Hakim Ziyech

the wes

Big fucking YES to this one! I've been a fan of him for a while and been dreaming about him joining us. It won't cheap though as he's by far the best player in Eredivisie.

Hardworking, more dynamic version of Mesut Ozil is how many people like to describe him and I think that's pretty accurate. In fact, he's so hardworking that I could see him playing that Kante role. He does have a bit of reputation for being a diva though but maybe that's also down to him being so much better than most players in that league.

15 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Big fucking YES to this one! I've been a fan of him for a while and been dreaming about him joining us. It won't cheap though as he's by far the best player in Eredivisie.

Hardworking, more dynamic version of Mesut Ozil is how many people like to describe him and I think that's pretty accurate. In fact, he's so hardworking that I could see him playing that Kante role. He does have a bit of reputation for being a diva though but maybe that's also down to him being so much better than most players in that league.

Angel Di Maria would have been my comparison, but yes a fantastic player.

Certainly on fire this season.

I wonder what the peeps will be thinking on here about him being a gamble?

Wonder what @MoroccanBlue might think about him?

On 2/16/2019 at 9:36 PM, mccg said:

Watching this season we could all do with some moroccan magic :yay::cig:

Not been any good Red Seal about in years!  d9d5e59a577b15ef926a3b5f9f9b0b19.gif

Transfer News: Chelsea interested in signing Ajax star Hakim Ziyech

http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2019/02/18/transfer-news-chelsea-interested-in-signing-ajax-star-hakim-ziyech/

Zyech.thumb.jpg.5df7c3ab4051c9d9edb4bf5400e911ac.jpg

Moroccan here. 

Amazing left food, great technique and decent work rate for a player of his profile. 

A bit inconsistent however, Real Madrid last week was probably the first big game where he lived up to his reputation.

Morocco were more or less good in the world cup ( aside from some naivety and lack of experience ) but he hasn't been one of our star performers, which was a bit deceiving for me. 

Also got some doubts on whether he can play as a winger in the Premier League, not the strongest guy you will see, if he comes here his best position will be behind the striker or on the top of a midfield 3 ( probably where Kanté plays now ). 

Not sure we can attract much better player calibre these days anyways so I would go for it, he has a very high ceiling, if he can live up to that, we're in for a treat.

44 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

here are better options we should pursue for that AMF role. 

Of course there are - for every position, questions are -

Can we get them?

Would they want to come?

And do our board know they exist?

I might answer no to each of them depending on my mood.

5 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Of course there are - for every position, questions are -

Can we get them?

Would they want to come?

And do our board know they exist?

I might answer no to each of them depending on my mood.

Bruno Fernandes and Sarabia are realistic possibilities. 

It's clear as day that this team lacks end product. If the board can't see that, it just gives more clarification they have fuck all idea what they are doing and should be petitioned out. 

2 hours ago, Adnane said:

Moroccan here. 

Amazing left food, great technique and decent work rate for a player of his profile. 

A bit inconsistent however, Real Madrid last week was probably the first big game where he lived up to his reputation.

Morocco were more or less good in the world cup ( aside from some naivety and lack of experience ) but he hasn't been one of our star performers, which was a bit deceiving for me. 

Also got some doubts on whether he can play as a winger in the Premier League, not the strongest guy you will see, if he comes here his best position will be behind the striker or on the top of a midfield 3 ( probably where Kanté plays now ). 

Not sure we can attract much better player calibre these days anyways so I would go for it, he has a very high ceiling, if he can live up to that, we're in for a treat.

He was outstanding in that away game against Bayern earlier in the season. During post-match interviews Van Gaal (who usually doesn't praise anyone) gave his performance a perfect 10 and told him that he was amazing. And he really was, Bayern players were chasing his shadow all evening.

We would become so much more effective in the offensive phase if we had a player of his attacking quality playing that Kante role

Guys be careful.  It's just Eredivisie league. Lewis Baker had double digits there. For example Dusan Tadic scored already 24 goals (Lol) this season for Ajax in 36 games. In four seasons in Southampton he scored 23 goals in 162 games. We all know Tadic as average 30 years old player. And Ziyech is on 15 goals /31 games this season. Stay away! 

• 1 month later...
Just now, the wes said:

Chelsea are interested in signing Hakim Ziyech from Ajax this summer, according to a report from Suddeutsche Zeitung, as cited by GGFN.

Ziyech or Pepe would be fine to me. It has to be one of them. I would prefer Pepe though due tot the fact that he is a physical beast and a Chelsea Fan though, but Ziyech is also insanly talented

• 9 months later...