• Loftus-Cheek
    • Willian
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Hazard
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Higuain (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

If we're talking on a general level, sure, Liverpool are better than us but in this game, they didn't exactly play lights out football, did they? We were coping well against them, restricted them to few clear cut chances but as always, we just went AWOL at the start of the second half and collapsed at the slightest bit of pressure (seriously, what does Sarri say to the players at half time?!). :doh: 

Exactly what was said.. Started well and look at what happened against Everton.. And then it happened again. 

I see a lot of people claiming that Sarri got the game plan "right" in the 1st half because it was only 0-0. First off, how far we have fallen. Secondly, its simply not true.

Nothing about "Sarri-ball" was seen in the 1st half.

We couldn't deal with their press as we couldnt pass out from the back.

Sarri had no answer to Jorginho getting man marked

We couldn't build any attacks of note.

Hazard could barely get into the game and was contesting balls with centre backs. He was getting crowded out.

Liverpool were the better team in the 1st half contrary to what Ashley Cole said. It was only a matter of time before their pressure told.

Sarri didn't get anything right. In one of Hazard's last games for the club and a chance to deny these bastards the title, he fucks it up with his insane false 9 fantasy. Someone needs to tell him he's not Guardiola and never will be.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

If we're talking on a general level, sure, Liverpool are better than us but in this game, they didn't exactly play lights out football, did they? We were coping well against them, restricted them to few clear cut chances but as always, we just went AWOL at the start of the second half and collapsed at the slightest bit of pressure (seriously, what does Sarri say to the players at half time?!). :doh: 

Or doesn’t say. Always wondered how much a barrier language can be for him.

we contained them in the first half with a very defensive approach. Imo it was prob the right one. I don’t like hazard as false 9 bc finishing isn’t his best attribute, so we diminish him. He still hit the post, unlucky. The second one was poor finishing tho.

what to do? Start higuain or giroud in tough away matches? They won’t get a touch. Not mobile enough.

6 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

The fuck are you lot on about that we cant compete with them tonight?

We played miles and miles better with SAME team back in october (?). Same applies to City games. 

If anything we turned much worse ever since. 

Barkley is average, not even good for the bench. Christensen and Jorginho are simply too weak for PL. They play in physical positions and they have strength of a 13 year old, so unless they bulk up, they are complete liability for our defense. 

If we can, a striker, new DM and LCM (to rotate with RLC) are absolute must asap. 

We can compete, but definitely not tonight.

One team played like a title chaser, and the other played like a team just trying to sneak into top 4. Our indifferent form following that City game last year led us to this.

Chelsea, I thought played well, especially after getting rid of the false 9 formation..but a title chasing Chelsea and Hazard would have definitely buried those second half chances.

Face it, everything was against us in this game, from the stupid commentators to the media to the crowd. The Salah goal was spectacular.   We were part of some one else's narrative today, so let's just forget about this game and focus on the remaining PL and Europa games. I just hope Rudiger is back again soon.

Overall Liverpool is above us, but we could do much better tonight.

United is on same level as us though, but I bet we will look clueless again. "Sarriball" apparently, but they will roll all over us until they score and then we will wake up for a bit, Sarri brings on Barkley and another defeat.

I have nothing against a loss if that means development for the future and brings positive to the whole picture. What was positive here? Where were hints of "Sarriball" that will bring us to next level? Klopp was in same boat in the beggining, but at least he played entertaining football and while their defence was shite, they had clear plan forward and needed reinforcements at the back. We play like crap bar couple games and we still lose left and right or barely scrap one goal wins.

We are shit in everything. No attack plan, except for pass it to Hazard. No defensive stability because as soon they press us harder, we look completely clueless. Midfield is nonexistent and lacks any dynamic or creativity. 

We played conte esque bunker tonight. Almost whole season after Sarri arrival. Where is any development of better playstyle? And dont tell me we dont have players because Klopp managed to play entertaining football with Henderson, Moreno, Wijnaldum and other "average" players. 

