• Kante
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Hazard
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Giroud
    • Zappacosta (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

Can we FINALLY put this 'CHO isn't good enough to start in the EPL' SHIT to fucking bed??????????

He is only 18 and already an tempo inflection point and a force multiplier.

I am just going to go batshit cray if we lose the lad.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

A nice, comfortable, easy win for a change. But what are the odds on Sarri reverting to the old BS on Monday now that he's saved his job (for now) and appeased the fans?

Think we all expect it so be nice to be surprised 

31 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Can someone check this for me?

When was the last time Chelsea Football Club fielded 3 academy graduates in the league?

I'm not sure if it was the last time but in 2016 in the last game of the season against Leicester there was Loftus-Cheek, Tomori and Abraham on the field, also Bertrand Traoré, if he counts.

35 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

When was the last time Chelsea Football Club fielded 3 academy graduates in the league?

I don't remember it ever happening tbh since I started watching pretty much every Chelsea game, but I might be mistaken.

in 2016 in the last game of the season against Leicester there was Loftus-Cheek, Tomori and Abraham on the field, also Bertrand Traoré, if he counts.

Guess I was mistaken.

35 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

:wub:

Changes.

One thing we might be forgetting is how gritty and unforgiving Christensen was to the players he was marking in this game. Hounded them and made some good moves, tackles, runs and passes. Obviously taking in how to be more physical as a CB (watching Rudiger?).

5 hours ago, DYC. said:

Jorginho can't play lone holding midfielder in the PL. He needs support if you're gonna play him.

Both Kante and Jorginho are better suited to a double pivot in front of defence. He can continue to play his normal game but has less ground to cover. This allows Kante to play his normal game too. Kovacic is better suited to a midfield two as well.

The balance with the lone holding midfielder is off. Making the defence appear (even) weaker.

Yes jorginho is too slow against most team in epl but in my opinion that is not our biggest problem. We don't have monster striker so we need to create plenty of chances but most of the times against physical team which is pretty much all of team in epl we struggle to create anything. 

That is why I like Ruben. Clearly he has flaws in his game but he can beat player with sheer strength which is what we need. But he had back problems. Back problem is dangerous, it can linger for a long time of not handled properly. 

Decent game for us ... importantly a clean win. Kudos. 

All the bench boys were up to the tasks when given an opportunity ... it was a good sight to have CHO, RLC, Christensen, Emerson and even Giroud starting in a PL game and doing good. 

Now off to Monday, let see if the Bench boys get another chance for their good work!!!

On the flip side, it seems Jorginho wouldnt make the cut in PL ... he is found lost at times, slow and defensively bad. Azpi is now becoming a worry, seems age is catching up with him as well ... he is not able to keep up with the pacy players anymore 1v1 reminds so much of Gary Neville in his last years at United. 

Sarri this is the lineup you should play week in week out, do some rotation if needed, but leave Alonso, Willian, Pedro, Barkley, Kovacic on the bench from now on and let these kids shine, dont fuck it up again you wanker.

Good game, perfect line up.

It's not really that difficult, if you have your best players playing on the pitch, you will end up performing (not saying winning) well more often than not. 

5 players, 24 or under. 3 academy graduates. 

Let's hope this was not just a one off to appease the fans, but actually a moment of relevation to sarri. 

Players like Willian, Pedro, Alonso, Barkley should not be starters for us. Maybe in the Europa league or for rotation, but no where near the regular starting 11. 

We have 4 days of gap between this match and the next, let's hope the same team starts. There is no reason, that it should not. 

2 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

Sarri this is the lineup you should play week in week out, do some rotation if needed, but leave Alonso, Willian, Pedro, Barkley, Kovacic on the bench from now on and let these kids shine, dont fuck it up again you wanker.

yes he will rotate some fans instead of those players