Didier Drogba

DYC.

I believe Drogba would really improve our squad as Jose would have the luxury of picking from 4 strikers. Having him in the team will make the strike force less riskier and wouldn't affect the 3 strikers we have at the moment. His role as a player would obviously depend upon the situations but something tells me that he'll link up quite well with Hazard,Oscar and the other attacking players.

Also his presence will really help Lukaku and the other young players. I am sure Jose will consider him as a coach first and then player. Its no secret that we are gunning for the title this year so its important that we are well equipped both physically( in terms of players quality and quantity) and mentally( the champions attitude and hunger to win)

The thing is, it sounds good on paper, but sometimes it doesn't work out like that. He's a Chelsea legend, but as I said above, our squad is very different now. Most of the first team players never even played with him to have any connection with him. For example, Seedorf was a Milan legend and well-respected veteran in the dressing room when he played for Milan, but when he returned to coach Milan, instead of teaching the players the champions attitude, he was disliked by most players. Players that never played with Seedorf didn't like him, didn't agree with him, Milan legend or not.

So I'm not convinced that Drogba would be such a positive influence on the team's atmosphere and mentality. They shouldn't need hand-holding anyway. They aren't babies anymore. Who's going to be the captain after JT retires? It's ridiculous that we still don't have any clear candidates. It's time for someone to step up and become a leader. Drogba isn't going to be much help in that regard sitting on the bench.

The thing is, it sounds good on paper, but sometimes it doesn't work out like that. He's a Chelsea legend, but as I said above, our squad is very different now. Most of the first team players never even played with him to have any connection with him. For example, Seedorf was a Milan legend and well-respected veteran in the dressing room when he played for Milan, but when he returned to coach Milan, instead of teaching the players the champions attitude, he was disliked by most players. Players that never played with Seedorf didn't like him, didn't agree with him, Milan legend or not.

So I'm not convinced that Drogba would be such a positive influence on the team's atmosphere and mentality. They shouldn't need hand-holding anyway. They aren't babies anymore. Who's going to be the captain after JT retires? It's ridiculous that we still don't have any clear candidates. It's time for someone to step up and become a leader. Drogba isn't going to be much help in that regard sitting on the bench.

JT and him are like brothers. Hazard is a fan. Cech, Mikel, Cahill, Ivanovic. Plenty of our players respect him. It's not quite like Seedorf who was gone for a while. Drogba was here just 2 years ago.

Most importantly, he and Jose have a good relationship. No one would disrespect Drogba.

He has won what Salah, Willian, Oscar, Hazard, Azpi, Matic, etc. Dream of winning. They will respect him and be willing to learn from him.

AGAINST the gooners :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Gooners reaching the final. Nice joke.

On a more serious note, I think the gooners have it in them to challenge for the league this season. Hope we beat the shit out of them though!

JT and him are like brothers. Hazard is a fan. Cech, Mikel, Cahill, Ivanovic. Plenty of our players respect him. It's not quite like Seedorf who was gone for a while. Drogba was here just 2 years ago.

But most of the squad still don't know him. Only 3 players in our starting XI played with him--our squad changed that much. Though it's not really the point. My point is, expecting that Drogba would magically rub off his champions' mentality on the players he's never even played with is unrealistic when he isn't even a first team player. He's going to sit on the bench most games. We need leaders in our first team. It's a good thing that our new signings are experienced players who have experience at winning. They have a better chance at transferring their experience to the younger players than Drogba does.

P.s. Seedorf finished his Milan career just 2 years ago too.

DAMN you jose..DAMN you for making our strike force diego costa, lukaku, torres and if we are stuck in the last moments of a game DIDIER DROGBA to maybe pop up in the box... What a no nothing tool jose is!!!

This isn't the same Didier Drogba though..

As Tomo has mentioned, it took Eto'o a full season to adjust after his retirement from 'competitive' football, it's going to be even more difficult for Drogba, as he'll have less (far less) games to get into the swing of things again.

If he had kept his legacy the way it was, no player in the history of the game could match the way he went out; unless their last kick was to win the World Cup.

Costa, Lukaku, Drogba.

So much better than Torres, Eto'o, Ba. So much.

That's a pretty complete complete strike force. Not in the sense that it has overwhelming quality, but in the sense that the three have different traits and they compliment each other. (Same if you replace Lukaku with Torres).

20 goals in 53 games for Galatasaray is not a bad return and the Turkish league is a lot better than people here are giving credit for.

Drogba knows the club and Mourinho inside and out so adaptation would be quick and I feel he can still contribute a lot as a third choice striker / coach. Costa, Lukaku and Drogba would be a perfect strikeforce IMO, though first there's just this small matter off telling Torres he's not wanted anymore and finding him a new club. Easier said than done I'm afraid.