 2 strikers if he never uses 2? If one (or both) of our full-backs gets blown out, we have no cover and no, I have no confidence in Rüdi or AC performing there as they are too slow for their wingers and full-backs.

I think he could also play Kante or Kovacic as emergency fullback. But yeah you are right, it's a bit weird having no genuine fullback on the bench

33 minutes ago, Vesper said:

hmmm, false 9

well, let's hope for the best

I'm shocked - it's the best lineup against them IMHO but I never thought Sarri would have the balls to play it?

Maybe that's what's been wrong- its Sarri balls that have been letting the side down, not the players 😁😁😁

Must have been an Italian/English translation issue 👍