test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   6 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Rudiger
    • Luiz
    • Emerson
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Willian
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Hazard
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Higuain (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

397 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Jason said:

Record vs Big 6 away:

L 1-3 Spurs

L 0-2 Arsenal

L 0-6 Man City

L 0-2 Liverpool

Freaking Wolves have a better record against those lot!

Yep.. Not even fluke 1-0 losses either! 

Once they score we're done. We don't do well coming back against any side. 

Johnnyeye likes this

Not sure why people are getting all worked up over this result. We shouldn't have been banking on this game against a title chasing team to get into top 4 in the first place. And frankly the result has not taught us anything new. If at all it just taught some fans that CHO is not going to be 'THE solution' for us in the future. At least, not immediately.

Liverpool are superior at the moment. Yes false 9 was a gamble for this game, taking in-form Hazard out of his best position and that backfired, but that's something Sarri had to do accommodate both CHO and Willian, who in all fairness was superior to CHO in this game.

I was already expecting this result. To me the league is still not done for us yet. As long as we don't throw away points till we get to the Old Trafford game we still have a chance. Then everything depends on that game.

Hope they don't do something foolish and throw all eggs into the Europa league basket, which will boil down to the outcome of one game (the final) should we even make it there,

Robchels likes this

maybe sarri started with false nine because he wanted to lose
He started with it to contain a team that have been full of nerves for weeks. 2-0 without a CF, 0-0 with Higuain on the pitch.

If the original plan doesn't work, he needs to be held accountable.
Vesper and Johnnyeye like this

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

no

I have posted my thoughts on this a hundred times on the board

the squad needs to be liquidated save around 10 players

the only thing I am saying is based off what we do have now, is that Kovacic would be the better option there

Jorginho has utterly collapsed as an effective EPL player

weak, naive, poor in distribution, defence, positioning, tackling, shooting

the full monty of shit

I dont often make absolute statements

but literally ANYONE who thinks Jorginho is up to this level of play

is insane

he has been exposed for months

as big a bust as Bakayoko

he is just a teachers pet by the old smoker

only reason he is on the pitch

I want Sarri and Jorginho the fuck off our team

poison to hopes and dreams of any sustained glory

yes but CHO today was an absolute zero. emerson too. kovacic is worse than jorginho in every aspects imho.

the only good players of this squad are rudiger kante RLC and hazard. all the rest is a mount of average players 

Robchels likes this

False 9? no one complained about the poor performance of Odoi. If Hazards 2 chances have gone in, the song here would have been totally different. What else do you want the manager to do? he started Emerson, Loftus and Odoi. If he had dropped Odoi for Hazard and played Giroud or Higuain what exactly do you think will be different. `The 2 strikers are poor to say the least. 

Pound for Pound Liverpool are a a better team and squad than we have, we have been playing snatch and grab for about 6 seasons with more good than bad result, the difference now is that other clubs have improved immensely whilst we have deteriorated badly. This manager was appointed less than a month to the season, inheriting a poor squad and most of the additions have been poor not due to his fault alone.

we suffering from years of mistake in the transfer policy, not Sarri. can Klop or Pep do better than this squad?

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Not even angry or annoyed, really. Liverpool are a class above us right now so we were never going to come here and win when they're absolutely desperate to win.

For weeks if not months we've known that it's all about the EL. Hope for the best in the PL but hope is all it is.

The thing that really pisses me off is how just a couple of years ago we were laughing at and making fun of Liverpool. We were miles ahead of them. In such a short time they've eclipsed us and can laugh at us instead. And the gap will likely get bigger once Eden leaves.

If we're talking on a general level, sure, Liverpool are better than us but in this game, they didn't exactly play lights out football, did they? We were coping well against them, restricted them to few clear cut chances but as always, we just went AWOL at the start of the second half and collapsed at the slightest bit of pressure (seriously, what does Sarri say to the players at half time?!). :doh: 

Muzchap, Starman60 and Johnnyeye like this

Just now, y10edn said:

False 9? no one complained about the poor performance of Odoi. If Hazards 2 chances have gone in, the song here would have been totally different. What else do you want the manager to do? he started Emerson, Loftus and Odoi. If he had dropped Odoi for Hazard and played Giroud or Higuain what exactly do you think will be different. `The 2 strikers are poor to say the least. 

Pound for Pound Liverpool are a a better team and squad than we have, we have been playing snatch and grab for about 6 seasons with more good than bad result, the difference now is that other clubs have improved immensely whilst we have deteriorated badly. This manager was appointed less than a month to the season, inheriting a poor squad and most of the additions have been poor not due to his fault alone.

we suffering from years of mistake in the transfer policy, not Sarri. can Klop or Pep do better than this squad?

If all of Liverpool's chance had gone in the final score would have been 9-2. You can't start without a striker ;

(1) against the team with the best defense in the league

(2) the false 9 barely ever works. Hazard is no striker.

(3) you can't inhibit your best player

(4) you simply don't change tactics like that when you're experiencing your best form in some time

I was dreading it when I saw the lineup. My interest level in the game took a dive when I saw Hazard was playing out of position again.

