• Loftus-Cheek
    • Willian
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Hazard
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Higuain (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

He speaks English just fine. If he can't convey it, he has Zola to help do so.

Ancelotti's and Conte's English were worse than Sarri's when they first joined and both got on just fine.

You are probably right esp with Zola in the mix. Still likely not the same when he needs to address a player directly, other than Jorginho and higuain.

my personal take is that he’s definitely not a quack. Not a fan of his tactics, but that’s his prerogative. The squad is not good enough to play in this style, which prob makes him the wrong choice as manager - hardly his fault.

3 minutes ago, bakayokofan said:

Implementing a style does not mean you can't be pragmatic. Klopp has had 3/4 years now. Sarri barely one year. Trying to go toe to toe against pool would have been stupid and almost as bad as etihad.

We were in the game, and we could very well have at least drawn it. We were beaten by a better team and by one of he goals of the season. 

Point is you have to go toe to toe if we want to play attacking football. 

We lose now, maybe next time, but you turn it around. Exactly what Pool did compared to past seasons. Or you never learn from the mistakes.

You have to be bold to change style. 

Or you can be pragmatic and not give a shit about style like we did in the past. 

Sarri is somewhere in the middle. We dont win, we dont play entertaining. We dont evolve. This whole season looks a mess.

I doubt just adding players will make us significantly better. Because in the end you need a team to win stuff and Sarri proven time and time again he cant make a team out of 11 players on field.

Just now, BlueLyon said:

We lose now, maybe next time, but you turn it around. Exactly what Pool did compared to past seasons. Or you never learn from the mistakes.

Or you can be pragmatic and not give a shit about style like we did in the past. 

Sarri is somewhere in the middle. We dont win, we dont play entertaining. We dont evolve. This whole season looks a mess.

I doubt just adding players will make us significantly better. Because in the end you need a team to win stuff and Sarri proven time and time again he cant make a team out of 11 players on field.

Klopp has played a loooot of games defensively. If you go back to the pool city game, that was a classic game.

Also, going toe to toe is the right approach when you are on the same level. We and pool are not, at this moment. They are a level above us. 

We have seen what happens when managers don't adapt to the opposition, and simply put out the same team. They get wengered.

4 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

That's it. This is the side who lost 4-0 to Bournemouth... Wolves.. Whoever else. None of it is entertaining and we came close to losing to Cardiff! 

10 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

That Salah goal was a kick in the bollocks and could have happened to anyone.

The killer was Hazard missing those 2 chances when he did. They were akin to a defensive mistake. 

What about all the chances Liverpool had to score? If they took most of their chances today, it would have been a slaughter. I always find it amusing how every shot on target we get is a huge chance missed in these big games. That says a lot about the type of percentage football and the minimal big chances we actually create in such games.

11 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

That Salah goal was a kick in the bollocks and could have happened to anyone.

The killer was Hazard missing those 2 chances when he did. They were akin to a defensive mistake. 

Is it a coincidence that Hazard had his worst game in ages and the fact that we played that turgid false nine for first 56 minutes? Me thinks not.

Even with dodgy Gonzalo on, Eden came alive, but could not deliver the goods.

Sarri is a joke. Not backing off that. He is out of his depth.

3 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

What about all the chances Liverpool had to score? If they took most of their chances today, it would have been a slaughter. I always find it amusing how every shot on target we get is a huge chance missed in these big games. That says a lot about the type of percentage football and the minimal big chances we actually create in such games.

It was an away game at Anfield. Losing at Anfield right now is not a terrible result, but if we’re honest most of us expected it. As percentage chance go there, they should have been taken.

All we need now is Henrique, like others suddenly appearing when we lose.

Just now, Vesper said:

Is it a coincidence that Hazard had his worst game in ages and the fact that we played that turgid false nine for first 56 minutes? Me thinks not.

Even with dodgy Gonzalo on, Eden came alive, but could not deliver the goods.

Sarri is a joke. Not backing off that. He is out of his depth.

Playing a false 9 is bollox, Spain have done it and Chelsea have done it and it´s nonsense, and not helping is the coming out asleep in second halves, neither Conte or Sarri have seemed to manage to do anything about that -think it's been that way since JT has gone.

3 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

It was an away game at Anfield. Losing at Anfield right now is not a terrible result, but if we’re honest most of us expected it. As percentage chance go there, they should have been taken.

All we need now is Henrique, like others suddenly appearing when we lose.

This is why the whole we haven't lost there in years meant so little or feel with confidence. We haven't beaten a top side away so no shock. We hadn't lost 4-0 in years then we lost 6-0 a few weeks after.  You knew soon we went in 0-0 we'd lose... And look. 

Wouldn't be so terrible if wasn't the yap yap yap hype yap. Minutes of costly madness and we all knew salah would score. For all his crisis blahhh he's joint top scorer so who knows what's that's about. I'd love us to have that crisis! 

Cant wait for this season to end. Been so frustrating. 

4 minutes ago, bakayokofan said:

Klopp has played a loooot of games defensively. If you go back to the pool city game, that was a classic game.

Also, going toe to toe is the right approach when you are on the same level. We and pool are not, at this moment. They are a level above us. 

We have seen what happens when managers don't adapt to the opposition, and simply put out the same team. They get wengered.

We are getting Wengered already mate.

I remember Tottenham, City, Pool etc go toe to toe with us in many many matches and getting the result, even if we were the better side on paper. They didnt get scared. 

The two top teams that play bunker on regular basis were atletico and Chelsea. After Sarri arrived, I expected some heavy defeats, but I thought our attack will become more connected and creative. It didnt. 

And not just against the big sides. We played some shite sides with all the possesion in the world, but we couldnt do anything.

If anything we have regressed even more this season.

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

I remember Tottenham, City, Pool etc go toe to toe with us in many many matches and getting the result, even if we were the better side on paper. They didnt get scared. 

The two top teams that play bunker on regular basis were atletico and Chelsea. After Sarri arrived, I expected some heavy defeats, but I thought our attack will become more connected and creative. It didnt. 

And not just against the big sides. We played some shite sides with all the possesion in the world, but we couldnt do anything.

That's the problem. So many games we've had 60 70 odd and lost! That's why we're where we are cause been so piss poor going forward.. And sometimes defensively.. Odd spark but a lot of the time all mehhh

3 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

If you are talking about the season, then on merit, sarri deserved a sack, specially knowing that others have got it for way less.

But let's just talk about this game.

I am sorry but I can't agree with it. Yes we got wengered because we foolishly tried to go toe to toe with the likes of spurs and city. Don't forget that we beat city once using "bunker ball" and took them to penalties in another in a match where we probably deserved the win.

Spurs, arsenal and pool might have gone toe to toe when we were the better side, but care to tell me what do they have to show for it aside from a one off win here and there? 

We do have problems, hell we have lots and lots of them. Player capability, transfer ban, player retention, manager etc etc, 

But sarri has shown a lot of positives at least for me. Adapting to the situation, trusting youth being the top 2 of those.

But I feel there is a basic difference in expectation between us. I wanted and expected a defensive performance, and honestly thought we played well. Again, we easily could have made it 2-2. Both of their goals were fantastic.

On the other hand, you wanted us to play our brand of football, so I can understand your frustration. 

9 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Still, cheer up, Tiger Woods just put in a fantastic performance :offtopic:

Are you suggesting we all should give up on football and start watching golf instead? ;):) 

come on if arsenal fans could do it, we can too! Embrace and cherish mediocrity! :) True fans support mediocre squads.