• Kante
    • Barkley
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Higuain
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)

Was always gonna be difficult. New manager at any club, yet alone a London based club fighting for relegation, will always bring out a better performance. Fulham made it difficult but we could gave scored more I think. Games likes these are more important for the result as opposed to the performance I feel because we had to win with Spurs and Arsenal drawing.

5 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

Nah higs needs the game time to adapt to the PL if we have any chance of finishing in the top 4 this season, we won't finish top 4 with giroud starting games imo.

Yeah it was the back of the lacklustre game against Spurs i formed my opinion, and we have 10 prem games to go lad, it makes mores sense to play somebody who knows the league more and is more match fit cough cough privvy,  imho to freshen things up ,not every game 4 sure! ? Unless you know that Higuain is going to guarantee the goals that finish us top 4 your comment is futile?! but i hope u are right!

2 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

no easy games at all thats for sure, still need to go to Anfield and Old Toilet, Everton away always a headache, Wolves no walk in the park, Leicester too and BHA not easy too. Its simple, we win our games, we finish in top 4, but nothing is a given.

We will win europa league also m8 !

6 hours ago, DDA said:

Players looked tired too me. Heavy rotation needed against Dynamo if this line up is to beat an impressive Wolves.

The team looks really tired, especially in the 2nd half. You can see the drop in the intensity. 

I don't get with people who say this should be easy game. We are close to the end of season. We have just played 120 min against City and 90 minutes against spurs. Higuain should have buried his chances. 3-1 up and we can be slightly more relax in the 2nd half. Our performance in 2nd half was horrible. 

Hazard, Jorginho, Azpi, Kante need a break 

5 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

The only positive out of the match was 3 points!!! 

Hard to please bruv!

But game of 2 halves really. Started good. Clean sharp,quick passing. I thought even Willian and Ede released the ball quicker than they normally do. But we were cream crackered in the 2nd half. We dropped back which de motivates the forwards IMO. We either buy into keeping the high line and the high pressing completely or it won;t work.

We also have to give Fulham some reps. We knew they were going to be a bunch of honey badgers fighting for their PL lives. Specially trying to show their new boss they still had pride. BUT at the same time they are 2nd from bottom. We should be killing teams like this.

I expected Emerson to have played better given his start and wanting to show he could do it. We need to look at this for the next season. Not happy with either LB. TBH I thoght all the defense looked a bit shakey. Rudi too. Expected more from both him and AC. AC needs to get some balls and man up cause hes getting knocked about.. Should give Ampadu some time tho hes smaller.

Jorgi had a very good game. Organizing play, good passes and the goal was well taken. It will do his confidence a world of good.. Getting a good partnership going with Higs. Specially putting balls over the top to him.

Higs had some Morata type chances but took the goal well. Will only get better. Was strange to hear how much Lineker liked him.

I know how hard it is to do it. Seeing hes our best player, we are fighting for top 4 etc but Eden shouldn't have played IMO. He didn't give us much and looked out of it. MAYBE he was feeling the knock v Spuds? But it was the perfect time to bench him for CHO. This is one thing I wish Sarri would do more/ Tho Eden wasn;t at his best what I do think was helpful was how Fulham had 2/3 players on him. He drew them like a magnet for that pass to Jorgi. So in that respect he was handy.

Pedro coming on for Eden SEEMED logical but he was of no use at all. At his age it was obvious after the running he did and his work rate v Spuds he was going to need a rest. I dont know what CHO has to do to get time. Who knows? Maybe Kiev?

Very disappointed in Barkles. His passes are very poor. RLC now hes recovered should be the starter. He was at least trying to do summet after he came on. Only plus side I see for Barkles is hes HG.Thats something we need to look at and not just players like Green.

But the main thing in the end was we took 3 points from a hard local derby after a bad splell and playing some big games.

I'm happy.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Hard to please bruv!

But game of 2 halves really. Started good. Clean sharp,quick passing. I thought even Willian and Ede released the ball quicker than they normally do. But we were cream crackered in the 2nd half. We dropped back which de motivates the forwards IMO. We either buy into keeping the high line and the high pressing completely or it won;t work.

We also have to give Fulham some reps. We knew they were going to be a bunch of honey badgers fighting for their PL lives. Specially trying to show their new boss they still had pride. BUT at the same time they are 2nd from bottom. We should be killing teams like this.

I expected Emerson to have played better given his start and wanting to show he could do it. We need to look at this for the next season. Not happy with either LB. TBH I thoght all the defense looked a bit shakey. Rudi too. Expected more from both him and AC. AC needs to get some balls and man up cause hes getting knocked about.. Should give Ampadu some time tho hes smaller.

Jorgi had a very good game. Organizing play, good passes and the goal was well taken. It will do his confidence a world of good.. Getting a good partnership going with Higs. Specially putting balls over the top to him.

Higs had some Morata type chances but took the goal well. Will only get better. Was strange to hear how much Lineker liked him.

I know how hard it is to do it. Seeing hes our best player, we are fighting for top 4 etc but Eden shouldn't have played IMO. He didn't give us much and looked out of it. MAYBE he was feeling the knock v Spuds? But it was the perfect time to bench him for CHO. This is one thing I wish Sarri would do more/ Tho Eden wasn;t at his best what I do think was helpful was how Fulham had 2/3 players on him. He drew them like a magnet for that pass to Jorgi. So in that respect he was handy.

