Didier Drogba

DYC.

Put it this way, 32 year old Eto'o needed a few months to adjust to playing in a major league again, now we release him when he is fully acclimatised to go through the same thing with 36 year old Drogba when we could jyst extend Eto's deal.

The welcome back vs Leicester would be good but beyond that this has nightmare written all over.

tbf, even that wouldn't be good. Hmmm, washed up has-been at Leicester Vs hero in Munich.. hmmm let me think that one over..

Oh, come on!

He's not fucking Bendtner or Heskey is he?

No, he isn't... But like I said, I would welcome him back in non-player role anytime... I think, that he as a player can't give us something special... As some coach? Maybe yes...

I just think it is a horrible idea bring him back to squad...

I'm sure that if all of you, who want him back, will imagine other player with same skill, same age etc. just with diferent name, you will be definitely against his comeback... It's time to move on...

That was in response to the post above describing how he can 'rile up' players in the dressing room etc, what's JT for then?. And do we really have that much invested in Lukaku anymore?, in regards to his future here..

I doubt there was any 'real' rift between Eto'o & Mourinho, the board clearly made a mistake letting him go.

I always thought as Drogba as the emotional leader of the group. He was just as influential at JT during his time here.

The reports from yesterday suggest Lukaku will have his chance next season. I don't know how much more invested the club can be than that.

Eto'o was very bitter over the comments by Mourinho, his comments since have proven that.

*you can delete this post as soon as you've read it*

But.. if someone is going to call me a "tool" I have the right to respond to that in the same way.

And I am responding in this way……No more of the name calling, that goes for yourself and everyone.

No, he isn't... But like I said, I would welcome him back in non-player role anytime... I think, that he as a player can't give us something special... As some coach? Maybe yes...

I just think it is a horrible idea bring him back to squad...

I'm sure that if all of you, who want him back, will imagine other player with same skill, same age etc. just with diferent name, you will be definitely against his comeback... It's time to move on...

I doubt we'll even see him start a single PL or CL match unless it's an absolute emergency. He'll be a late game sub and play in the lesser competitions I'd guess.

Imagine bringing on The Drog in the 80th minute and partnering him with Costa for a few minutes. Fabregas and Hazard feeding him. Sounds like a great "plan B" to me.

Not the ideal striker we should be bringing in, but it'll do for a season.

Master stroke by Mourinho! Not only will Arsenal be even more mentally defeated for two games a year, it might even make them lose it for other games.

But seriously Drogba will barely play and he'll be teaching most of the time. It will be a farewell tour.

probably unpopular opinion but still i don't get what's the deal with that his last kick won us the CL, i see no problem him returning for a season as a emergency backup player ( in that case i'd like lukaku to stay to have solid young 2nd choice) and then he can become a part of a coaching team.

i agree that he'd be better here off the pitch, but i don't see him being available on the bench as a disaster.

Master stroke by Mourinho! Not only will Arsenal be even more mentally defeated for two games a year, it might even make them lose it for other games.

But seriously Drogba will barely play and he'll be teaching most of the time. It will be a farewell tour.

like you posts but you av reminds me of those Manure cunts :blue scalf:

Jose obviously thinks Didier can add something, he wouldn't bring him back purely for sentimental reasons to chase the past, else Essien and Lamps would still be here.

it doesn't mean it won't be a mistake like he did with Essien last season...

Bring him to be a coach, I'm all in.

Bring him as the solution we clearly need as back up in our striker position, let the nightmares begin.

Didn't people watch the Galatasaray matches last year? Yeah, we'd probably provide better service for him, but and when the problem is the service, as it has been the whole season for us? And when we need a striker to do just make things happen all on their own? He's 36, he can't do that anymore.

Also if he's coming is Lukaku staying? Are we going to enter the season with 4 strikers then as our shirt model blondie won't leave anyway?

Remember Roger Milla of Cameroon, or even Karagounis of Greece ?

In some matches it's the last twenty minutes that count (for ex. against Everton last season).
But Drogba is not for the "intelligence service" role of the two aforementioned. He is a power forward, so can he do it ?

I don't get it. Just a month ago the board showed that they are ready to put all the emotions aside and risked looking a little harsh with their approach of replacing legends and veteran players like Lamps and Cole (quite possibly the same will happen to Cech pretty soon).

So why bring a 37 year old Didier Drogba? That is totally unnecessary and a huge step back to the positive trend in our transfer policy in the last couple of years, not to mention the complete opposite of the idea of bringing fresh new faces.

I am so against this move that I would rather keep Torres for another season than bringing Drogba back.

Although Drogba is a Chelsea LEGEND, (and always will be), he's too old to play a critical part in Chelsea's campaign... The main question here for me is what will happen to Lukaku?