Didier Drogba

DYC.

its not like young/suarez diving for penalty. or barca players dive for geeting others sent off..

He did that to make sure our team breathes again after the match..

Imagine the level of exhaustion if we have to defend continously for 90 mins..

This man has given this club much more than one can imagine..

Chelsea STILL want to bin their old guard after a last hurrah

Roberto Di Matteo could be just two games away from landing the Chelsea manager's job on a full-time basis - but there is no way back for the club's "old guard."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Chelsea-still-want-replace-Didier-Drogba-and-old-guard-even-if-win-European-Cup-next-month-article892787.html

Roberto Di Matteo could be just two games away from landing the Chelsea manager's job on a full-time basis - but there is no way back for the club's "old guard."

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle892787.html

Chelsea's technical director Michael Emenalo has already drawn up lists of players to be brought into the first team set-up - and to be shipped out.

I shudder in fear at what that could mean :(

It was slightly embarrassing to watch Drogba with his theatrics on Wednesday BUT considering that it was against Barcelona, I couldn't be bothered. They need to have a taste of their own medicine!

Well let's consider it part of the game plan... disrupting Barca's flow is certainly a great tactic. Well done Didier!

Apparently he has a knee injury now :s

http://www1.skysport...f-Gunners-clash

Who knows, maybe they're just playing mind games and trolling Barcelona. Most likely Drogba wouldn't play against Arsenal anyway and based on those comments Barcelona now have to prepare to play against Torres and they get all confused when it is once again the Mighty Drog playing against them on Tuesday. :carlo:

Or he could really be injured, in which case we are fucked.

But Berbatov was just sitting on the bench most of the time...he was more of a passenger rather than a player for them this season.

Irregardless, I do have to ask this: Isn't there a signing-on fee involved?

But Drogba's agent has already claimed they're looking for the most money they can, where ever they move onto. So it's not like they'll have a problem leaving Chelsea, so both parties signing a new contract would be beneficial. Signing-on fees are up to the parties. If they were signing to get a transfer fee, I'm sure both would agree to waive it.

This club, though, is too stupid to realise they can do this. Therefore they won't, and Drogba will walk away without us getting a penny.

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle892787.html

Great news!!

Oh my. Just read the Drogba's injury news. :doh:

As Pr22's said, if he's really injured, we're screwed for Tuesday!

Who knows, maybe they're just playing mind games and trolling Barcelona. Most likely Drogba wouldn't play against Arsenal anyway and based on those comments Barcelona now have to prepare to play against Torres and they get all confused when it is once again the Mighty Drog playing against them on Tuesday. :carlo:

Or he could really be injured, in which case we are fucked.

Apparently he has a knee injury now :s

http://www1.skysport...f-Gunners-clash

This is Didier Drogba. The man who played a World Cup with a broken arm and several seasons with fucked hernias.

Sheer willpower will get him through it, as always.

Re the Barca game

Drogba's theatrics in the semi-final first leg infuriated Barca, who began by kicking the ball out of play so he could receive treatment but ended by letting him know exactly what they thought of him.

Carles Puyol took particular umbrage when Drogba went down clutching his groin.

Asked about the incident, Drogba joked: 'Yes, I think my wife was worried!'

The 34-year-old then beat a hasty retreat, possibly fearing more questions about his play-acting, which did help relieve the pressure from Barca's relentless attacks.

Drogba also spent much of the second half in his own penalty box and he said: 'Every time I got the ball, I saw the goal was really far, like on the M25!'

It's just to troll with Arsenal.

We'll release the team-sheet and it'll be something like this:

Cech

Bosingwa - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Mikel - Essien

Ramires - Mata - Malouda

:Goober:

With that troll face they will think Kalou or Torres is upfront.

But his advisor Thierno Seidy said: "I believe what Didier is currently showing will lead the club to a new thought.

"Talks are going on with executive director Ron Gourlay and we will take stock with him before the end of the season.

"Didier loves Chelsea and he wants to stay but if things have to happen another way, he will leave.

"This time, we can make the decision by ourselves.

"Didier will be a free agent at the end of the season, so he is master of his own fate to sign his last contract."

Seidy ruled out Drogba staying in England if he did not stay at Chelsea.

He said: "We have a lot of offers from everywhere.

"But one thing is for sure, if Didier will play in England next season, it will be at Chelsea and nowhere else."

Source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4268947/Didier-Drogba-wants-new-Chelsea-contract-after-upturn-in-form.html