• Loftus-Cheek
    • Hazard
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Higuain
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

if you think Arnautovic and Anderson (he inverted at times) are shit, then I cannot help you

either one can be a load to handle, and Emerson overall bossed them when they came into his zonal area

Anderson seems to be a good player, but arnaut is not. WHU fans were commenting that hazard would have lots of spaces because arnaut does not track back at all. :) I'm not a fan.

It’s still entirely besides the point whether they have one or two good players tho.

these smaller sides pose a much bigger threat when playing in their home ground, where they can press and impose their game. Of course sometimes a visiting small side can cause problems, but it’s different, being mostly about counter attacking.

To be clear I want to see more of Emerson when he's being pressed. I thought he did very poorly when pressed before.

Great game and goal from hazard it's hard to choice which was hazard best ever solo goal was the one tonight or the one against the gunners both goals where beautiful to watch :wub::wub:

I thought Azpi had one of the best games I've seen him play for a while tonight. Looked much more defensively solid and got forward regularly.

I also felt our playing out the back was much improved today. Even at times in the second half when West Ham were pushing and pressing high, we were calm and played some pretty good one touch stuff at times to get out of tight spaces. 

Definitely some marked improvement in performances the last couple of games. Hopefully a big result on Thursday and then its the acid test next weekend.

Credit to Sarri for a good selection post the mid week game baring Higuain (U cant get it all i presume :) )

Wouldnt talk about Hazard because he is in a different league. 

For me RLC was the surprise he was aggressive, physical and quite creative at times ... but I like the determination he had. It was very refreshing to see a player who couldnt last an entire 90 mins and has received criticism big time ... is now really stepping up. And Kante was really good last night. Back to back game for Odio and it seems that it was overwhelming for him, he had an average game but some of his crosses is so good to see ... very direct and always in the area of uncertainty. He has to have more starts. 

On the flip side, we need to finish our chances else it can quickly turn against us. Giroiud need to start over Higauin, its no brainier anymore. 

Good game for us. Glad we were up for the task.  

1 hour ago, Vytis33 said:

Haven't read back too far did anyone mention Kante? His skill set is evolving in this system thought he had a great game. 

Kante was dominant in the center of the pitch, but still cannot finish. RLC did very well minus a coulple of missed silly passes. Odoi with moments of brilliance and others of naïveté.

it was an easy match tho. Our players are better in every position, so no surprise there. Whu were not very physical, and were very slow to close down our players who ran a lot with the ball.  Perhaps because they don’t care too much.

Yet, it was the hazard show. The game opened up after that amazing goal.

job done... now on to the decisive matches 

13 minutes ago, Robchels said:

Kante was dominant in the center of the pitch, but still cannot finish. RLC did very well minus a coulple of missed silly passes. Odoi with moments of brilliance and others of naïveté.

it was an easy match tho. Our players are better in every position, so no surprise there. Whu were not very physical, and were very slow to close down our players who ran a lot with the ball.  Perhaps because they don’t care too much.

Yet, it was the hazard show. The game opened up after that amazing goal.

job done... now on to the decisive matches 

West Ham are always causing trouble.
They are not a top of the league side but not easy.
Then Wolves was another easy one but ...
We make it look easy when we play serious football.

1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

West Ham are always causing trouble.
They are not a top of the league side but not easy.
Then Wolves was another easy one but ...
We make it look easy when we play serious football.

of course we did make the game easier, but two participate in a joust...  We have vastly superior players, played at home, and the game mattered more to us than them. We did certain things in the game that a better team would have punished us for.

Like I said, job well done. Not getting carried away though that's for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Robchels said:

of course we made the game easier, but two participate in the joust...  We have vastly superior players, played at home, and the game mattered more to us than them. We did certain things in the game that a better team would have punished us for.

Like I said, job well done. Not getting carried away though that's for sure. 

Well things were normal yesterday.
But the old Chelsea could also come back from behind (Mourinho, Antonio seasons).
This team has problems and if it is some stronger opposition, like City say, then it's even worse.
We do need some surgery.

Was quite embarrased when the fans boo'd Sarri when he took off RLC but honestly nothing surprises me anymore. Although he had said that fitness is his only problem in regards to making it as a top top player... 

Anyways, good team performance. Starting 11 was good, Higuain unlucky at times, looked a bit sharper although still needs to improve. Callum lost a lot of balls but again its to be expected hes not the finished article yet. Same 11 v Liverpool in the PL please.

great, crucial win for us, Hazard was unplayable, that late 2nd goal eased some big nerves, but on another day we would have paid dearly for not putting the game to bed early, teams like Liverpool will punish us, look no further than the Sturridge equalizer at the Bridge early in the season, and other games, it has been a constant theme this season, miss chance after chance then concede and crumble afterwards, lets hope the team remains focused on the objective until the end. Cheers