test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Fulham 1-2 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   17 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Christensen
    • Emerson
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Barkley
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Higuain
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

331 posts in this topic
Just now, Unionjack said:

Really can't agree with Jorgi mate. Thought he was good.

I want Sarri to stay but I just dont agree with him on CHO. I know he hasn't proved anything yet but theres been many times I'd have put him on or played him over Willian.

RLCs problem is far from simple. Hes not shown much when hes not been injured. He needs to either step up or ship out. How many chances does he need? Hes not a kid any more we can keep blaming it on that.

CHO will have problem dislodging Willian this season. I am being honest. There is only one spot for winger in our team across from Hazard. Hazard defensively is quite poor so the other winger has to be excellent defensively. 

For me he has plenty of injury problem this season. I much rather to play him more next season after he has proper rest if not I am afraid he will get injured again. This is pretty common theme with player who has injury fest. 

8 minutes ago, communicate said:

For me he has plenty of injury problem this season. I much rather to play him more next season after he has proper rest if not I am afraid he will get injured again. This is pretty common theme with player who has injury fest. 

Well our schedule and pressure will only get harder not easier, If we have to wrap him in cotton wool maybe he should play in a softer league?

I do understand the logic behind CHO not playing but I dont agree theres not been times he couldn't/shouldn't have played. Even as sub.

17 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Adapting to the league doesnt mean to change your style of play but to adjust to the environment and use it to your benefits. If you recollect, Pep came in with his ideology and it didnt work in the first go ... but then he changed & adapted to the league ... He then "tweaked" like u mentioned and today he plays with his system because he understood what is needed and what is not. Same with Klopp who just wanted to keep going with his sub standard players ... eventually he started tweaking to adjust to the league. Thats the key. ...

Sarri is still adamant to keep going with his preconceived plans. Hence I keep saying he has to have a plan B which doesnt mean go defensive. We cant keep doing the same thing again and again trying to achieve results. 

That's not how I see it. Guardiola implemented the very same style of play he's always used (possession-based). It just took time to teach the players and the club how to do it. And the players who did not learn were replaced, and better ones arrived. Same with klopp who went through several batches of players, before forming a good group.

I'm far from a Sarri admirer - never though Napoli was all that. However, asking for a plan b at this time is premature. He was hired to implement his style of play, with his preconceived notions. I cannot imagine the club was expecting that Sarri was going to do better than Guardiola and Klopp in their first seasons, esp with a squad as lacking in strength in depth as ours is.

6 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Well our schedule and pressure will only get harder not easier, If we have to wrap him in cotton wool maybe he should play in a softer league?

I do understand the logic behind CHO not playing but I dont agree theres not been times he couldn't/shouldn't have played. Even as sub.

This season? Yes. I don't like forcing player to play when he has injury riddled season. They tend to get injured again. RLC is still young, it is better for him to play little this season get 100% healthy and be ready for next season. 

Sometime I agree that Sarri should have played Cho more but not as much as most people in this forum think. 

7 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Adapting to the league doesnt mean to change your style of play but to adjust to the environment and use it to your benefits. If you recollect, Pep came in with his ideology and it didnt work in the first go ... but then he changed & adapted to the league ... He then "tweaked" like u mentioned and today he plays with his system because he understood what is needed and what is not. Same with Klopp who just wanted to keep going with his sub standard players ... eventually he started tweaking to adjust to the league. Thats the key. ...

Sarri is still adamant to keep going with his preconceived plans. Hence I keep saying he has to have a plan B which doesnt mean go defensive. We cant keep doing the same thing again and again trying to achieve results. 

How pep adapt? 

He did not adapt. The biggest difference is they have better FB and GK last season. I didn't see much difference other than that. For me city comparison is useless. Pep inherit a very good squad and added better player on top of it. This is not an attack on pep because pep is a fantastic manager, but squad wise City has the best squad in the league. 

2 minutes ago, communicate said:

This season? Yes. I don't like forcing player to play when he has injury riddled season. They tend to get injured again. RLC is still young, it is better for him to play little this season get 100% healthy and be ready for next season. 

Sometime I agree that Sarri should have played Cho more but not as much as most people in this forum think. 

The guy is 23 now. Hes not some young kid.

I'm not for starting CHO every game but you will never convince me there has bot been games when we could have started him over either Eden/Willian/Pedro and or given him far more playing time than he has had.

Its about getting a balance

IN GENERAL  I'm more inclined to play experience over yoof. We need some strong experience in the team but we do need to start looking at younger players.