Pedro coming on for Eden SEEMED logical but he was of no use at all. At his age it was obvious after the running he did and his work rate v Spuds he was going to need a rest. I dont know what CHO has to do to get time. Who knows? Maybe Kiev?

Very disappointed in Barkles. His passes are very poor. RLC now hes recovered should be the starter. He was at least trying to do summet after he came on. Only plus side I see for Barkles is hes HG.Thats something we need to look at and not just players like Green.

But the main thing in the end was we took 3 points from a hard local derby after a bad splell and playing some big games.

I'm happy.

Agree wholeheartedly.

I hate saying it but we also need a backup plan for Azpi. He's not getting any younger and would love a decent rotation option with him too. 

So summer priority (pending UEFA decision):

- Striker

- LB

- RB understudy 

- Midfield

The time has come to chop out all of the dead wood (how many seasons do we say this) - but we need to keep a consistent footballing identity and replace the dead wood with people that can play in that system. 

I honestly think Drinkwater would be useful with Higs up front. Drinkwater was awesome for Vardy and his movement? 

We have a weird squad and I guess he didn't want to play CHO and Emerson on the same side as both inexperienced defensively (which I get - but it's just so frustrating).

If this team can sneak a top 4 place - I think it will be a decent season overall and is at least progress 👍

Director of Football is also a big must. Especially with the incoming transfer ban.

I love how all oppo fans are baying for us to get a ban, not realising the clause is so broad nearly every other club will be found guilty too - watch their tune change when that happens 😁😁😁

6 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Hard to please bruv!

I'm happy.

Agreed with the analysis ... Top notch!

For me, it is Fulham a team fighting for survival in the PL (no disrespect to them) and the way we came across was like we were the ones defending for our lives. We won the 2 extra points only by inches. For a team like us, we need to be in control against such team because there are more of them in the league than the bigger ones. These are the team we need to beat convincingly and we look so lost against them at times. Thats never good ... I dont want to see a game of 2 halves when pretty much all the other top 5 team bamboozle them with ease. Some one cited fatigue which is possible but who has bought them to ourselves, the manager ... which means poor planning. Also these are super athletics and fatigue shouldnt be used as a reason.  

I have been wanting more from Sarri like a plan B or something but we have been pretty playing the same way since day 1 and my worry is that we are still not convincing even today against a bottom team then how are we going to be league beater in season 2 of Sarri. Our focal point is Jorgihno and he is already found out in his first year, not sure how would be a value add next year. 

My expectation is big from our club but from the way we play I dont find us processing ... This is suppose to be the transition year which will be the backbone for the next where we launch ourselves for the title. However I dont feel as if we are going to be anywhere near champions material next season. For me it is not only win or loss but how we win or how we loss because that shows the character of a team/individual and we lack character ... this is the result after 7 months of same philosophy ... It doesnt light me up, mate ... it's worrying and I fear wholesome change is not going to help our cause.  

... And yes, it is difficult to please me :)

5 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Agreed with the analysis ... Top notch!

For me, it is Fulham a team fighting for survival in the PL (no disrespect to them) and the way we came across was like we were the ones defending for our lives. We won the 2 extra points only by inches. For a team like us, we need to be in control against such team because there are more of them in the league than the bigger ones. These are the team we need to beat convincingly and we look so lost against them at times. Thats never good ... I dont want to see a game of 2 halves when pretty much all the other top 5 team bamboozle them with ease. Some one cited fatigue which is possible but who has bought them to ourselves, the manager ... which means poor planning. Also these are super athletics and fatigue shouldnt be used as a reason.  

I have been wanting more from Sarri like a plan B or something but we have been pretty playing the same way since day 1 and my worry is that we are still not convincing even today against a bottom team then how are we going to be league beater in season 2 of Sarri. Our focal point is Jorgihno and he is already found out in his first year, not sure how would be a value add next year. 

My expectation is big from our club but from the way we play I dont find us processing ... This is suppose to be the transition year which will be the backbone for the next where we launch ourselves for the title. However I dont feel as if we are going to be anywhere near champions material next season. For me it is not only win or loss but how we win or how we loss because that shows the character of a team/individual and we lack character ... this is the result after 7 months of same philosophy ... It doesnt light me up, mate ... it's worrying and I fear wholesome change is not going to help our cause.  

Liverpool and Spurs also moaning about lack of Plan B 👍imagine City do too. It's not a problem exclusive to us 😁

1 hour ago, coolhead23 said:

Ohhh Believe me bud so am I!! I am still up for a complete overhaul of the players and the club from top to bottom.

But the old saying of 'You can't make a silk purse from a pigs ear' is meant for us under Sarri.

Not that the player we have are totally shite but they are a mishmash of a team put together by our previous managers to suit THEIR particular, more defense orientated, style.

You cant expect them to fully adapt to a totally different type of football system and manager with a forward posession based thinking.

He needs to be given a different kind of player. More offense minded.

Apart from us needing to upgrade several of the lads Sarri needs to change and adapt to the PL also.

We have seen this season that the system Sarri playe HAS worked. We just need to back it fully and give him the right tools to do the job.

If then he did fuck up and somehow Roman wasn't happy we would at least have a group of players of a good quality for the next manager to use.