Didier Drogba

DYC.

So now hes come back, who are we loaning him out to ?

It has to be Torres, but i do say that in hope... i mean surely we cant send Lukaku out on loan again especially when we have just signed Drogba.

I'm not Lukaku's biggest fan (he is talented but he is nowhere near the 'complete striker' he thinks he is) but I said all along if we sell Lukaku than we need an adequate replacement, not a 36 year old Drogba. I believe Drogba may start a few games here and there and maybe come on late when chasing the lead but his real impact will be in the dressing room and around the camp.

We need a suitable second striker, what if Costa gets injured? Torres is fucking hopeless and Drogba wont be able to play 90 minutes week in week out,... it'll be a big mistake if we sell/loan out Lukaku.

I'm praying our board don't fuck up this marvelous transfer window.

EDIT - i thought you said who are we loaning out... :lol: well my point still stands. :ph34r:

Edited by James

Definitely delighted that he's back. I think it was @remains of the day who said a while back that you need players in the dressing room who have an affinity for the club and who can transmit their passion for the shirt over to new signings. I'm absolutely in agreement with that, but at the same time I wonder how Drogba's presence is going to affect Costa.

We all know how much of a strong personality Didi has. On the plus side that's a great thing because of the leadership he brings but on the down side it makes it very hard for another striker to succeed in his shadow. I really hate to be that person, you know the one who pisses on everyone's parade? But I think people should be cognizant of the knock-on effect that bringing back such a strong personality, who the fans idolize, might have.

Who knows though, maybe it might be better for Costa as it will remove some of the pressure and attention from him...

It has to be Torres, but i do say that in hope... i mean surely we cant send Lukaku out on loan again especially when we have just signed Drogba.

I'm not Lukaku's biggest fan (he is talented but he is nowhere near the 'complete striker' he thinks he is) but I said all along if we sell Lukaku than we need an adequate replacement, not a 36 year old Drogba. I believe Drogba may start a few games here and there and maybe come on late when chasing the lead but his real impact will be in the dressing room and around the camp.

We need a suitable second striker, what if Costa gets injured? Torres is fucking hopeless and Drogba wont be able to play 90 minutes week in week out,... it'll be a big mistake if we sell/loan out Lukaku.

I'm praying our board don't fuck up this marvelous transfer window.

EDIT - i thought you said who are we loaning out... :lol: well my point still stands. :ph34r:

Maybe now we can see if the fabled Torres-Drogba partnership can come to fruition...

Nah screw it...Lets play Lukaku and Drogba upfront and the give the opposition two man-mountains to deal with...

But seriously...would like to see how well Hazard and Drogba can combine in a game...

.....Man I'm excited.

Ever since the rumours started, I've had misgivings about Didier's return. There are many rational, logical reasons why it's not a very good idea. But can't deny that having him back makes me feel a bit more certain about the next season. It's irrational as hell but true. Hope our players feel the same way.