• Kante
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Higuain
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)

Just now, communicate said:

I think that is more the problem. We are losing so many one on one battle it is not even funny. Agueros is beating Luiz and Ruddiger. Sterling is ripping apart Azpi. People will talk about alonso but that wasn't the main problem. Should have just done a mourinho and parked the bus. 

We have gotten the most joy when playing on the counter against Guardiola's sides, including the reverse fixture. So why have we gone and tried to play them in an open game, especially when we have been in poor form of late?! 

Just now, Jason said:

We have gotten the most joy when playing on the counter against Guardiola's sides, including the reverse fixture. So why have we gone and tried to play them in an open game, especially when we have been in poor form of late?! 

Conte was right! Suffer without the ball! All hail Conte!

We were embarassing that day. But what are we today?

Just now, MrExcalibur100 said:

They are better than our 2004/05 team in my opinion. They had 100 points last season. I never imagined such a thing can be possible in the Premier league.

The league was stronger at the top back then IMO. We displaced the Arsenal invinclibles and SAF had  great team too. Maybe over the course of the season this City team would collect more points but in a single game or a two-legged fixture, I would trust a prime Mourinho with a prime Lampard, flanked by Robben and Drogba up front to grind out a result vs them. Pep has shown that his teams are vulnerable to elite class counter attacking teams, albeit they are a juggernaut vs teams who give them space or just cant defend like us today.

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

I cannot believe for the life of me that anyone would actually consider welcoming Mourinho back. That is joke of the year.

A close second is Sarris team selection.

He has single handedly frozen Odoi out. Defensive phase? 

We just shipped 4 goals against a direct rival within 35 mins you clown.

Don't think anyone would want him back, just saying that he may fancy it. He has an image in need of desperate rehabilitation. He'd look like a savior if he came back and won us the EL.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

As if we had decided what sort of game to play before it was 3-0.

I don't think that was the plan. The first goal just made us forget all semblance of even knowing what the game plan was

I am asking myself the same. Esp after Sarri beat Pep at the Bridge with a fairly defensive tactic why is going all out to play at the Etihad? Sure the early goal killed our gameplan anyway but we looked fairly proactive in the first 2 mins anyway. Liverpool in the CL created the perfect blueprint how beat them as we did in our 2nd half performance. We might still have lost but not by that margin.

Just now, Jason said:

I agree, should have been more defensive. I like Sarri but we are far to brave today. Should have been more defensive. City simply blitzed us and forget Alonso . Azpi, Luis and Ruddiger lose all their battle that was the problem. 

The fans have been screaming for Hudson Odoi and RLC and Emerson.

Maybe we wouldn't have been winning with these three but good chance there would be more phases of play in the City box and would create actual trouble at the back for City.

Sigh. I just hope this season can be salvaged now

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

The league was stronger at the top back then IMO. We displaced the Arsenal invinclibles and SAF had  great team too. Maybe over the course of the season this City team would collect more points but in a single game or a two-legged fixture, I would trust a prime Mourinho with a prime Lampard, flanked by Robben and Drogba up front to grind out a result vs them. Pep has shown that his teams are vulnerable to elite class counter attacking teams, albeit they are a juggernaut vs teams who give them space or just cant defend like us today.

Absolutely no chance, mate. The Invincibles were on their last legs and that United team was average by United standards. The league is much much stronger now.