test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   6 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

    • Kepa
      0
    • Rudiger
      0
    • Luiz
      0
    • Emerson
      0
    • Jorginho
      0
    • Kante
      2
    • Loftus-Cheek
      1
    • Willian
      1
    • Hudson-Odoi
      1
    • Hazard
      1
    • Christensen (sub)
      0
    • Higuain (sub)
      0
    • Barkley (sub)
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

397 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, El P. said:

I have more and more faith in Sarri, and no, that's not sarcasm.

CHO really doesn't look ready for top opponents, and he was even worse before, hence why he didn't play. RLC looks better, but he was injured 3 times through season which interrupted his progress.

Emerson is better than Alonso, but not that much better.

And it made sense to play false-9 versus Liverpool, given the form of Higuain.

Can't complain about man one bit, I think we played good, but Liverpool on Anfield is really tough for everyone this season.

Sarri needs to figure out what he wants from this team.

If he wants pragmatic performance, then he can forget about Jorginho in first 11. 

If he wants attacking football, then he must never put Hazard in false 9 ever again because he is nowhere near as dangerous there.

Most importantly he needs to make this team actualy play when we have possesion, not just pass around. And he needs to implement his style against any opponent. Variety yes, but not such extreme change like today by parking the bus and not even trying to play until being 2 down.

All this can be achieved with current team, getting better players will bring better results, but core style can be implemented already and Sarri didnt suceed at it so far.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Sarri needs to figure out what he wants from this team.

If he wants pragmatic performance, then he can forget about Jorginho in first 11. 

If he wants attacking football, then he must never put Hazard in false 9 ever again because he is nowhere near as dangerous there.

Most importantly he needs to make this team actualy play when we have possesion, not just pass around. And he needs to implement his style against any opponent. Variety yes, but not such extreme change like today by parking the bus and not even trying to play until being 2 down.

All this can be achieved with current team, getting better players will bring better results, but core style can be implemented already and Sarri didnt suceed at it so far.

Wait I thought you want a flexible manager. To play football against pool team is a very dumb idea, worse than against City unless you have a very good team. Even city change their buildup to be very conservative against pool.

 

El P. and DYC. like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I also wish he had the knowledge of our fans. By the sound of it, Sarri is an imbecile to not know that starting a ST would of all of a sudden turn our vulnerable defence and midfield into the Chelsea of old.  
All he had to do was look at our earlier fixture at Anfield - https://www.flashscores.co.uk/match/6eW2pS7j/#match-summary

Is that a useless CF starting and us actually getting the job done?
Johnnyeye and Laylabelle like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, communicate said:

I don't understand some people here. We went to anfield, created a couple of very good chances with Hazard which he should have scored. Got beaten by class goal by salah and mane. 

We played Cho who is clearly not ready to play against this kind of team. Watch how he defend and watch Willian. But that is not important, he is young bla2.

We had a chance to come back.
Saleh was lucky. This shot is once in a lifetime. Why could n't Willian score in the first half with his effort ?

But seriously it's not only yesterday's match that  we are complaining about.
Since 2015 with the exception of the Antonio break things are not going well. Three awful seasons - one good.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

If he wants pragmatic performance, then he can forget about Jorginho in first 11. 

Why? Except Kante, Jorginho is doing the most of our defensive work from midfield, he is really ok defensively. Or you think Kovačić is significantly better?

He tried to deploy more balanced side, and our strikers made him that choice easy. Willian instead of Higuain also gives much more cover at the back.

You don't need to go all-out-attack, or all-out-defense, man wanted to put balanced side, and he did it really good. We played against side which will finish league with 95+ points, on their stadium, and if we had a bit more luck with Hazard scoring or them NOT scoring two goals in 3 minutes to somewhat kill us off, draw could have been obtained.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember the old Chelsea? They were the side that, no matter what else was going on, turned up for the big occasions.

That included the Steven Gerrard slip, that night at the Nou Camp and even last year's FA Cup final with Antonio Conte heading out the door. Now, after losing to Liverpool, they have lost their last six away Premier League matches against fellow 'big six' opponents, conceding 16 goals across those defeats.

More than anything, that is what Maurizio Sarri is struggling to cope with as Blues boss. Chelsea have lost their big game mentality.

bigbluewillie and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, milka said:

Remember the old Chelsea? They were the side that, no matter what else was going on, turned up for the big occasions.

That included the Steven Gerrard slip, that night at the Nou Camp and even last year's FA Cup final with Antonio Conte heading out the door. Now, after losing to Liverpool, they have lost their last six away Premier League matches against fellow 'big six' opponents, conceding 16 goals across those defeats.

More than anything, that is what Maurizio Sarri is struggling to cope with as Blues boss. Chelsea have lost their big game mentality.

Lol Gerard slip was a game where we have nothing to play. It was not a big game at all. 

 

 

El P. likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Double edge disappointment really, the fact I hate them more than any other club, their fans and their players. To compound that they are still challenging for the league and CL, it fucking kills me.

I couldn't watch that yesterday, I despise the commentators constantly licking their arses, they can do now wrong FC.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, milka said:

Remember the old Chelsea? They were the side that, no matter what else was going on, turned up for the big occasions.

That included the Steven Gerrard slip, that night at the Nou Camp and even last year's FA Cup final with Antonio Conte heading out the door. Now, after losing to Liverpool, they have lost their last six away Premier League matches against fellow 'big six' opponents, conceding 16 goals across those defeats.

More than anything, that is what Maurizio Sarri is struggling to cope with as Blues boss. Chelsea have lost their big game mentality.

This is really really not true. I remember many many big games with Conte and Mourinho where we were really not up to it. UCL k-o games against Atletico and PSG especially, not to mention 2015-16 season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, communicate said:

Lol Gerard slip was a game where we have nothing to play. It was not a big game at all. 

 

 

Yep but see this players . Mourinho tactical mastermind this match .

 

Schwarzer

 

Azpilicueta

Ivanovic

Kalas

Ashley Cole

 

Mikel

Matic

Lampard

 

Salah

Schurrle

Demba Ba

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Against top 6 away... Played six, lost six, conceded 17 and scored 2

Great! 

Did we play against ourselves? :shifty:

Still, we got the idea. Lost all away games against the top 6. Arsenal mentality.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

absolute scum those scouser fans, i hope to God City wins the league and end this scouser charade.

Nine year old disabled Chelsea fan had to receive medical treatment. Doubtless the vermin will say it was a Chelsea fan that threw it and the flare was blue.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Double edge disappointment really, the fact I hate them more than any other club, their fans and their players. To compound that they are still challenging for the league and CL, it fucking kills me.

I couldn't watch that yesterday, I despise the commentators constantly licking their arses, they can do now wrong FC.

 

I'm with you buddy, I had the sound off from the very beginning, just knew what the biased scouse cunts on commentary would being saying.

then we had the chanting incident about salah.

then of all the times and occasions they decide to trot out the fucking hillsborough for this match.

All the fucking stuff to undermind us, god I fucking hate the scouse cunts, me avatar says that though:D

Starman60 and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bigbluewillie said:

I'm with you buddy, I had the sound off from the very beginning, just knew what the biased scouse cunts on commentary would being saying.

then we had the chanting incident about salah.

then of all the times and occasions they decide to trot out the fucking hillsborough for this match.

All the fucking stuff to undermind us, god I fucking hate the scouse cunts, me avatar says that though:D

I watched the news this morning and as Salah pings into the top corner Carragher lets out this mighty yell...I mean what the fuck is that all about?

bigbluewillie and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.