Didier Drogba

DYC.

http://www.espnfc.com/story/1959596/jose-mourinhochelsea-would-welcome-back-didier-drogba

"We want to win matches and win titles, and Didier is one of the best strikers in Europe, who is still very adapted to the needs of the Premier League, and we are thinking about it in a non-emotional way," said Mourinho.

"If you bring him back, it is not because he is Didier or scored the most important goal in the history of Chelsea, or because I read I need an assistant, no.

"If I bring him back -- and the decision has to be made soon, because I want to close the dressing-room door -- it is because as a player he has certain qualities to make the team stronger."

Lets be honest, the prospect of him in royal blue again is mouthwatering !!! Beside his age, his experience and winning mentality will help us to achieve glory I feel, and most of all, Oscar may just take the 8 and leave the 11 for DD.

Pretty much a done deal, Mourinho wouldn't speak candidly about this otherwise.

So many conflicting emotions in my head right now (nothing to do with the 'last kick in Munich' storyline; that'll never be forgotten and forever remain his moment no matter how badly/well he does here if he does come) ... on the one hand he is King Didier and on the other there are the more practical aspects to look at. But I suspect if him coming back means Torrid fucks off, everyone would be down with that for a while at least :D

Pretty much a done deal, Mourinho wouldn't speak candidly about this otherwise.

So many conflicting emotions in my head right now (nothing to do with the 'last kick in Munich' storyline; that'll never be forgotten and forever remain his moment no matter how badly/well he does here if he does come) ... on the one hand he is King Didier and on the other there are the more practical aspects to look at. But I suspect if him coming back means Torrid fucks off, everyone would be down with that for a while :D

I think we'll suffer from Torres for one more year before we can replace him with Lukaku and kick his ass out of this club.I do not believe Atletico Madrid could negociate with him about the wages, he is if i'm not mistaken the second most earning player in the squad and even if he reduce his wages by 25% its still too much for Atletico that have massive debts.Next year Abramovich may finally tell him that he is utter crap.

Massive upgrade on Torres, and if we are talking about pecking orders he would be ahead of him by a street IMO. Even without thinking too much about it this signing makes sense just to play him in one game and one game only......Arsenal.

Jose sends loads of red herrings out in the transfer market, Rooney or bust, Mata staying etc etc

Maybe, but I still think, just from looking at the situation logically, that Torres and one of MVG, Romeu and Mikel are much more likely to be the ones leaving.

Maybe, but I still think, just from looking at the situation logically, that Torres and one of MVG, Romeu and Mikel are much more likely to be the ones leaving.

Doubt it would be Van Ginkel. I think Jose likes him, he was a Jose signing after all. Romeu maybe loan. But I think Mikel is off.

Doubt it would be Van Ginkel. I think Jose likes him, he was a Jose signing after all. Romeu maybe loan. But I think Mikel is off.

I would have bet on Romue to be the one on his way out, but he seems to be doing very well in preseason and Marco is still just back from a long term injury. It'll probably still be Romeu, though.

Didn't Jose say both are staying yesterday?

I think it will be one of Torres and Lukaku, and one of MVG and Romeu loaned out or Mikel sold.

We have a bunch of players on the fringes we could get rid of.. Last year, we had 17 outfield players who played more than 15 games in the league (including subs) and 2 more who played more than 10. After that, it's a few players who barely played. And that was with buying and selling people in the middle of the year.That's the total rotation. We could get rid of/loan half a dozen players and be fine. We should actually as outside of the top-16-18 outfield players, nobody will get any game time.

We have a bunch of players on the fringes we could get rid of.. Last year, we had 17 outfield players who played more than 15 games in the league (including subs) and 2 more who played more than 10. After that, it's a few players who barely played. And that was with buying and selling people in the middle of the year.That's the total rotation. We could get rid of/loan half a dozen players and be fine. We should actually as outside of the top-16-18 outfield players, nobody will get any game time.

Yeah, Jose is not too big on rotation. Some players will face this season the same issues that Essien and KDB faced last season. That's why I don't want us to hold on to both Romeu and MVG, because they certainly won't get many games.

Yeah, Jose is not too big on rotation. Some players will face this season the same issues that Essien and KDB faced last season. That's why I don't want us to hold on to both Romeu and MVG, because they certainly won't get many games.

If Mikel leaves, then I'd rather keep Romeu

However, if Mikel doesn't get sold, then MVG should stay

Romeu>Mikel for me, he just has that aggression i like in my DM, his passing is decent (direct) and he's very mobile. I personally think Mikel should be sold, 8 years here and has never really been a standout, surely he's a big enough name to be sold for a good price? 5-8 million, perhaps.

Selling Torres would be a dream, but the fact is we wont sell him unless he wants to go... and from what i can tell he likes it here. His wage demands are too big for the likes of Inter or Atletico i'm afraid.

I would love for - Costa, Lukaku and Drogba to be our strikers next season... they may have all similar traits (Height, Strength etc) but they offer all offer something different. Costa has very good control and hold up play, he's very direct and loves runs at strikers.

Lukaku is not very good in tight spaces or holding up the ball but on the counter where there's space he can be lethal with his pace and strength, he's also a solid poacher tbh.

Drogba at the age of 36 is obviously not the same player he once was, but his hold up play and control are still solid, he's also still very dangerous in the box. Drogba also knows the PL inside out.

I would be very excited with those strikers, Costa, a man in his prime, Lukaku a young promising striker and Drogba an old experienced striker. Perfect.