• Kante
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Willian
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Hazard
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Higuain (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

The only positive today was RLC, Odio & Emerson starting... And the first 15-20 mins of the game where Chelsea played really well. Rest of it was just bad. 

I seriously dont understand Hazard as striker/false 9 or whatever it is called ahead of someone like Giroud. You have big strong physically players in the center which will cut off Hazard and that is what they did. There was this one very distinct moment I remember in the first half i guess ... Hazard has the ball and there are 4 players around him with no one else around and he doesnt has anywhere to go. Getting in Higuain as the change ... WHY??? U need a physically presence to see off the opposition and Sarri gets in someone who is just a lost cause right now. We played badly in the second half, it was like we lost out our determination once we went back in the dressing room. Emerson was bad, Odio was average, Hazard was cut off from doing anything, Kante slogged ... we were bad and got what we deserved. 

2 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

If all of Liverpool's chance had gone in the final score would have been 9-2. You can't start without a striker ;

(1) against the team with the best defense in the league

(2) the false 9 barely ever works. Hazard is no striker.

(3) you can't inhibit your best player

(4) you simply don't change tactics like that when you're experiencing your best form in some time

I was dreading it when I saw the lineup. My interest level in the game took a dive when I saw Hazard was playing out of position again.

To the contrary we beat Man City earlier in the season with F9 and also gave them a tough time in Wembley using the same formation. We lost 6 - 0 playing with a striker, once things don't go well, we all know better. We lost to a better team with better tactics on the day. Sarri is not perfect but 14 managers before weren't, a Chelsea manager can never get it right when the loses. 

I have more and more faith in Sarri, and no, that's not sarcasm.

CHO really doesn't look ready for top opponents, and he was even worse before, hence why he didn't play. RLC looks better, but he was injured 3 times through season which interrupted his progress.

Emerson is better than Alonso, but not that much better.

And it made sense to play false-9 versus Liverpool, given the form of Higuain.

Can't complain about man one bit, I think we played good, but Liverpool on Anfield is really tough for everyone this season.

This game was so hard to watch, the only good thing about Sarri is he's playing the youth... That's it! We've got great young and first team strikers but we go with a False 9 against Liverpool. It works when it does and then stop using it when it doesn't.

As our fantastic Dan said:

15 minutes ago, y10edn said:

I wish Sarri had that foreknowledge and also knew Rudiger will get injured, Odoi won't turn up, Salah would score a wonder goal.

I also wish he had the knowledge of our fans. By the sound of it, Sarri is an imbecile to not know that starting a ST would of all of a sudden turn our vulnerable defence and midfield into the Chelsea of old.  

Leicester and United are winnable looking at their form. The last few games have been very positive for us moving forward even if we lost today. Try to win our last 4 games and see what happens, we can still get Top 4.

11 minutes ago, Nicco said:

Leicester and United are winnable looking at their form. The last few games have been very positive for us moving forward even if we lost today. Try to win our last 4 games and see what happens, we can still get Top 4.

That's all we can do. Even if we win its out of our hands.. Gotta hope for points drops.. Starting with arsenal tommorow.  We have 4 games to go.. They have 6

2 hours ago, y10edn said:

To the contrary we beat Man City earlier in the season with F9 and also gave them a tough time in Wembley using the same formation. We lost 6 - 0 playing with a striker, once things don't go well, we all know better. We lost to a better team with better tactics on the day. Sarri is not perfect but 14 managers before weren't, a Chelsea manager can never get it right when the loses. 

To the contrary we lost at HOME against Leicester playing Hazard as a false 9.I'm sure you've already forgotten about that.  "We lot 6-0 with a striker" . We beat Liverpool at Anfield earlier this season with  a striker and outplayed them at home before they got lucky with a Sturridge goal late on.

Just stop with the bull and accept Sarri was clueless with his false 9 garbage.

2 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

To the contrary we lost at HOME against Leicester playing Hazard as a false 9.I'm sure you've already forgotten about that.  "We lot 6-0 with a striker" . We beat Liverpool at Anfield earlier this season with  a striker and outplayed them at home before they got lucky with a Sturridge goal late on.

Just stop with the bull and accept Sarri was clueless with his false 9 garbage.

False 9 mean that he does not trust hazard in defense and we dont have good strike. That is a reality. If we have an ubdroppable striker, there is no way we won't play him. 

3 minutes ago, communicate said:

False 9 mean that he does not trust hazard in defense and we dont have good strike. That is a reality. If we have an ubdroppable striker, there is no way we won't play him. 

How many big teams worry about not trusting their best attacker in defense. Messi, Neymar, Salah, Mbappe dont even track back as much as Hazard. Sarri is a clown and let those wankers pick up 3 easy points and a chance at a title. I agree if we had a good striker he will play him but that's no excuse not to start Giroud or Higauin in this game.

Just now, MrExcalibur100 said:

How many big teams worry about not trusting their best attacker in defense. Messi, Neymar, Salah, Mbappe dont even track back as much as Hazard. Sarri is a clown and ruined Hazard's last visit to Anfield. I agree if we had a good striker he will play him but that's no excuse not to start Giroud or Higauin in this game.

You have to watch barca, psg and pool to understand how they keep their balance. Pool front 3,all of them are really2 good at pressing both as a unit and as a group. So it does not matter they play In our team only Willian and maybe Pedro is good at pressing. But you can see the amount of outrage in this tram when Willian or Pedro play.

Tuchel change to 343 this season to accommodate their front 3, because he has 3 ubdroppable player. That is the reality of we have our Diego Costa instead of Higuain/Giroud he won't get dropped against pool. 

5 hours ago, El P. said:

I have more and more faith in Sarri, and no, that's not sarcasm.

CHO really doesn't look ready for top opponents, and he was even worse before, hence why he didn't play. RLC looks better, but he was injured 3 times through season which interrupted his progress.

Emerson is better than Alonso, but not that much better.

And it made sense to play false-9 versus Liverpool, given the form of Higuain.

Can't complain about man one bit, I think we played good, but Liverpool on Anfield is really tough for everyone this season.

Sarri needs to figure out what he wants from this team.

If he wants pragmatic performance, then he can forget about Jorginho in first 11. 

If he wants attacking football, then he must never put Hazard in false 9 ever again because he is nowhere near as dangerous there.

Most importantly he needs to make this team actualy play when we have possesion, not just pass around. And he needs to implement his style against any opponent. Variety yes, but not such extreme change like today by parking the bus and not even trying to play until being 2 down.

All this can be achieved with current team, getting better players will bring better results, but core style can be implemented already and Sarri didnt suceed at it so far.

40 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Sarri needs to figure out what he wants from this team.

If he wants pragmatic performance, then he can forget about Jorginho in first 11. 

If he wants attacking football, then he must never put Hazard in false 9 ever again because he is nowhere near as dangerous there.

Most importantly he needs to make this team actualy play when we have possesion, not just pass around. And he needs to implement his style against any opponent. Variety yes, but not such extreme change like today by parking the bus and not even trying to play until being 2 down.

All this can be achieved with current team, getting better players will bring better results, but core style can be implemented already and Sarri didnt suceed at it so far.

Wait I thought you want a flexible manager. To play football against pool team is a very dumb idea, worse than against City unless you have a very good team. Even city change their buildup to be very conservative against pool.