Didier Drogba

DYC.

Hes been such a great servant to this club, a true legend who will always be remembered here. Sad to see him go obviously, going to be impossible to come across a player of that mentality again as he was always the one who wanted to take responsibility in the big games. He will always be remember for the great goals he scored and the 9 goals in 9 major finals is a record that will never be broken here at Chelsea. Its the right time for him to go though and I wish him well wherever he may end up, unless its Spurs but I doubt that it will be. :P

The perfect way to leave. His last kick winning us the Champions League for the very first time in our History. Very fitting! Thank you for everything DDA!

What a legend, he will always be remembered!, Drogba i love you!, thank you for everything, thank you for the league titles!, thank you for the trophies and thank you for the Champions League!, we will never forget you!.

Best of luck to you and your career!, hope you do really well in the future, best striker ever.

"We [Drogba and his Chelsea team-mates] will not be together next season," he was quoted saying in France Football magazine.

"As I have decided to leave, I wanted to tell them to their faces. They made me break down. I found it hard to admit that it was finished with me and the club.

Fellow striker Fernando Torres recently complained of having to start Saturday’s victory over Bayern Munich on the bench with the Ivorian starting, and Drogba believes the pair’s roles will soon swap.

He added: "I don't envisage sitting on the bench watching others play at a time when the club is looking at putting together a new team.

"So there we go, I am readying myself for a great leap into the unknown. It will be another adventure."

Oh mann :blush:

vdv parker walker@parkeressex

I heard Drogba will come to Tottenham as he see us as the bigger club sinc ewe came 5th and they came 6th. #COYS #FOYB

Expand

this useless Spud knows nothing, clearly knows nothing about Drogba either.

I really want a statue of him made. As I love doing, I might start a petition.

Greatest African footballer I've ever seen. He's one of the few irreplaceable players in this world.

Not one defender in history has been able to handle him. Not one striker in history has bullied defenders the way he can.

I've got a lump in my throat now.

Will miss him sorely.