Last but not least, for a football under attacking manager, i havent seen such shite attacking organisation. Forget the goals or wins. Check Guardiola, Klopp even in their first seasons etc when they attack, there is chance left and right. When we attack, we manage to do it for 5-10 min and thats it. Then all creativity, determination just dissapears and we rely on individual quality in Hazard.

When he leaves, we are fucked for at least 2 seasons.

(And this isnt just based on tonight performance, but whole season). 

All Sarri "realised" is that we apparently cant compete with top dogs unless we park the bus. Duh, we knew that years now. But he was brought to create attacking football. I would understand loss after loss if our phylosophy actualy developed on pitch, if we became more connected in attack, but there is zero improvement since november and we play even worse than first couple months.

Guess if they win the title that whole slip thing be long forgotten... Maybe not for Gerrard. 

Difference is Jose has a plan. Don't know what Sarri's plan is anymore but not exactly working. Not attacking. Not doing much impressive. 

Just now, Laylabelle said:

Guess if they win the title that whole slip thing be long forgotten... Maybe not for Gerrard. 

Difference is Jose has a plan. Don't know what Sarri's plan is anymore but not exactly working 

Difference was Steven Gerrard gave us a goal. We also had Terry, Lampard, Cech, and Cole. 

3 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Bottom line, and there's no getting away from it we're lacking a decent striker and have for quite a while now.

The one reason for me to be angry at Conte.

We struggled a lot to get a lethal striker like Costa after going through old Eto', injured Torres, Pato,etc.. And he just gets rid of him without giving much thought

4 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Difference was Steven Gerrard gave us a goal. We also had Terry, Lampard, Cech, and Cole. 

We also use to be capable of going a goal down and coming back. This season we haven't got that.. Cardiff we came back against. Think before that it was the cup game against Liverpool.  So this result is no shock. 

2 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Or doesn’t say. Always wondered how much a barrier language can be for him.

Really? We're using language as an excuse now?

2 minutes ago, Robchels said:

we contained them in the first half with a very defensive approach. Imo it was prob the right one. I don’t like hazard as false 9 bc finishing isn’t his best attribute, so we diminish him. He still hit the post, unlucky. The second one was poor finishing tho.

what to do? Start higuain or giroud in tough away matches? They won’t get a touch. Not mobile enough.

Agree, Higuain and Giroud are just not good enough but ironically, all those Hazard came when he went to the left side after Higuain came on. 

1 minute ago, Laylabelle said:

We also use to be capable of going a goal down and coming back. This season we haven't got that.. Cardiff we came back against. Think before that it was the cup game against Liverpool.  So this result is no shock. 

A lack of leadership directly contributes to poor mentality in teams. 

17 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

yes but CHO today was an absolute zero. emerson too. kovacic is worse than jorginho in every aspects imho.

the only good players of this squad are rudiger kante RLC and hazard. all the rest is a mount of average players 

CHO is not going to be a world beater every game, especially at 18, played for shit up until the past few games,  and when he is played at RW, where his strength is beat-the-man crossing (with false nine he has no targets)

the only players I would keep (in a perfect world)

are

Kepa

Rudiger

Ampadu

Emerson (backup only)

Azpi maybe (backup only)

Reece James

Kante

RLC

Eden

CHO

Tammy (see one last time if he can play in the EPL, if not, BYE BYE)

the rest need to go go go whilst we can still get cash (Luiz is gone, we are mad if we give him the 3 year extension he demands)

BUT, due to the bans and the incredible cock-ups of last two summers, we are fucked

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Really? We're using language as an excuse now?

Agree, Higuain and Giroud are just not good enough but ironically, all those Hazard came when he went to the left side after Higuain came on. 

You mistake me for a sarri fan. On the other hand he gets criticized regardless of what he does. Lacking the footballers lingo in English must affect his ability to connect with players me thinks.

not surprising since hazard moved to his best position, snd higuain attracted defenders.