Didier Drogba

DYC.

This is just fucking awesome! I don't care if he never plays so long as he retires in Chelsea blue and can act as a mentor/ambassador for the club. Drogba doesn't have to even step on the pitch to have an impact at the club, if he can get Lukaku to understand what it means to be a Chelsea player it will go a long way to improving his production on the pitch.

At the same time those thinking that Drogba's return will help Lukaku with his technique and back to goal play I would advise you to temper your enthusiasm. You can't teach a giraffe to kill like a lion.

Mourinho most definitely has a ruthless side as he showed with Cole, Lampard, etc. but I think sentimentality is clouding his better judgement here. I remember he said Drogba was his favourite of all the players he'd managed and having not worked with him for many years I suspect he has long been craving a reunion. Not a good move in my opinion.

Lmao saw on Goal there's a rumour City want him as cover for Negredo.. really, people get paid to write this!

Like you and I wouldn't take that job in 2 seconds! :) It's easy. Just have two hats. One with player names in it and one with teams. "Sources tell me that Barcelona and Argentina forward Lionel Messi is close to joining Scottish League two side East Fife in a shock transfer". That is fun!!!

@Choulo-I think it means that Torres will go. The third striker on a team barely plays but having 4 strikers is useless. I think Atletico will buy Torres and whatever they pay for him is a good deal for us.

@Choulo-I think it means that Torres will go. The third striker on a team barely plays but having 4 strikers is useless. I think Atletico will buy Torres and whatever they pay for him is a good deal for us.

Honestly it makes no sense to have both Lukaku and Torres in the team, and even less sense to have strikers as you said. I hope it's Torres but fear it's Lukaku who'll leave.

Mourinho most definitely has a ruthless side as he showed with Cole, Lampard, etc. but I think sentimentality is clouding his better judgement here. I remember he said Drogba was his favourite of all the players he'd managed and having not worked with him for many years I suspect he has long been craving a reunion. Not a good move in my opinion.

That could be possible. But who wouldn't want Drogba back? I believe if he comes, he can still make an impact. Klose is old, look what's he's been able to do. Lukaku and Costa would be our MAIN strikers, still.

Honestly it makes no sense to have both Lukaku and Torres in the team, and even less sense to have strikers as you said. I hope it's Torres but fear it's Lukaku who'll leave.

Yes, I can definitely see that as well. If Mourinho doesn't like Lukaku, we might as well sell him for some big money but...that would leave Chelsea with a massive weakness at striker again. I am not sold on Costa as an elite player but no matter what, you need a second striker who can play and I don't think Drogba or Torres are even premier league caliber players anymore(and I mean that) never mind Chelsea caliber players. If that is the case, the Drogba signing is awful and makes us a much worse team. If it's Torres who goes, it really doesn't make any change except gets us some money and some leadership.

That could be possible. But who wouldn't want Drogba back? I believe if he comes, he can still make an impact. Klose is old, look what's he's been able to do. Lukaku and Costa would be our MAIN strikers, still.

Klose is not a target man. He's a poacher with good positioning

Drogba isn't half the player he used to be.

Yes, I can definitely see that as well. If Mourinho doesn't like Lukaku, we might as well sell him for some big money but...that would leave Chelsea with a massive weakness at striker again. I am not sold on Costa as an elite player but no matter what, you need a second striker who can play and I don't think Drogba or Torres are even premier league caliber players anymore(and I mean that) never mind Chelsea caliber players. If that is the case, the Drogba signing is awful and makes us a much worse team. If it's Torres who goes, it really doesn't make any change except gets us some money and some leadership.

And you are Lukaku? I like Romelu for his potential, not because of what he's accomplished on the pitch. Costa, Torres and Drogba is a very good strike force when you think of where we finished(4pts off the title, semis of the CL) Its not like we need boatloads of goals to reach our objectives.

Klose is not a target man. He's a poacher with good positioning

Drogba isn't half the player he used to be.

You'd be extremely hard pressed to find 5 strikers who can play with their back to goal as well as Drogba even at 36. He's still incredibly strong and provides us with something we don't have.