Didier Drogba

DYC.

0-0, parked bus - Drogba.

2-0, 60 minutes - Lukaku

Lukaku and Costa are similar players, Drogba offers something different in my opinion. Again, this gives us flexibility. Torres is similar to Lukaku and Costa (requires space beyond defences) so he'd be the one I'd lose.

perfect!!!

courtois

iva/azpi JT GC luis

matic cesc

schurrle willian hazard

costa

subs - cech/schwarzer, zouma, iva/azpi, rambo, oscar, lukaku, DD.

With costa and Drogba a very big trophy is coming to chelsea this season ala EPL or UCL Trophy. Him and costa in front along with fabregas in midfield will break smaller teams that play 19th century defensive football which was our major problem last season. We've signed the best squad player around.

What situation would you say would favour lukaku over costa or drogba?

Its easier to say its not about first or 2nd choice if we were playing two strikers at a time but it definitely is an issue when only one will more than likely play at a time. Lukaku isn't going to go for just playing an odd capital one cup game.

I'd say the one where we need an injection of energy up front in a 2-1 game? Or perhaps a game where we are up 2,3 goals and need to get him some time? He's best as a change of pace if you ask me, also as a late game finisher.

Stop looking at competitions! Its about form and situations! There will be times where he will be called upon and its up to him to make the most of the opportunities

Fuck our board..

In stead of going out like a hero, he comes back to be bitched by our fans :cry:

Worst transfer in a while and probably goes to show the board has no fucking plan for the future. What the fuck could Costa learn from Drogba is beyond me

He can learn how to be a Champions League winner, and how to scare the shit out of opposition defences.

If he is worth a starting place he will start... and if not, then he wont..........but he will still always be a Chelsea legend.

I'm delighted to see him back, even if its only to add extra incentive to our other strikers to keep him out of the side

Fuck our board..

In stead of going out like a hero, he comes back to be bitched by our fans :cry:

Worst transfer in a while and probably goes to show the board has no fucking plan for the future. What the fuck could Costa learn from Drogba is beyond me

Shut up.:ph34r:

He can learn how to be a Champions League winner, and how to scare the shit out of opposition defences.

If he is worth a starting place he will start... and if not, then he wont..........but he will still always be a Chelsea legend.

I'm delighted to see him back, even if its only to add extra incentive to our other strikers to keep him out of the side

You realise he is getting paid each week doing mostly nothing on the field. If he was brought back at Chelsea to learn Lukaku and Costa how to be Champions League winners than he should of received a spot in the staff not in our squad.

I see people say he offers somthing different to the other strikers we have. Am i missing somthing? He is bloody 36 and is a shadow of the striker he was in 2012.

On a second note we look like shit in the eyes of other clubs now that we brought him back after 2 years..

You realise he is getting paid each week doing mostly nothing on the field. If he was brought back at Chelsea to learn Lukaku and Costa how to be Champions League winners than he should of received a spot in the staff not in our squad.

I see people say he offers somthing different to the other strikers we have. Am i missing somthing? He is bloody 36 and is a shadow of the striker he was in 2012.

On a second note we look like shit in the eyes of other clubs now that we brought him back after 2 years..

He's still strong in the air, great with his back to goal and a better finisher than Torres and Lukaku.

You need to relax a bit. We're stronger up front than we were last season and you're moaning????

Had a pretty good one in 2012.

Yea the hazard summer was a good one.

But I think the Drogba signing tips the scales to this summer.

We now have a technical striker(Drogba) and an all round energetic striker in Costa that completes our strike force.

We have a left back in his prime, which perfects our already strong defense.

We have a playmaker (fabregas) which adds much needed creativity and goals to our midfield along with hazard.

We have two of the top 3 keepers in the world.

If schurlle brings his worldcup form here, that will give us a pure goal scoring Am, we could be looking at the best squad we've had since 2004-2007 imo.

so we did not look shit when we brought back jose? or when we sacked a CL winning manager and replaced him with FSW!! or when we bought who has always been an "enemy" or etoo??

he is 36 years old and just last year eliminated JUVE from CL by scoring one and assisting one at turin (where we were outplayed 3-0) and then assisting the only goal at the telekom arena!!!

he DOES offer something different. lukaku's back to the goal play is poor. DD is much better against a team that is going to play with 10 men in their own box and that is something both lukaku and costa WILL learn from him.

also, jose is getting paid doing nothing on the field. not everything has to be on the field. a team will be good on the field only if they put hours in training and in learning the trade and that is what DD will help to do!!!

He's still strong in the air, great with his back to goal and a better finisher than Torres and Lukaku.

You need to relax a bit. We're stronger up front than we were last season and you're moaning????

We have 4 strikers for 1 spot and only one of them is realistic a real threat to our opposition.

so we did not look shit when we brought back jose? or when we sacked a CL winning manager and replaced him with FSW!! or when we bought who has always been an "enemy" or etoo??

he is 36 years old and just last year eliminated JUVE from CL by scoring one and assisting one at turin (where we were outplayed 3-0) and then assisting the only goal at the telekom arena!!!

he DOES offer something different. lukaku's back to the goal play is poor. DD is much better against a team that is going to play with 10 men in their own box and that is something both lukaku and costa WILL learn from him.

also, jose is getting paid doing nothing on the field. not everything has to be on the field. a team will be good on the field only if they put hours in training and in learning the trade and that is what DD will help to do!!!

Yeah i understand but for me it looks like Mourinho is scared of failing and that does not help the guys upfront. If i was Lukaku now i would think in my mind "This manager doesn't trust me"

On a bright note i hope Torres will leave now that he is 4th option in attack.