We are in the position where we have several older players. Its a good opportunity to lower our average age,

Get a group of lads that could be together as a team for awhile

Out with the old. In with the new.

49 minutes ago, communicate said:

How pep adapt? 

He did not adapt. The biggest difference is they have better FB and GK last season. I didn't see much difference other than that. For me city comparison is useless. Pep inherit a very good squad and added better player on top of it. This is not an attack on pep because pep is a fantastic manager, but squad wise City has the best squad in the league. 

When Pep started at City, he started with his typical tiki-taka which was his template at Barca & Bayern. All his plan started going south by the middle of the season ... thats when he must have realized that his template is not working. And post that you will see changes or tweaks in the system ... like wingers not cutting in early, DM started to stay in deep to slow the pace from the opposition & to provide more stability, no over pressing, I think he also let go of the high line during that time ... these are the few I noticed ... This tweaks gave him & players more confidence because they started coming back and by the next season he knew who could fit his system. Even today if u see he keeps tweaking his plans every few months so that there is something for the opposition to think about. 

We cant just keep saying the manager have acquired the best squad ... they have built it over a period of time under different manager & the current manager keeps adding to it more importantly removing the deadwood. 

Pep was clueless in his first season.  Yes he changed many formations but every time they looked even worse. He even played with three at the back. Then he gets 3 new full backs in the summer,  Bernardo etc and everything changed. I'm sure Sarri will get a lot of hate if he tries something similar like Pep this season. We are still learning his football and that's why it's essential to persist with 4-3-3. It's on board now to support him in the summer and demand title next season. 

Muzchap likes this

10 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

When Pep started at City, he started with his typical tiki-taka which was his template at Barca & Bayern. All his plan started going south by the middle of the season ... thats when he must have realized that his template is not working. And post that you will see changes or tweaks in the system ... like wingers not cutting in early, DM started to stay in deep to slow the pace from the opposition & to provide more stability, no over pressing, I think he also let go of the high line during that time ... these are the few I noticed ... This tweaks gave him & players more confidence because they started coming back and by the next season he knew who could fit his system. Even today if u see he keeps tweaking his plans every few months so that there is something for the opposition to think about. 

We cant just keep saying the manager have acquired the best squad ... they have built it over a period of time under different manager & the current manager keeps adding to it more importantly removing the deadwood. 

I didn't follow city that much but maybe you are right because I didn't see much changes. 

Nah, that is wrong way to look at it especially for city. Let's see how city make signing under pep. He want a cb, let's sign one of the best young ball playing cb in Laporte. He wanted fb, let sign the best lb in mendy and sign Kyle walker. Plus we sign Danilo as backup. We need another winger, let sign Bernardo silva and mahrez when you have sterling and sane. 

Do you think we can do that? Absolutely not. We need a lb, we signed Emerson. We needed a rb we signed zappacosta. 

2 hours ago, communicate said:

I didn't follow city that much but maybe you are right because I didn't see much changes. 

I didnt follow them too but it's always fun to analyse when a top manager or players comes in and pretty much everyone is hell bent on doing what they had done previously. More over it was Pep for whom we were ready to give anything to join us ... I always thought that he would struggle here but wanted to see how he can adjust. 

2 hours ago, communicate said:

Nah, that is wrong way to look at it especially for city. Let's see how city make signing under pep. He want a cb, let's sign one of the best young ball playing cb in Laporte. He wanted fb, let sign the best lb in mendy and sign Kyle walker. Plus we sign Danilo as backup. We need another winger, let sign Bernardo silva and mahrez when you have sterling and sane. 

Do you think we can do that? Absolutely not. We need a lb, we signed Emerson. We needed a rb we signed zappacosta.

We cant ... your right ... I already mentioned it above that currently all the other top 5 teams are better organised (on and off field) than Chelsea is. We dont have a vision or a plan, it all broken at so many levels. 

City has a similar vision which we had when we started out under Roman and I feel our vision has sort of died down post winning the Champions league as if that was the one and only for the club. Currently City are bang on everything, they want to be world beaters and they are taking everyone together towards that goal. 

Muzchap likes this

8 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

City has a similar vision which we had when we started out under Roman and I feel our vision has sort of died down post winning the Champions league as if that was the one and only for the club. Currently City are bang on everything, they want to be world beaters and they are taking everyone together towards that goal. 

Nah vision is not the right word to use for city funding is the word.