test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DYC.

Didier Drogba

Started by DYC.,

3,463 posts in this topic

Wholeheartedly disagree with you. Hazard and Gotze are nowhere near Messi or Ronaldo's level. For a start they are totally different styles of players.

My point was that it's easier to replace a dribbler/skillful type player than it is to replace a target man/power type player. It's only been 5 years since we were talking about Ronaldinho as irreplaceable, and Messi has come along and Barcelona haven't missed a trick. It's plausible that in 10 years time Messi will hang up his boots/leave Barcelona and they'll already have a readymade replacement lined up who will pick up from where Messi left off. I don't think the same thing will happen for Chelsea with a new Drogba style player coming along.

True, targetmen with skill and pace are indeed a rarity (and a luxury) in football,That's why for all the Heskey's and Carew's you only have one Drogba.

Still there are others with potential. With the right manager and the right mentality, its possible to mould a similar sort of player out of someone else

capriccioso likes this

As much as I'd like Drogba to stay, I'd be happy for him if he decided to leave, what a way to sign off from the club, he's won everything with us, what more does he have to achieve now, he is a legend and is arguably our best striker ever.

Im really fed up with same old Chelsea style of play, we play like this since 2004 for gods sake !Time to move on !

Do u honestly think we will ever win CL again with this performance?I just want the best for this club.

Do u honestly think we will ever win CL again with this performance?I just want the best for this club.

The best for this club is 4-3-3 Mourinho style, with each manager adding his own tweaks to it. It's part of our DNA. We can't change it now any more than Barcelona can play like Stoke.

What DNA? Have u watched Chelsea before Abramovic? We played far more entertaining football, so don't come up with this bs.

Every player signed before 2011 is accustomed to this style of play and as evidenced by the Villas-Boas affair, go to pieces when its taken away from them. Short of buying an entirely new squad we can't change.

What DNA? Have u watched Chelsea before Abramovic? We played far more entertaining football, so don't come up with this bs.

and FFS grow up ..both .the world and football started before 2004 when you started to watch football ,,,,you have no idea what it is to be a Chelsea fan

Blue Armour and chillerz like this

this pre abramovich era entertaining play is nonsense...

remember beeing always in the top 3 of teams with most attempts on target, we have always played calm and waiting for the moment where we could hit our opponent, this is not boaring, in fact its what barca is being loved for... playing the ball around untill there is an opportunity opening up

this season was different because we haven't that material anymore...

remember de game against barca 2005 and remember te campaign under Ancelotti

Blue Armour likes this

This team is probably 3 players away from playing world class entertaining football.2Wingers one CM (world class signings).

send your CV to Roman ...you could just be the manager we need

capriccioso and Manuf like this

this pre abramovich era entertaining play is nonsense...

remember beeing always in the top 3 of teams with most attempts on target, we have always played calm and waiting for the moment where we could hit our opponent, this is not boaring, in fact its what barca is being loved for... playing the ball around untill there is an opportunity opening up

this season was different because we haven't that material anymore...

remember de game against barca 2005 and remember te campaign under Ancelotti

The style was good, just the performers were average.

This squad needs a clearout: Adding 3 players will not make us world class:

Drogs,Essien,Kalou,Malouda,Raul M,Boswinga, Ferriera, All have to go. In return we use youth and replace they boys with 2 wingers, 2 new midfielders, a RB and A striker.

Drogba getting new contract will be mistake.He will always want to be starter, will always throw his big shadow on whoever is the other striker, will always prevent him to flourish, thats just not good.We should take example from Fergie and not Inter or Milan.

It will be a sad, sad day that Drogba packs up his bags and leaves Stamford Bridge Behind - I would have been happy to have him here for another few seasons but I guess Drogba and the Management Team decided it's time for a change. I hope to see him back some day in the dugout he is an absolute LEGEND for Chelsea FC; The Premier League; and Ivory Coast and such a standout guy off the field just makes your proud that he is part of Chelsea History.

I Thank you Drogba for all the great moments you have given me in the Blue Shirt and for bringing the biggest prize back to the Bridge

You will always be a LEGEND

I hope some day you decide to come back to London in a different role for Chelsea FC

Blue Armour likes this

Style of play and whether or not it is embedded in our club are moot points, anyway. The key thing is our way has brought us so much success. Why change something that works?