test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Chelsea 3-0 Brighton

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   13 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Luiz
    • Emerson
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Hazard
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Giroud
    • Zappacosta (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

152 posts in this topic

One thing we might be forgetting is how gritty and unforgiving Christensen was to the players he was marking in this game. Hounded them and made some good moves, tackles, runs and passes. Obviously taking in how to be more physical as a CB (watching Rudiger?).

El P. and !Hazard! like this

1 hour ago, the wes said:

I agree I want to see more of RLC and CHO they have to started against west ham 

There is bigger chance Messi will be starting that game.

the wes and Muzchap like this

5 hours ago, DYC. said:

Jorginho can't play lone holding midfielder in the PL. He needs support if you're gonna play him.

Both Kante and Jorginho are better suited to a double pivot in front of defence. He can continue to play his normal game but has less ground to cover. This allows Kante to play his normal game too. Kovacic is better suited to a midfield two as well.

The balance with the lone holding midfielder is off. Making the defence appear (even) weaker.

Yes jorginho is too slow against most team in epl but in my opinion that is not our biggest problem. We don't have monster striker so we need to create plenty of chances but most of the times against physical team which is pretty much all of team in epl we struggle to create anything. 

That is why I like Ruben. Clearly he has flaws in his game but he can beat player with sheer strength which is what we need. But he had back problems. Back problem is dangerous, it can linger for a long time of not handled properly. 

DYC., Johnnyeye and Muzchap like this

Decent game for us ... importantly a clean win. Kudos. 

All the bench boys were up to the tasks when given an opportunity ... it was a good sight to have CHO, RLC, Christensen, Emerson and even Giroud starting in a PL game and doing good. 

Now off to Monday, let see if the Bench boys get another chance for their good work!!!

On the flip side, it seems Jorginho wouldnt make the cut in PL ... he is found lost at times, slow and defensively bad. Azpi is now becoming a worry, seems age is catching up with him as well ... he is not able to keep up with the pacy players anymore 1v1 reminds so much of Gary Neville in his last years at United. 

Sarri this is the lineup you should play week in week out, do some rotation if needed, but leave Alonso, Willian, Pedro, Barkley, Kovacic on the bench from now on and let these kids shine, dont fuck it up again you wanker.

Good game, perfect line up.

It's not really that difficult, if you have your best players playing on the pitch, you will end up performing (not saying winning) well more often than not. 

5 players, 24 or under. 3 academy graduates. 

Let's hope this was not just a one off to appease the fans, but actually a moment of relevation to sarri. 

Players like Willian, Pedro, Alonso, Barkley should not be starters for us. Maybe in the Europa league or for rotation, but no where near the regular starting 11. 

We have 4 days of gap between this match and the next, let's hope the same team starts. There is no reason, that it should not. 

Johnnyeye likes this

2 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

Sarri this is the lineup you should play week in week out, do some rotation if needed, but leave Alonso, Willian, Pedro, Barkley, Kovacic on the bench from now on and let these kids shine, dont fuck it up again you wanker.

yes he will rotate some fans instead of those players 

Johnnyeye likes this

Didn't see the match - but delighted that what everyone was screaming for was actually tried and worked well.

It's such a shame that he will tinker with this line-up.

Old big nose Fergie said never change a winning team, I guess only winners know that, whereas losers like Sarri don't.

I absolutely want the fraud out of the club - any decent manager would have picked this line up in the first 1/4 of the season.

If Southgate rates RLC and CHO so highly - why the fuck couldn't Sarri? Simple answer - Sarri is fucking clueless.

I still don't know who we would bring in during the summer, but I'm willing to try anybody but Sarri.

I know I defended him early on in the season - but the bloke is clueless. 

Johnnyeye likes this

15 hours ago, bakayokofan said:

We have 4 days of gap between this match and the next, let's hope the same team starts. There is no reason, that it should not.

Oooops! yes there is bud it's called Sarri

Johnnyeye and Laylabelle like this