test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 2-0 Spurs

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   24 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Caballero
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Luiz
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Higuain
    • Willian (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

314 posts in this topic

Nice to see the team put in a similar performance to Sunday. Big win that even keeps 3rd place open, should we do our bit going forward.

Unionjack likes this

Brilliant performance, I expect a very lethargic performance after that final but we played well. Looked knackered in the late 2nd half which is understandable. Good win. Now have a rest and bring on Fulham. 

Unionjack, Vesper and 0007 like this

1 minute ago, communicate said:

Brilliant performance, I expect a very lethargic performance after that final but we played well. Looked knackered in the late 2nd half which is understandable. Good win. Now have a rest and bring on Fulham. 

100% agree!

Unionjack likes this

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Here comes the "tricky" run of games against the lesser sides before we go to Anfield. Let's see how we fare...

Fulham (a)
Wolves (h)
Everton (a)
Cardiff (a)
West Ham (h)

Wolves, Everton and West ham we've dropped against already. Need to do it right this time! These are the the annoying lot. 

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Here comes the "tricky" run of games against the lesser sides before we go to Anfield. Let's see how we fare...

Fulham (a)
Wolves (h)
Everton (a)
Cardiff (a)
West Ham (h)

I said between City and Liverpool we should go for 6 wins in the row. Very important win today. Fulham and Cardiff are very bad teams we should win comfortably there . I expect us to win home games as well. Everton is tricky so 13 points from next five is acceptable. Let's finish last 3 months of the season without defeat just like we started season in the first three months. Dynamo should be easy as well let's gain some confidence. 

1905didierblue and Unionjack like this

4 minutes ago, mccg said:

Spurs are out of title race - Pochettino

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino says it will be "impossible" for them to catch Liverpool and Manchester City in the title race after a 2-0 defeat at Chelsea.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/47396333

I didn't even knew that Spurs was in the title race 😂😂😂😂

Great to see us back in form even though i am still not convinced with Sarri's tactics and the football we play. As soon as we concede we will still be fucked and we will have problems with parked buses. Today and vs City we had enough chances albeit only 1 shot on target (woodwork should cout too imo) but just should be more efficient. If we win the next 5 and the 7 winnables from the remianing 9 we will surely be 4th or even 3rd. This is really a question of character now to grind ou tresults against the many middling teams we are still to play who will sit deep and pressurize Jorginho. Glad to have RLC back cos he gives us something extra that physicality and a touch of class and pace in midfield. We stilll have only scored 47 goals which worries me a bit. We need to start blowing teams away. With 3 or 4 teams fighitng for 2 spots it may very well come down to goal diff in the end.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

D0cnd7RV4AAhVCg.png

Remaining fixtures in the top 4 fight...

The top 4 could suddenly open up massively in our favour if we can build a winning run together over our next five games and the game in hand.

We historically have a very good record against both Liverpool and United away too. If we can get a bit of consistency and a run going, a confident Chelsea is more than capable of getting results from them too.

Unionjack likes this

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

D0cnd7RV4AAhVCg.png

Remaining fixtures in the top 4 fight...

lets hope we bookend the end of the season , unbeaten first 12 , unbeaten last 12,should be enough for top 4 !

Unionjack likes this

Not a vintage performance tonight but very pleased to see some fight and character on show, particularly after the disappointing and tiring way we lost at the weekend.

There definitely needs to be an improvement in the attacking sense, but the last two games we have been far more solid and some credit is due for Sarri with regards to that seemingly learning from mistakes past.

The run of games now is favourable and hopefully will help us build some confidence and consistency to our game.

A personal highlight tonight also was watching Jenas squirm and frown after the game. Might as well have taken his mic off and ran into a corner crying.

I liked that game. The team started really well, and I think if Higuain would have scored with that shot that hit the post the game would have been an easy ride.

What a performance by Kanté!!!