Why Chelsea’s transfer ban could be decisive for Ethan Ampadu

James

Ethan AmpaduIf Chelsea’s transfer ban is upheld in their hearing next week, it will change the direction of the club massively. Suddenly using the players we have rather than signing new ones becomes a necessity, and all the young players who might have been thinking about pushing for a move elsewhere might now suddenly see an […]

View the full article

Nice little article. But as long as we keep Sarri as a manager or do not at least lower our targets from top four to European places, he will rather flog the experienced players to death than blooding youngsters in at a pace they require to be satisfied and not leave the club. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Nice little article. But as long as we keep Sarri as a manager or do not at least lower our targets from top four to European places, he will rather flog the experienced players to death than blooding youngsters in at a pace they require to be satisfied and not leave the club. 

While Sarri may not have been a good choice to develop youth, the club knew that.

Also, since it is a recurring thing, it's easy to guess that the contracts with the managers do not list developing (and start) young players, or at least not as a high priority goal.

With all that out of the way, it's going to be very hard to find managers who will give meaningful minutes to a 18yo CB, who's not even that tall.

57 minutes ago, Robchels said:

While Sarri may not have been a good choice to develop youth, the club knew that.

Also, since it is a recurring thing, it's easy to guess that the contracts with the managers do not list developing (and start) young players, or at least not as a high priority goal.

With all that out of the way, it's going to be very hard to find managers who will give meaningful minutes to a 18yo CB, who's not even that tall.

Yeah we will see how much the ban changed..i would not mind winning fuck all a few years if it meant starting our youngsters. What i cant stand is seeing the same old average has been starting week in week out with talented young lads leaving the club in batallions.

And Ampadu is 6', same as 80m cb hernandez but 18yo so still growing. When i was 18 i was not much taller, now i am about 6'4 so there is a chance he still might get a decent height.