test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Chelsea 3-0 Brighton

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   13 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Luiz
    • Emerson
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Hazard
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Giroud
    • Zappacosta (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

152 posts in this topic
9 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Brighton’s captain, Bruno is more than 20 years older than Callum :)

We’ve been good so far, could be a bit sharper but I believe we’ll win this.

Well we are playing Brighton, 15th, at SB. ;) 

It's definitely a good lineup for a home game against weak opposition.

A bit suicidal against stronger teams: not enough players defending (pure math).

Great goal, inital pass from Eden to Callum was great, excellent low centre and finished well by Oli. Eden should have scored chance few mins before tho or at least hit the target.

Jorginho can't play lone holding midfielder in the PL. He needs support if you're gonna play him.

Both Kante and Jorginho are better suited to a double pivot in front of defence. He can continue to play his normal game but has less ground to cover. This allows Kante to play his normal game too. Kovacic is better suited to a midfield two as well.

The balance with the lone holding midfielder is off. Making the defence appear (even) weaker.

Vesper and 11Drogba like this

1 minute ago, DYC. said:

Jorginho can't play lone holding midfielder in the PL. He needs support if you're gonna play him.

Both Kante and Jorginho are better suited to a double pivot in front of defence. He can play his normal game but has less ground to cover. Kovacic is better suited to a midfield two as well.

The balance with the lone holding midfielder is off. Making the defence appear (even) weaker.

yep, 4 2 3 1

3 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Both Kante and Jorginho are better suited to a double pivot in front of defence. He can play his normal game but has less ground to cover. Kovacic is better suited to a midfield two as well.

he doesn't. He plays a DLP role, like a Pirlo.

Kante and the LCM should provide that support, but the system does not quite work. RLC as LCM does not provide that, hence my comment about using this lineup against strong opposition. 

Just now, Robchels said:

he doesn't. He plays a DLP role, like a Pirlo.

Kante and the LCM should provide that support, but the system does not quite work. RLC as LCM does not quite provide that, hence my comment about using this lineup against strong opposition. 

Come on, I can see that. I didn't say defensive midfielder, I said holding midfielder. As in the midfielder who sits deep.

Agree with the last part. Though Cheek has never been tried at LCM. This is only his second start in the PL

I knew it from day dot that Odoi was going to be a huge player for us. Absolute menace on the wing. What a player.