Didier Drogba

DYC.

Think he will play, especially in the United and Arsenal games. We are short in options, we only have Cuadrado, Drogba, Rambo/Oscar as our attacking players from the bench.

I'd say max 2 goals in the remaining 8 games for him. One late winning goal vs Arsenal would be a dream.

Repeat FK goal from '09 in front of the away fans would be fitting

Absolute pointless signing this season I think other than him being in the dressing room. Hopefully he will retire and become a coach next year though. Anyone else think Danny Ings would be a viable option for third choice next year on a free transfer or is it just me?

That alone is enough to refute your statement that it was a pointless signing. He's scored some useful goals and is a Chelsea legend with experience and an infectious personality that I'm sure have been invaluable to our playing group this season. As far as I'm concerned, Didier deserves his EPL Champions medal as much as many others in our squad who may have contributed more on the field, because his impact off the field this season has no doubt been immense.

That alone is enough to refute your statement that it was a pointless signing. He's scored some useful goals and is a Chelsea legend with experience and an infectious personality that I'm sure have been invaluable to our playing group this season. As far as I'm concerned, Didier deserves his EPL Champions medal as much as many others in our squad who may have contributed more on the field, because his impact off the field this season has no doubt been immense.

He could of been in the dressing room as a coach though, which would of made more sense considering how poor he's been in pretty much every game he's played. He's obviously kept in good shape but we can't play around a 37 year old CF, to his strengths, when we have classy players like Fabregas, Hazard, Matic, Costa... he doesn't suit this team as much as Remy or Costa. So that alone is not enough to refute my statement because hes been a pretty pointless signing in terms of performances.

He could of been in the dressing room as a coach though, which would of made more sense considering how poor he's been in pretty much every game he's played. He's obviously kept in good shape but we can't play around a 37 year old CF, to his strengths, when we have classy players like Fabregas, Hazard, Matic, Costa... he doesn't suit this team as much as Remy or Costa. So that alone is not enough to refute my statement because hes been a pretty pointless signing in terms of performances.

Yes, but it's different. He wouldn't be in there doing all the weights and recovery sessions etc. - he wouldn't be one of the boys like he has been this season.

Completely agree he doesn't work as well as Remy or Costa in our system, and absolutely (after some good games and goals) his on field performances have been poor, but you seriously cannot undersell the vital mental impact he's had on this group heading towards the title. For sure he could have had an off field impact as a member of the coaching staff, but not nearly as profound as what it's been this season as a member of the playing group.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/13/didier-drogba-chelsea-contract-deal-future-jose-mourinho-season-stamford-bridge-qpr?CMP=share_btn_tw

Didier Drogba is intent upon extending his senior playing career into an 18th season, with Chelsea expected to offer him a new one-year deal.

The 37-year-old, who signed a 12-month contract back at Stamford Bridge last summer, has effectively been promised a job for life by José Mourinho.

Yet the specifics of his future role at the club – whether on the playing staff, as a coach or with an ambassadorial brief – have yet to be formally discussed and there remains the possibility Drogba could explore alternative options in search of more regular first-team football given his desire to play on.

Asked if he had made a decision on his future, the striker indicated he intended to continue a playing career that has taken in spells at Le Mans, Guingamp, Marseille, Shanghai Shenhua, Galatasary and two glittering periods with Chelsea.

“I have made a decision, yes,” he said. “And no, this is not my last season.”

Hmm... If Solanke is not a better 3rd choice option than Drogba next season, he has no chance of succeeding here.

As for Drog, if Remy is still here next season, I guess having him here with a very minor role is okay.

Expect us to struggle at this stage again next season if Drogba is still our 2nd/3rd choice striker with Remy then and not a better one like Dybala or Lacazette. I think Costa will burn out toward the last couple of months because of his hamstring for the rest of his career now unless he gets a surgery this summer and remove it for good.