• Barkley
    • Kante
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Higuain
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)

I turned the match off pretty quickly and went to sleep, but, I expect this stuff. I draw a direct line from the moment AVB spoke something that resembled the truth years ago. Chelsea don't have an identity, not a leadership group in the offices with vision. These facts were previously made unclear by the talent and leadership we had on the pitch.

have a vision though: CFC are headed for full-fledged mediocrity as long as Abramovich and the Chelsea offices remain as they are.

Furthermore, Pep's entrance into the Prem has made things a little bit more clear. Chelsea won recent titles because other clubs were weak. Not so anymore.

I think Kovačić would have been better for game like this, where it's clear we will suffer without ball. And Emerson is always better option than Alonso. What was Sarri thinking?

Azpi should rest a bit too. Give Zappacosta a chance. No untouchables.

1 hour ago, mccg said:

Alonso gets 2, Hazard gets 6 | Chelsea player ratings vs Manchester City

https://madaboutepl.net/2019/02/alonso-gets-2-hazard-gets-6-chelsea-player-ratings-vs-manchester-city/

:lol::cry:

Spot on on the ratings.

alsonso was awful. Kepa and Barkley were poor too.

not many players were focused enough for a game like this. Every city player was far more focused and disciplined.

People need to take a long look at this match because we got embarrassed in whole Europe today. They even started the song One step behind after they humiliated us. Literally mocked us, not surprised Sarri left without shaking hands Guardiola was acting like an retard up 4-0.

beaten but still proud . On reflection bros,  we had a host of chances in that first half . Hugian could have had 3 easily another day .

If he connected that first chance the day would have been different  . Sarri's plan went out the window and by the second it was over .

Step back and realise margins change everything. 

3 minutes ago, Romans disciples said:

beaten but still proud . On reflection bros,  we had a host of chances in that first half . Hugian could have had 3 easily another day .

If he connected that first chance the day would have been different  . Sarri's plan went out the window and by the second it was over .

Step back and realise margins change everything. 

BROWNIE POINTS FOR YOUR OPTIMISM!!!

8 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

You need a manager that can adopt to PL, can apply his style and likely has to integrate youth. He needs player to follow him no matter what. Also the board needs to back manager with everything available. Need this player? Ok, we will get him. And for that you need competent DoF. 

We seem to have nothing. 

Im all for sticking to one manager, but first we need Dof and board that will provide full backing of whoever they bring. 

Just like we lost 6:0 and its easy to call Sarri and players a joke, the board and club are one massive joke for a while now, except they hide behind the squad and manger and blame them for everything.

I agree having a very good dof is good because he can decide what kind of football that the team want to play, hire suitable manager for that football and sign player suited to that team. 

Right now it is obvious that hiring Sarri is a mistake. Not because Sarriball doesn't work in epl, but Sarri want to force his system to team who has problems doing two key components to Sarri football. High pressing and possession based offense. 

So what is next? Continue changing our team to a more attacking possession based team or bring a Conte type manager who prefer counter attacking football. 

Talking about youth. I have posted what happen with CHO. It is the same thing as what Mou said about Ruben. When you are young player, run, run and run. If Cho want to play more, in his cameo forget about scoring or assisting, Sarri know he is good with the ball but can he press and track back. I don't like this trend, two managers talking about how our youth don't run enough. 

I have, thankfully, never watched any of these dratted games (the 2-0 to Arsenal, 4-0 Bournemouth, 6-0 city.) live...and I do try to catch every league game live. I just flicked through the highlights for these matches, and looked on in disbelief as the scoreline became more and more lopsided. 

I have seen Chelsea teams capitulate in the past, but to this extent and multiple times in a single season? No words.

8 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Goodie... Our next league game is Spurs... How many will they score... 

We'll score 7 against them at the bridge, just like how we used the Huddersfield match to make up for the loss in goal difference against Bournemouth

Liked how Pep thought this through and through ... He just used pretty much the same tactics that Sarri used in their first meeting. Give the ball to City and wait for the gaps to appears, with City the cover up play and filling up the gaps is quick (obviously due to the quality) but we still found them and won the first one.

Pep did the same with us yesterday, gave us the ball, once the gap appeared they pounced on it like crazy and because we are no longer defensively stable we suffered plus the fact that they were very clinical. Everyone said it was chaos, our heads were not in place but for me Pep identified our weakness and was ruthless in the execution. 

Bravo to Pep and his team!!!