Johnnyeye and Vesper like this

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

If we're talking on a general level, sure, Liverpool are better than us but in this game, they didn't exactly play lights out football, did they? We were coping well against them, restricted them to few clear cut chances but as always, we just went AWOL at the start of the second half and collapsed at the slightest bit of pressure (seriously, what does Sarri say to the players at half time?!). :doh: 

Exactly what was said.. Started well and look at what happened against Everton.. And then it happened again. 

Johnnyeye likes this

I see a lot of people claiming that Sarri got the game plan "right" in the 1st half because it was only 0-0. First off, how far we have fallen. Secondly, its simply not true.

Nothing about "Sarri-ball" was seen in the 1st half.

We couldn't deal with their press as we couldnt pass out from the back.

Sarri had no answer to Jorginho getting man marked

We couldn't build any attacks of note.

Hazard could barely get into the game and was contesting balls with centre backs. He was getting crowded out.

Liverpool were the better team in the 1st half contrary to what Ashley Cole said. It was only a matter of time before their pressure told.

Sarri didn't get anything right. In one of Hazard's last games for the club and a chance to deny these bastards the title, he fucks it up with his insane false 9 fantasy. Someone needs to tell him he's not Guardiola and never will be.

Johnnyeye, Gappy and DDA like this

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Or doesn’t say. Always wondered how much a barrier language can be for him.

we contained them in the first half with a very defensive approach. Imo it was prob the right one. I don’t like hazard as false 9 bc finishing isn’t his best attribute, so we diminish him. He still hit the post, unlucky. The second one was poor finishing tho.

what to do? Start higuain or giroud in tough away matches? They won’t get a touch. Not mobile enough.

Fulham Broadway likes this

6 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

The fuck are you lot on about that we cant compete with them tonight?

We played miles and miles better with SAME team back in october (?). Same applies to City games. 

If anything we turned much worse ever since. 

Barkley is average, not even good for the bench. Christensen and Jorginho are simply too weak for PL. They play in physical positions and they have strength of a 13 year old, so unless they bulk up, they are complete liability for our defense. 

If we can, a striker, new DM and LCM (to rotate with RLC) are absolute must asap. 

We can compete, but definitely not tonight.

One team played like a title chaser, and the other played like a team just trying to sneak into top 4. Our indifferent form following that City game last year led us to this.

Chelsea, I thought played well, especially after getting rid of the false 9 formation..but a title chasing Chelsea and Hazard would have definitely buried those second half chances.

Face it, everything was against us in this game, from the stupid commentators to the media to the crowd. The Salah goal was spectacular.   We were part of some one else's narrative today, so let's just forget about this game and focus on the remaining PL and Europa games. I just hope Rudiger is back again soon.

Starman60 and Johnnyeye like this

Overall Liverpool is above us, but we could do much better tonight.

United is on same level as us though, but I bet we will look clueless again. "Sarriball" apparently, but they will roll all over us until they score and then we will wake up for a bit, Sarri brings on Barkley and another defeat.

I have nothing against a loss if that means development for the future and brings positive to the whole picture. What was positive here? Where were hints of "Sarriball" that will bring us to next level? Klopp was in same boat in the beggining, but at least he played entertaining football and while their defence was shite, they had clear plan forward and needed reinforcements at the back. We play like crap bar couple games and we still lose left and right or barely scrap one goal wins.

We are shit in everything. No attack plan, except for pass it to Hazard. No defensive stability because as soon they press us harder, we look completely clueless. Midfield is nonexistent and lacks any dynamic or creativity. 

We played conte esque bunker tonight. Almost whole season after Sarri arrival. Where is any development of better playstyle? And dont tell me we dont have players because Klopp managed to play entertaining football with Henderson, Moreno, Wijnaldum and other "average" players. 

Last but not least, for a football under attacking manager, i havent seen such shite attacking organisation. Forget the goals or wins. Check Guardiola, Klopp even in their first seasons etc when they attack, there is chance left and right. When we attack, we manage to do it for 5-10 min and thats it. Then all creativity, determination just dissapears and we rely on individual quality in Hazard.

When he leaves, we are fucked for at least 2 seasons.

(And this isnt just based on tonight performance, but whole season). 

All Sarri "realised" is that we apparently cant compete with top dogs unless we park the bus. Duh, we knew that years now. But he was brought to create attacking football. I would understand loss after loss if our phylosophy actualy developed on pitch, if we became more connected in attack, but there is zero improvement since november and we play even worse than first couple months.

Guess if they win the title that whole slip thing be long forgotten... Maybe not for Gerrard. 

Difference is Jose has a plan. Don't know what Sarri's plan is anymore but not exactly working. Not attacking. Not doing much impressive. 

Fulham Broadway and Johnnyeye like this

Just now, Laylabelle said:

Guess if they win the title that whole slip thing be long forgotten... Maybe not for Gerrard. 

Difference is Jose has a plan. Don't know what Sarri's plan is anymore but not exactly working 

Difference was Steven Gerrard gave us a goal. We also had Terry, Lampard, Cech, and Cole. 

Johnnyeye and Vesper like this