Didier Drogba

DYC.

Sometimes I just can't believe that we're about to let Drogba just walk away from the club. You don't get a player like that too often.

I still remember how John Terry remarked at the start of the 2009 season, that Christiano Ronaldo leaving Manchester United and us holding onto Didier would prove key. When it comes to these players, what separates them from the rest is not just the skill and the ability, its their attitude.

From the current crop, Danny Sturridge looked like something special at the start of the season, but I'm not so sure at the moment. He may step up in the future, but who's going to be our big game player next season?

Sometimes I just can't believe that we're about to let Drogba just walk away from the club. You don't get a player like that too often.

He's 34!!! It's not as if he's 25. And we did offer him a 1 year extension. There is absolutely no way in hell that we should consider giving him a 2 year deal. If he wants to leave then let him. Time to move on unfortunately

He's 34!!! It's not as if he's 25. And we did offer him a 1 year extension. There is absolutely no way in hell that we should consider giving him a 2 year deal. If he wants to leave then let him. Time to move on unfortunately

I'm well aware of why he has to leave soon.

I just don't know if we should do so without knowing if someone can take up his mantle once he does leave. For instance Man Utd had Rooney to take over from Ronaldo, Barcelona had Messi take over from Ronaldinho, but do we have someone of that level? Arsenal never got anyone to fill in for Henry, (at least until RVP when he became fit for an entire season) and well, we can see the results of that.

I just don't know if we should do so without knowing if someone can take up his mantle once he does leave. For instance Man Utd had Rooney to take over from Ronaldo, Barcelona had Messi take over from Ronaldinho, but do we have someone of that level? Arsenal never got anyone to fill in for Henry, (at least until RVP when he became fit for an entire season) and well, we can see the results of that.

Perfect chance to bleed Lukaku in; he's an immense talent!

Don't be paranoid. We will find someone to replace Drogba.

It is not paranoia. I just doubt whether the club can get to pick and choose someone to replace him, with all the financial restrictions coming into place.

Why not? The club will have to go out and get a new striker anyway.

Why not? The club will have to go out and get a new striker anyway.

There are few strikers of repute that are out there right now, and none of them come with small transfer fees. Of course, the way I see it may not be the way Roman sees it, so who knows?