• Kovacic
    • Barkley
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Giroud
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Kante (sub)

We left it late as usual, and Alonso of all people bailed us out, i will give him credit but i wont get carried away thats for sure, its a win and more importantly an away goal, and we clearly will have to do much better in the 2nd leg to avoid stupid setbacks. Napoli were really poor by their standards, no away goal and now they have to win 3-0 to go through, if Arsenal score in Italy its over. Benfica shouldn't have allowed Frankfurt to score another away goal, its dangerous and if the germans do a great game in front of their fans 2-0 will be enough to go trough. Valencia got a great result away from home, 3-1 is pratically tie over, but we'll see. Cheers

Just now, Mana said:

F' you in the highest order man... :(

Alonso will now start at Anfield where he'll be seriously exposed.

I do not see him starting

he was so so so fucking poor ll night save for that goal, and that goal was 90% Willian

Just now, Mana said:

Sarri has given Alonso an insane lot of free passes before. What makes you think he's going to stop giving him away? Especially after his goal?

goal doesnt negate his horrid play rest of game too much

plus the game is in 3 days

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Sarri has given Alonso an insane lot of free passes before. What makes you think he's going to stop giving him away? Especially after his goal?

I think it is becasue Emerson started the last 2 league games and was absolutely comfortable. You think this means something but with Sarri you never nkow.

2 minutes ago, Mana said:

Alonso has always been horrid for a long time though. Yet he's still here. Him today being awful isn't shocking or surprising.

Again, the game in 3 days means f'all. Alonso played against Dynamo then 3 days later played against Cardiff (Started both).

I am trying to think positive, lolol

2 minutes ago, JDY said:

That was awful. Truly awful. Haven't seen for a long time a group of supposedly high level players misplacing passes and losing the ball under no pressure ALL game.

This is all I could picture while watching:

space-jam-stolen-powers.jpg

lmao thanks for the memories, Space Jam was one of my favourite movies while growing up. The extending arm scene at the end of the game was epic

4 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Some proper bellends caught sining "Salah is a bomber"

Embarrassing how we continue to have fans that do this and even more embarrassing we continue to fucking sing about Liverpool 

They have been identified and banned

Why?! I don't get it! Again!!!!!!!! 

What did they think would happen oh pat on the back we'll done. Aren't you all soooooo funny now.. . We'll look who we play at the weekend! Oh Liverpool.. Who is pretty good.. Oh Salah! 

Narrow minded and they can piss right off. 

20 minutes ago, Mana said:

We have been talking about Alonso, but even though he was damn awful today, the biggest surprise is that he wasn't the worst player on the pitch.

That title goes to Kovacic. From minute 1, sloppy, sloppy passing. Slow and sloppy. Conservative passing.

He can go back to RM. We don't want him.

I beg to differ. The worst player was Pedro, hands down. I would love to see the touches that he had and the percent of times he lost the ball. Will be around 70-80% 

2 minutes ago, bakayokofan said:

I beg to differ. The worst player was Pedro, hands down. I would love to see the touches that he had and the percent of times he lost the ball. Will be around 70-80% 

goal aside 

Pedro

Alonso

Kovacic

all had just monstrously horrid games

We were sloppy but in the first half they pressed us quite well. Anyway, bad performance but clean sheet and a away goal. Performance not always most valuable thing in these tough obscure double headers, it was always gonna be a tough game because they showed beforehand they know how to make life tough for good teams so least the away leg is done.