Didier Drogba

DYC.

The claim Drogba can't play with Torres & Sturridge has no evidence to back it up.

Drogba just emerged to form. Literally, just last month is when he started to recapture that deadly striker instinct we all knew he had & he hasn't been given the chance to properly build a partnership with Torres & Sturridge. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Torres hasn't even played a full 90minutes yet.. How can Drogba & Torres form even a shadow of a partnership if they're not given the time for it?

It's a total urban myth they can't play together. Let's give them 90minutes today and see what they can do..

Three number 9's in the same line-up?

And 4-3-3 is our formation if you ask me. The traditional 4-4-2 formation is so hard to pull of succesfully in modern football... trying to pull it of without a real supporting stiker, like Rooney, makes it even harder. The fact that most (top) teams play with a 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation is no coincidence .

Three number 9's in the same line-up?

And 4-3-3 is our formation if you ask me. The traditional 4-4-2 formation is so hard to pull of succesfully in modern football... trying to pull it of without a real supporting stiker, like Rooney, makes it even harder. The fact that most (top) teams play with a 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation is no coincidence .

That's true.. But I still think 4-4-2 can work if Malouda is a constant threat on the left. We know Drogba drifts to the right anyway and his crosses are magnificent. I think if the tactics were spot on the 4-4-2 could still work..

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - Lampard - Malouda

Drogba - Torres

That's true.. But I still think 4-4-2 can work if Malouda is a constant threat on the left. We know Drogba drifts to the right anyway and his crosses are magnificent. I think if the tactics were spot on the 4-4-2 could still work..

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Mikel

Ramires - Lampard - Malouda

Drogba - Torres

Hmm don't know about you but I see a serious lack of creativity and magic in that midfield, especially that right side offers very little offensively..

Hmm don't know about you but I see a serious lack of creativity and magic in that midfield, especially that right side offers very little offensively..

Agreed, but that's been the case with our midfield generally this season. This were a bit of Dalglish logic comes into play. His set up is the front line handles the creativity and magic (as demonstrated by Suarez). He uses the midfield to mainly support the defence and get the ball to the strikers, the rest is down to them..

Agreed, but that's been the case with our midfield generally this season. This were a bit of Dalglish logic comes into play. His set up is the front line handles the creativity and magic (as demonstrated by Suarez). He uses the midfield to mainly support the defence and get the ball to the strikers, the rest is down to them..

Yeah but that's the problem, we don't have the Suarez type in our squad. That someone that has the ability to create something out of nothing. The closest thing we have to that is Kalou :unsure:..

And I'll say it again, we're on a great run here so why change it?

And I'll say it again, we're on a great run here so why change it?

That's a fair point.

I would do it just for the sake of trying to get Drogba & Torres working. Champions League place is ours. We're not going to win the title (imo).. Second would be the best we can do and since we're 3pts clear, without United likely to beat Arsenal tomorrow we should try some new things.

• 3 weeks later...

Drogba to Gala according to this http://www.hurriyet....406.asp?gid=381

Welcome to the forum buddy.

Few things to note before posting in Transfer Talk thread:

1. Look for already opened threads on players; Didier Drogba thread

2. Try to post credible sources only.

Welcome to the forum buddy.

Few things to note before posting in Transfer Talk thread:

1. Look for already opened threads on players; Didier Drogba thread

2. Try to post credible sources only.

spoken like a true MOD ,,but a SUPER MOD would have translated it for us :whistling: :whistling: